Reaction score
Currently my purifier indicator
qyopfa9.jpg
What version is this?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Samsung AX40. Any lobang for replacing the filter as it's not been used for quite a long time.

TIA

Looks like you are not a regular user, what whitesands recommended is ok and convenient.

For those who are daily users and have multiple AP units (other than the AX40) and want to change it every 6-9 months (you know, the filter smells after a while) and want an even more economical option, just go to Taobao and type DIY HEPA, choose those which are 300mm x 300mm x 2.5cm. The Samsung AX40 is 320mm x 285mm in L and W.

Slice the HEPA up to fit the 285mm dimension first, slice the filter so that it goes "along the grain", it's much easier to cut this way and less messy.
For the other dimension, roll up a bit of the plastic wrapping that comes with the filter and stuff it into the gap between the filter and the walls of the AX40 (since this one is 320mm for the AX40 and filter is only 300mm, hence 25mm gap).

Don't worry too much about the gaps and whatnots affecting the air quality due to bypass (it's very very little only), it'd still have decent CADR and clean the room's air of haze very nicely. The filter's filtration output is about 90-95%, so that is about H10 to H11.
I have confirmed with the laser particle counter, HDB room can still be cleaned. The drop in airflow velocity is noticeable, CADR shd be around 200-230 m3/hr, so still no issue one.
Another good thing is that the due to the lower airflow (due to increased filter resistance), it sort of is a manual medium speed.......so it's even more silent than the original filter at high speed.
I find that for regular use, this 200-230 m3/hr CADR with even more silent operation is fine, not that the orignal filter at 323 m3/hr high speed is noisy.

his is one of them.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...LMm0o&id=558805128135&ns=1&abbucket=12#detail

O1CN0178lxdz1sQ7ps12ItD_!!360815760.jpg

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Curious how clean the air comes out from my old XiaoMi Pro. Not bad. Still working well. I thought not possible to achieve 0 anymore. :D

qExmOad.jpg

Last edited:

Shib

Reaction score
Curious how clean the air comes out from my old XiaoMi Pro. Not bad. Still working well. I thought not possible to achieve 0 anymore. :D

qExmOad.jpg
Cool! I am waiting for my laser detector to arrive.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are not a regular user, what whitesands recommended is ok and convenient.

For those who are daily users and have multiple AP units (other than the AX40) and want to change it every 6-9 months (you know, the filter smells after a while) and want an even more economical option, just go to Taobao and type DIY HEPA, choose those which are 300mm x 300mm x 2.5cm. The Samsung AX40 is 320mm x 285mm in L and W.

Slice the HEPA up to fit the 285mm dimension first, slice the filter so that it goes "along the grain", it's much easier to cut this way and less messy.
For the other dimension, roll up a bit of the plastic wrapping that comes with the filter and stuff it into the gap between the filter and the walls of the AX40 (since this one is 320mm for the AX40 and filter is only 300mm, hence 25mm gap).

Don't worry too much about the gaps and whatnots affecting the air quality due to bypass (it's very very little only), it'd still have decent CADR and clean the room's air of haze very nicely. The filter's filtration output is about 90-95%, so that is about H10 to H11.
I have confirmed with the laser particle counter, HDB room can still be cleaned. The drop in airflow velocity is noticeable, CADR shd be around 200-230 m3/hr, so still no issue one.
Another good thing is that the due to the lower airflow (due to increased filter resistance), it sort of is a manual medium speed.......so it's even more silent than the original filter at high speed.
I find that for regular use, this 200-230 m3/hr CADR with even more silent operation is fine, not that the orignal filter at 323 m3/hr high speed is noisy.

his is one of them.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...LMm0o&id=558805128135&ns=1&abbucket=12#detail

I am also using AX40 for a long time, but not that regular.

U mean you all dont buy the official Samsung ones ? quite surprise.
actually very ex hor.

taobao ones works the same huh

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Works well. My usual lower band of favourite mode, didn’t increase speed. (Provided windows and doors closed)

Purifier indicator
rnLBUZp.jpg

Hourly PM2.5 readings from MyENV app
FK7l7qW.jpg

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am also using AX40 for a long time, but not that regular.

U mean you all dont buy the official Samsung ones ? quite surprise.
actually very ex hor.

taobao ones works the same huh

Yep........no issue for haze, it works. Verified with seperate laser particle counter meters.

I just posted a few pages ago. Check it out.

There would be a smell that is given out during the first 48hrs of operation, as in, if you leave the air purifier with these Taobao HEPA filters switch on in low speed for 48 hours continuously in low fan speed, the smell would be largely gone.

laeticia

Reaction score
My Samsung Ax 40 still going strong even with daily use. I don't change the filters that often maybe 9 months or so...

Was thinking of getting 3rd party filter from here. $39 after coupon and points. Is that expensive compared to Taobao?

https://qoo.tn/B1IUbU/Q107272722

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Samsung Ax 40 still going strong even with daily use. I don't change the filters that often maybe 9 months or so...

Was thinking of getting 3rd party filter from here. $39 after coupon and points. Is that expensive compared to Taobao?

https://qoo.tn/B1IUbU/Q107272722

Hi sis, do check the Consolidated El nino and haze thread for the latest news.
Quite important.

Yes, it's significantly more expensive, but i think still affordable for the majority of us.

See what you want. That filter you listed is quite a fair bit higher in quality though. Can get higher airflow/CADR, and has Activated carbon (srsly not that important, coz the formaldehyde CADR isn't high even for the original samsung filter, about 50 m3/hr for formaldehyde iirc)

passingbye

Reaction score

his is one of them.

Yah my purifier has been kept in the storeroom for some time. Will probably try out whitesands's recommendation for now ;)

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got my xiaomi air purifier 2S. The app is quite simple, cannot check on the history? Is only on/off and manual/auto?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

laeticia

Reaction score
Thanks bro, will check the haze thread for updates.

Hm I thought I saw the link shared a few posts down and the price difference wasn't that great? But my Chinese sucks so would rather not have to deal with Taobao :s13:

Hi sis, do check the Consolidated El nino and haze thread for the latest news.
Quite important.

Yes, it's significantly more expensive, but i think still affordable for the majority of us.

See what you want. That filter you listed is quite a fair bit higher in quality though. Can get higher airflow/CADR, and has Activated carbon (srsly not that important, coz the formaldehyde CADR isn't high even for the original samsung filter, about 50 m3/hr for formaldehyde iirc)

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro, will check the haze thread for updates.

Hm I thought I saw the link shared a few posts down and the price difference wasn't that great? But my Chinese sucks so would rather not have to deal with Taobao :s13:

Yes, a nicely pre-made and customised to 320mm x 285mm and perhaps 35mm depth chinese HEPA is around 80rm. If 45mm depth then it's rmb 125 (S$25) or so. Add in shipping to SG, maybe around $4 per filter.

These standardised 300 x 300 x 25mm depth is just around 25-30rmb. You have DIY cut along the HEPA pattern, and then roll up the plastic wrapping and squeeze in to fill the gap.

The whole process doesn't even take 3 minutes for me, but for some who are not handy with DIY, it's mission impossible for them.

So i guess it really depends on the individual, coz i know some who can't even manage to wash dishes/clean the toilet properly. (don't make the effort to learn also)

Basically the same stuff same material same smell even, i have tried both types before. :)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.