StarHub VS M1

shadowforce760

Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if M1 or StarHub is better for the 500 Mbps Fibre Broadband in terms of mainly gaming and streaming videos? since both of their prices are the same at 29.90/month and is there any good reason to go for any other ISP 1Gbps? (mostly only 3 people using internet)

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if M1 or StarHub is better for the 500 Mbps Fibre Broadband in terms of mainly gaming and streaming videos? since both of their prices are the same at 29.90/month and is there any good reason to go for any other ISP 1Gbps? (mostly only 3 people using internet)

Honestly there are many things that can affect your internet like a slow wifi, antivirus software causing slowness, low end specs laptop, slow webserver and many others. Basically M1 is known to be more stable but i think both are same same.

-Grift-

Reaction score

Been playing Apex Legends with my friend who uses Starhub while I use M1 and at night he has constant issue with packetloss unstable ping etc resulting in rubberbanding and bad hit reg when we are connected even to local servers, not sure about other games although it must be noted Apex is hosted on GCE (Google Compute Engine). A good router paired with 500Mbps is more than plenty.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been playing Apex Legends with my friend who uses Starhub while I use M1 and at night he has constant issue with packetloss unstable ping etc resulting in rubberbanding and bad hit reg when we are connected even to local servers, not sure about other games although it must be noted Apex is hosted on GCE (Google Compute Engine). A good router paired with 500Mbps is more than plenty.
for gaming, generally it is better to use a lan/wired connection... whether which telco is good, i heard its dependent on whether your area.

shadowforce760

Reaction score

hmm seems like i will go for M1 then

shadowforce760

Reaction score
for gaming, generally it is better to use a lan/wired connection... whether which telco is good, i heard its dependent on whether your area.

i do have a good wired connection setup with about 800mpbs down with viewquest now but i wanna get something cheaper. im living in the north area

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i do have a good wired connection setup with about 800mpbs down with viewquest now but i wanna get something cheaper. im living in the north area

Earlier my M1 is able to get about 980 mbps for wired connection.

-Grift-

Reaction score
its your M1 stable?

Im confident to say 100% of the time on wired I can get >750mbps. 80-95% of the time >900mbps. Never really check peak hour speeds but I'm sure it's not >900mbps.

Edit:

Ran a test
8589008902.png

xDjb51E.png

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I signed up for Starhub 500 mbps when SH discontinued the free internet for the old Hubstation.

I was subsequently upgraded to 1Gbps with no additional cost. I can't exactly remember when I was upgraded but I think it was after 1.5 - 2 yr.

shadowforce760

Reaction score
I signed up for Starhub 500 mbps when SH discontinued the free internet for the old Hubstation.

I was subsequently upgraded to 1Gbps with no additional cost. I can't exactly remember when I was upgraded but I think it was after 1.5 - 2 yr.

i see. is StarHub stable? i heard there are random lags

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats actually insane

Quite common to see such result but it does not meant that every site you visit is the same speed as the speed test result. There are many things that affect your internet speed etc so such speed test is not everything. It does not respresent any thing. M1 is good for sure but we should not just base on speed test result to say it is good. After using it for sometime you will know it is good.

Last edited:

Yauming

Reaction score
i think speed all that is the same. depend on the modem and where u place the modem and stuff like that. wifi speed wont be max unless you do direct

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.