Self-drive to Khao Yai

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must be me, haha.

Hi funnyclown, share with you mine afer posting here for recommendation. My initial list consist of Maya,Sala,Toscana,Thames,Series,Mukha,MyOZone and Botanica.

My first priority is location since i have children with me, i dont want too isolated place. So Maya,Sala,Toscana and MyOzone is out. You check on google map, thier location really far.

My recommendation is since you only staying 2N, its better to just pick one hotel, so as to fully enjoy. If sleep only any hotel will do, no different

After you went Khao Yai, share your review here :D

snowieee

Reaction score
Must be me, haha.

Hi funnyclown, share with you mine afer posting here for recommendation. My initial list consist of Maya,Sala,Toscana,Thames,Series,Mukha,MyOZone and Botanica.

My first priority is location since i have children with me, i dont want too isolated place. So Maya,Sala,Toscana and MyOzone is out. You check on google map, thier location really far.

My recommendation is since you only staying 2N, its better to just pick one hotel, so as to fully enjoy. If sleep only any hotel will do, no different
Tuscano quite isolated. Need to drive out. A distant. In khao yai better to drive. More convenient

weekuan7

Reaction score
Hi, anyone can advise if is it worth to go Jim Thompson. Its seems some distance away from the other attraction. How long to stay there? Thanks.

snowieee

Reaction score
Hi, anyone can advise if is it worth to go Jim Thompson. Its seems some distance away from the other attraction. How long to stay there? Thanks.
I did not go. Too far. It's the other end. Google and saw what they have. So I think to me is not worth to n fro. Long hours and tired. Lol

weekuan7

Reaction score
I did not go. Too far. It's the other end. Google and saw what they have. So I think to me is not worth to n fro. Long hours and tired. Lol

Yup, that's my thought as well. But because its only open once a year and many mentioned it here, i was wondering if its worth the time to travel there...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's my thought as well. But because its only open once a year and many mentioned it here, i was wondering if its worth the time to travel there...

It's open once a year, if you haven't go, why not. Since you already in Khao Yai. You can google to see what to expect before going.

I go Khao Yai national park also very far inside, worth it.

snowieee

Reaction score
How is it? Can you share you review here?
There are two properties in tuscano. The one with suites more expensive. I stayed at the the lower range.Hotel La Casetta by Toscana Valley..but price was about $180+ per night. Room big. The area is good for photo taking. Beautiful. But it was very quiet at night. We stayed at the ground floor. Sometimes got noise at night. Dunno from where. Must drive as the place is quite isolated. Good to stay once if nv stay before as its beautiful n eye opening. But I'll not return. The night we stayed was raining too. Driving the road back to hotel long way and quiet. :o

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are two properties in tuscano. The one with suites more expensive. I stayed at the the lower range.Hotel La Casetta by Toscana Valley..but price was about $180+ per night. Room big. The area is good for photo taking. Beautiful. But it was very quiet at night. We stayed at the ground floor. Sometimes got noise at night. Dunno from where. Must drive as the place is quite isolated. Good to stay once if nv stay before as its beautiful n eye opening. But I'll not return. The night we stayed was raining too. Driving the road back to hotel long way and quiet. :o

Thanks.
Yea, quite ulu, same as the hobbit. At first, plan to go there take photo, but found out it's too ulu, so skip it.

snowieee

Reaction score
Thanks.
Yea, quite ulu, same as the hobbit. At first, plan to go there take photo, but found out it's too ulu, so skip it.
Usually resort quite ulu in khao yai. I stayed at another resort. Also quiet especially on weekdays.

xtinkz

Reaction score
Can I confirm that we (Singapore driving license) do not neeed to apply for a international driving permit to drive in Thailand?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I confirm that we (Singapore driving license) do not neeed to apply for a international driving permit to drive in Thailand?

Check with the rental coy u renting from lo

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi BlackCube,

What is average price per day inclusive the insurance? Want to use it as a gauge when comparing the price..

Thank you!

Average price for what thing?

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.