Release dates for AIB RX5700 gfx cards (non reference)

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
2 year warranty only ah.. for some reason i got a feeling this product like cant last.

moonSymph

Reaction score
ya lo.. haha just vain.. tbh my pulse is pretty good was able to hit 935mhz on mem no sweet bench stable without any artifact.. so far no interested buyer yet so I'll probably stick with pulse..

No point man. You sell at a loss and buy at a premium for something that basically gives you the same performance.

moonSymph

Reaction score
BTW guys who got Navi.. 19.9.2 works amazingly for me.. how about u guys? but anti lag/enhanced sync thingy still have to disable as I tried it and it's still not stable.. I get some black flickering on Division 2 with those 2option on.. also if u guys has been undervolting but realise some game appear to have sluttering issue try to up ur gpu vcore by abit.. I have this situation where my undervolt was stable but I always get clock dropping very low then coming back up on wwz Japan map.. after raising my gpu vcore the problem is solve..

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW guys who got Navi.. 19.9.2 works amazingly for me.. how about u guys? but anti lag/enhanced sync thingy still have to disable as I tried it and it's still not stable.. I get some black flickering on Division 2 with those 2option on.. also if u guys has been undervolting but realise some game appear to have sluttering issue try to up ur gpu vcore by abit.. I have this situation where my undervolt was stable but I always get clock dropping very low then coming back up on wwz Japan map.. after raising my gpu vcore the problem is solve..

Yes just tried this optional driver yesterday and no more lag and blue screen til now. I do see the max gpu clock seem to tune down a bit. Not sure if anyone notice

moonSymph

Reaction score
I don't have any issue.. still can hit 2100ish on load but not for all game.. max I've seen on peak is 2180.. oh ya I did not enable power table regedit which raise limit to 2300 so on my wattman max is 2150... but worth noting that I'm using +50% power limit..

Yes just tried this optional driver yesterday and no more lag and blue screen til now. I do see the max gpu clock seem to tune down a bit. Not sure if anyone notice

Last edited:

taytehni

Reaction score
Is a single 8pin to 2*(6+2) pin connector sufficient to power the 5700XT? Im using a EVGA G3 750W PSU and I was hoping to keep things simple by powering with just a single power connector daisy chained at the GPU end rather than having to use 2, 8 pin to 6+2 cables.

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is a single 8pin to 2*(6+2) pin connector sufficient to power the 5700XT? Im using a EVGA G3 750W PSU and I was hoping to keep things simple by powering with just a single power connector daisy chained at the GPU end rather than having to use 2, 8 pin to 6+2 cables.

I am using one single to 2 8 pin. No issue so far. In term of electric power side. Ti me it does not matter 1 or 2 seperate cable. It how the psu supply the power. By the way i am using evga g3 650

taytehni

Reaction score
I am using one single to 2 8 pin. No issue so far. In term of electric power side. Ti me it does not matter 1 or 2 seperate cable. It how the psu supply the power. By the way i am using evga g3 650

thats good to hear, in that case dont have to go through the trouble of swapping the cables. thanks!

moonSymph

Reaction score
theory wise on idle OK.. but a single 8pin can't supply enough watt for your 5700xt on load.. it will draw more power from your system board.. not advisable imo..

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
theory wise on idle OK.. but a single 8pin can't supply enough watt for your 5700xt on load.. it will draw more power from your system board.. not advisable imo..

Generally, if the PSU manufacturer is confident of putting 2x8 pin PCI-E power on a single cable, it should work well. Max power draw is 300W, so most should handle well enough.

moonSymph

Reaction score
But single cable limit for 8pin is 150W.. in his case the limit is the cable.. since his psu only have a single 12v rail.. if using stock cable form reputable psu maker maybe it will work though if oc and high load involve there may be stability issue..

Generally, if the PSU manufacturer is confident of putting 2x8 pin PCI-E power on a single cable, it should work well. Max power draw is 300W, so most should handle well enough.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My PC Vega 64 Red Devil is hooked up to my PSU with the supplied PCIe cable with 2x 6+2 pin connectors (Corsair HX1000 Platinum) to the card, no problem gaming, no stutter, freezing or anything. It did occur to me to use another PCIe cable, but so far having no issue using just that one PCIe cable.

Edit - I dunno how accurate MSI AB is, but playing UT3, it shows GPU only power draw to peak at 262W, but is easily around 250W+ constantly. This is from that one single PCIe rail to 2x 6+2pin plugs.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.