Where to stay in taipei?

mozzozo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Heading to taipei from 30th dec to 4th Jan. Any recommendations on where to stay?

Preferably less than 200 per night but able to stretch a lil.

Saw amba songshan and ximending, both are pretty nice!

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Find ximending or somewhere near a mrt so u can easily travel around

mozzozo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm made a reservation with free cancellation at finders hotel! Pretty reasonable. Will continue to look around and see some of what you guys have suggested! Thanks!

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm made a reservation with free cancellation at finders hotel! Pretty reasonable. Will continue to look around and see some of what you guys have suggested! Thanks!

If you mean Finders hotel ximending, can cancel it liao. The location so lousy, everyday you have to walk so far to mrt, havnt go out already tired.
If you can up abit your budget, try Via hotel, very near to mrt exit, right inside ximending shopping and many foods.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depending on your budget price and distant away from mrt. To me within 500metre still acceptable finder only 5min walk to mrt still acceptable why spend more? use the money for sightseeing or buying stuffs better right?

It just a stay over for your night and I bet u be out the whole day sightseeing

Last edited:

eplusf

Reaction score
I personally prefer to choose a location near a train station with multiple lines (like singapore's bishan, serangoon, city hall kind). That goes to the places I want to go to. 200 per night can get you a nice place anywhere actually. Just key in the search criteria and browse around. Good luck with your search! :D

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ximen Puri. Damn good location, yet not affected by noisy XMD crowd

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
Before I used to stay at TS hotel but gone liao. Now if go with family will stay at tomorrow hotel just directly outside ximen station above 711. If go alone or with gf will stay at motel if possible 😊

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ximen Puri. Damn good location, yet not affected by noisy XMD crowd

Yes, i like Ximen Puri's location also! damn great.
but i dunno if it's just ground floor problem, the rooms are not soundproof at all. if your "neighbours" are really noisy, then hosay liao. :s22:

Hotel Tomorrow also great location. just that Hotel Puri their room and bathroom nicer.

peanut_pancake

Master Member
Reaction score
Before I used to stay at TS hotel but gone liao. Now if go with family will stay at tomorrow hotel just directly outside ximen station above 711. If go alone or with gf will stay at motel if possible 😊

Such a pity ts hotel is gone...very sudden too

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, i like Ximen Puri's location also! damn great.
but i dunno if it's just ground floor problem, the rooms are not soundproof at all. if your "neighbours" are really noisy, then hosay liao. :s22:

Hotel Tomorrow also great location. just that Hotel Puri their room and bathroom nicer.
So far I quite lucky usually get level 3 or 4. Unlike most xmd hotels reviews will be noisy, Puri hidden in the alley is perfect. 2 minutes walk to ximen station, but usually I will walk to tms when weather is good

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far I quite lucky usually get level 3 or 4. Unlike most xmd hotels reviews will be noisy, Puri hidden in the alley is perfect. 2 minutes walk to ximen station, but usually I will walk to tms when weather is good

Both time there i got a ground floor room but i like it wor! like that no need wait for lift at all! come out lobby take hot water and snacks/tea bags (complimentary) also jin convenient. LoL.

liteScribble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going late october, staying Sanzhi District (rural for 2 night) then head to taipei city hall for 5 nights where I'll just head for day trips for hikes and soak in the taipei vibes.

cokiee

Reaction score
Staying near Zhongshan north road

Hey guys - going for a week in November but for wedding photog so will need to be around the Zhongshan N road for 3 days. The actual location is triangulated by Minquan W Road Station and Shuanglian station...

Where would you suggest we could stay please? Budget is about 100 ish, but as always the more value the better :s13:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both time there i got a ground floor room but i like it wor! like that no need wait for lift at all! come out lobby take hot water and snacks/tea bags (complimentary) also jin convenient. LoL.
When I stay there, I will hoot a few cups of kopi before going out for the day. Otw out walk to H&M area eat the street food damn nice.

Hey guys - going for a week in November but for wedding photog so will need to be around the Zhongshan N road for 3 days. The actual location is triangulated by Minquan W Road Station and Shuanglian station...

Where would you suggest we could stay please? Budget is about 100 ish, but as always the more value the better :s13:
For convenience should look at TMS or XMD, personally I will recommend the latter

coldish

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just stayed at Ximen Via Hotel again last week. Tried the room with bathtub damn shiok after everyday of walking.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.