Wireless IP Camera thread

mmchaisi

Reaction score
poor show, but promising. I was more worried that they went bust.

Just got this

“Hi everyone, our network servers was down for the last 2 days, resulting on the remote access issue using your 4G data to access your cameras. As our network engineers has been working to diagnose the fault, please do not reset your cameras or uninstall your Sineoji app. As soon as the fault in the server is rectified, it will be restored. I apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. For sure, our engineers are currently working on it.”

arsenalgirl

Reaction score
I'm also facing the same issue with my Sineoji cameras and also received the same update from Dean...
At first i thought it was my home network thankfully i asked if not I would have wasted my time resetting/ troubleshooting an issue that isn't mine..
Hopefully it'll be up soon as I'm sure loads of people are quite reliant on home monitoring systems when they're at work :)
Sighs

xxhikarutanxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using Sineoji 716v cameras after seeing all the positive reviews (apparently could be fake users, lol) and I must say that while the camera feed are clear and response time are good, the software is indeed lacking (fyi I'm using the old one, new app/software not supported by older cameras).

To play back the recorded videos stored in the SD card, I have to select 1 of many 10 to 15 mins video files under each camera. To make it worse there is no fast forward button. If you wish to locate an incident you have to waste a lot of time viewing each clip in their entirety.

Also, since last night my cameras (all 4) have been in the mode of "connecting" and "timeout". With a new maid at home this is not ideal. Hopefully the brand contact can help me resolve this soon.

Can't put it more accurately,the inability of the app to fast forward is really making this cam backwards and making me very Sian.

I too was mislead by the false advertisement of the sineoji staffs posting here.

Zzz.

epiphany01

Reaction score
Can't put it more accurately,the inability of the app to fast forward is really making this cam backwards and making me very Sian.

I too was mislead by the false advertisement of the sineoji staffs posting here.

Zzz.

I was like u, bot due to the reviews here. think the image quality is good. Speed decent but the network issues is zzz. N I already have to service two cams in the past 1 year I had it. So durability is an issue. Seriously looking for alternatives now.

Hot2002

Reaction score
U can turn on the Alarm function, the video file name will start with A and usually less than 3 mins. That makes searching easier

When there is no activity, the file name will start with P. I configure each file to be 300 second so that the searching is not so painful

I am still able to access my ip cam remotely using browser. However, almost all browser will end support for flash in dec2020 (iirc). That’s my concern !

mmchaisi

Reaction score
anyone knows of a camera which allows you to control streaming playback from an app? I don’t think it’s easy to do, but Sineoji app should at least allow video file download from mobile app.

The server seems to be running again by the way. Highlights the problem with having to depend on a centralised server for access over the internet, not to mention security issues.

It's still ridiculous that there's no fast forward function and the reason given is so lame.

epiphany01

Reaction score
anyone knows of a camera which allows you to control streaming playback from an app? I don’t think it’s easy to do, but Sineoji app should at least allow video file download from mobile app.

The server seems to be running again by the way. Highlights the problem with having to depend on a centralised server for access over the internet, not to mention security issues.

It’s abit of workaround but mine is hooked up to a NAS to store the footage. Got 1TB HDD purely for footage. And then when I need a payback, i just go to files on the NAS directly n replay

mmchaisi

Reaction score
cool, how did you redirect storage to the NAS?

It’s abit of workaround but mine is hooked up to a NAS to store the footage. Got 1TB HDD purely for footage. And then when I need a payback, i just go to files on the NAS directly n replay

epiphany01

Reaction score
cool, how did you redirect storage to the NAS?

https://youtu.be/R3p8Rxex5aw

Ehhh I Duno where to start to tell U to calibrate but Dean did it for me initially. Thereafter I just DIY reset if any issue. The video is quite good. Asustor NAS compatible with ONVIF cams which sineoji is.

Last edited:

mmchaisi

Reaction score
ok thanks. Will have a go.

https://youtu.be/R3p8Rxex5aw

Ehhh I Duno how to start but Dean did it for me initially. Thereafter I just DIY reset if any issue. The video is quite good. Asustor NAS compatible with ONVIF cams which sineoji is

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Security concern is utmost paramount.

I think I can trust the Amazon (Wyze) more than Sineoji.

Mich_sg

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a wireless charging ip camera

Hi, i am new here. Can anyone recommend me a IP camera that can do wireless charging? Thank you.

ksksksks

Reaction score
Don’t think there’s any in the market.

If you mean battery operated ip camera. Can try out blink indoor or blink xt. They last for 2 years

Hi, i am new here. Can anyone recommend me a IP camera that can do wireless charging? Thank you.

ailiguan

Reaction score
Noticed that accessing my sineoji cameras from internet is getting quite long to connect since Saturday. Connecting from WiFi is fine.

Anyone facing similar issue?

Sent from null using GAGT

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hahah.... even the company went down, ur cam still can use as long is not the cam issue :p

The problem is u ppl connect to their network rather than ur own.
So if their ddns down, all down. Actually is still up when u access from home internet.

I using wanscam, which is similar to sineoji. The person no longer sponsor ddns.

All these can be work around but need to do some setting on ur router & cam in order to access your router aka cam from outside IP.

I am using Sineoji 716v cameras after seeing all the positive reviews (apparently could be fake users, lol) and I must say that while the camera feed are clear and response time are good, the software is indeed lacking (fyi I'm using the old one, new app/software not supported by older cameras).

To play back the recorded videos stored in the SD card, I have to select 1 of many 10 to 15 mins video files under each camera. To make it worse there is no fast forward button. If you wish to locate an incident you have to waste a lot of time viewing each clip in their entirety.

Also, since last night my cameras (all 4) have been in the mode of "connecting" and "timeout". With a new maid at home this is not ideal. Hopefully the brand contact can help me resolve this soon.

Noticed that accessing my sineoji cameras from internet is getting quite long to connect since Saturday. Connecting from WiFi is fine.

Anyone facing similar issue?

2 days already

I'm also facing the same issue with my Sineoji cameras and also received the same update from Dean...
At first i thought it was my home network thankfully i asked if not I would have wasted my time resetting/ troubleshooting an issue that isn't mine..
Hopefully it'll be up soon as I'm sure loads of people are quite reliant on home monitoring systems when they're at work :)
Sighs

I was like u, bot due to the reviews here. think the image quality is good. Speed decent but the network issues is zzz. N I already have to service two cams in the past 1 year I had it. So durability is an issue. Seriously looking for alternatives now.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.