Air purifier? - Part 2

tauntme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi sis, do check the Consolidated El nino and haze thread for the latest news.
Quite important.

Yes, it's significantly more expensive, but i think still affordable for the majority of us.

See what you want. That filter you listed is quite a fair bit higher in quality though. Can get higher airflow/CADR, and has Activated carbon (srsly not that important, coz the formaldehyde CADR isn't high even for the original samsung filter, about 50 m3/hr for formaldehyde iirc)

hi Red can i check if these 2 device I have are useful for the haze?

http://www.sharphomeappliances.com/kc-a60euw/

and

http://aom.sg/products/air/air-purifiers/daikin-mc70lbfvm-air-purifier/

for air purifiers obviously it will work better in an aircon environment .. but if i open windows and off aircon will it be effective or not? or waste electricity only haha

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
I open the window now for few seconds. And this is my purifier reading. @ West side now.

agLX1Cd.jpg

When I closed, after awhile, it falls back to as follows:

nLlEEnR.jpg

hi Red can i check if these 2 device I have are useful for the haze?

http://www.sharphomeappliances.com/kc-a60euw/

and

http://aom.sg/products/air/air-purifiers/daikin-mc70lbfvm-air-purifier/

for air purifiers obviously it will work better in an aircon environment .. but if i open windows and off aircon will it be effective or not? or waste electricity only haha

Last edited:

banana10

Reaction score
I got mi air filter 2s with it’s default blue filter now.
With the haze going on, is it able to filter the haze smoke particles out?
It’s at 15% life left, and I got the enhanced green filter with the charcoal thing still in it’s box.
Is the blue filter able to handle the haze or the enhanced green one is way suitable for this condition?

Urbanchap

Reaction score
I'm using the Xiaomi air purifier. I just switched to new phone and installed MiHome and added my AP device. I can operate using my new hp but it doesn't display the PM2.5 reading. It still show PM2.5 on my old hp if i turn that on. So how to switch properly to new hp? Anyone encounter this?

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys wa I see the haze very jialat. Time to buy an air purifier.

Any value for money options to recommend??

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Can. Green one is to absorb the smell better. Both able to filter particles.

I got mi air filter 2s with it’s default blue filter now.
With the haze going on, is it able to filter the haze smoke particles out?
It’s at 15% life left, and I got the enhanced green filter with the charcoal thing still in it’s box.
Is the blue filter able to handle the haze or the enhanced green one is way suitable for this condition?

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Understand xiaomi air purifier pro is better than air purifier 2s.
Is it overkill for living rm of 4rm hdb flat?

Is the filter inside standard? As i saw green or purple frm some comments.

Anyone using it can give some review or comments?
Thanks

Last edited:

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no wonder i buy air purifier during 2015... thanks indonesia!!! :vijayadmin:

better buy air purifier now.... they are out of stock or increased their price. :s12:

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Understand xiaomi air purifier pro is better than air purifier 2s.
Is it overkill for living rm of 4rm hdb flat?

Anyone using it can give some review or comments?
Thanks

pro is for living room
2s is for bedroom

Not really overkill as they perform the same purpose in according to the air quality....... just that pro is heavier and larger in size.

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Is this better than the entry level phillips eg ac2882?

pro is for living room
2s is for bedroom

Not really overkill as they perform the same purpose in according to the air quality....... just that pro is heavier and larger in size.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Is this better than the entry level phillips eg ac2882?

u just compare the CADR & sound level...

For me,
mi purifier is popular in singapore...so getting the filter is easy and cheaper. the filter also standardized between old and new models.

u watch this....

Last edited:

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the video

u just compare the CADR & sound level...

For me,
mi purifier is popular in singapore...so getting the filter is easy and cheaper. the filter also standardized between old and new models.

u watch this....

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the acceptable readings? My 2s is showing 10 now. Shld I ramp it up further?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi air purifiers seem to be using HEPA-like filters. Are they less effective?

No, just look at the CADR will do. Even the generic ones from Taobao can filter haze and cigarette smoke, measured with laser particle counters before.
(cigarette smoke has a rather narrow range of around 0.1 to iirc 0.5, confirm not more than 1 micron, particulate matter.........so if the laser particle counter shows a drop, then it is effective for that range)

Here :
4-Figure2-1.png

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply!

Using Samsung AX40 from 2015 and Philips AC4025. Thinking of adding Mi Air Purifer 2S.

No, just look at the CADR will do. Even the generic ones from Taobao can filter haze and cigarette smoke, measured with laser particle counters before.
(cigarette smoke has a rather narrow range of around 0.1 to iirc 0.5, confirm not more than 1 micron, particulate matter.........so if the laser particle counter shows a drop, then it is effective for that range)

Here :
4-Figure2-1.png

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the acceptable readings? My 2s is showing 10 now. Shld I ramp it up further?

No need to worry too much abt the absolute figures. As long as there is decent airflow coming from the top, for typical HDB BTO bedrooms, that's sufficient. The room should not be totally airtight (eg the door gap shd have a wee bit of ventilation going on, you definitely will feel it if there is AC cold air), nor shd there be a lot of ventilation going on (eg too much cold air blasting out from the door gap). You'd need to manage the cross-ventilation aspect by closing the windows or leaving a 5-15mm gap depending on the wind speed experienced at your home.

Cannot be "air-tight" one, CO2 build up will be even more jialuck than haze, you will kena headaches in the morning.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.