Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please get rid of Matic he is fecking rubbish wtf we sigh him for he offer nothing at all to the team

Ottoke

Reaction score
NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

20 September 2019, Friday

UEFA Europa League 2019/20
3am - Manchester United vs Astana
beIN Sports MAX (Singtel TV Channel 110, StarHub TV Channel 214)

xiaogin

Master Member
Reaction score
If don't like how the team is playing, support another team lor. What's the point of putting down the team? Win also cannot, lose also cannot.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speaking to BBC Sport, Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: "We hung in there. It was the first time this season where we have had to defend for large periods. We have dominated the other games but today we saw a team that could defend in their own half.

"They are a good side who want to get into the top four. To keep a clean sheet is great but let's not get too excited because we know we can play better. We defended as a proper team."

On Harry Maguire's performance: "When you play against strikers like Jamie Vardy, you have to concentrate because if you mistime your run, he is in behind you and I thought Harry did well."

On his substitutes: "We have a big squad and it is just about getting them ready for when they are needed. They were needed when we were struggling and they did well."

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speaking to BBC Sport, Man Utd defender Harry Maguire said: "It was tough playing against Jamie [Vardy]. I've played with him for two years and he is a top player who can terrorise defences when he is on his game.

"We knew it was important to get the win, especially after the international break. We have to build on a solid base and we want to keep clean sheets, especially at Old Trafford. We are always going to score goals with the attacking talent we have.

"We could have kept the ball better but we defended well. The boys who came in looked sharp and fit and a big well done to them. We have games coming thick and fast and I'm sure the manager will utilise the squad, so be patient and take you chance when you get it."

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mcsauce was a 1 man midfield today. MOTM by a mile.

100% tackles won
31/38 passes completed (most for united)
4/6 take ons (most for united)
7 ball recoveries
2 interceptions

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After taking Matic and Mata off, ManUtd looked a different team and offered more threat

Fred and Chong pressed Leicester and forced them on the back foot

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woeful performance. ScottM had a poor game by his own standards, while JuanM's was largely forgettable. Leicester made passes through our midfield like a hot knife through butter while we struggled to connect passes. We are becoming a one-tactic team - pass to DanielJ and hope he runs and creates havoc and make space for some other player. So many asked for ChrisS to be disposed of after being dead sure VictorL and HarryM will form the next defensive great wall. After 5 games, I hope you like what you are seeing, along with the possible replacements on standby.
DavidDG made a couple of great saves, but didn't have much stress thereafter as we resorted to wild clearances and putting the ball out for corners and throw-ins like a lesser team would against United of the past.
And let's just say I'd rather see this midfield than some hardworking high presser or a star midfielder who does cross-pitch long passes once in a while.
I was laughing at all the instances in which we stand off their players with the ball, while they effortlessly triple-up on our players whenever we get the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.