View Single Post
Old 15-09-2019, 03:40 AM   #6703
Hypernova
Arch-Supremacy Member

Woeful performance. ScottM had a poor game by his own standards, while JuanM's was largely forgettable. Leicester made passes through our midfield like a hot knife through butter while we struggled to connect passes. We are becoming a one-tactic team - pass to DanielJ and hope he runs and creates havoc and make space for some other player. So many asked for ChrisS to be disposed of after being dead sure VictorL and HarryM will form the next defensive great wall. After 5 games, I hope you like what you are seeing, along with the possible replacements on standby.
DavidDG made a couple of great saves, but didn't have much stress thereafter as we resorted to wild clearances and putting the ball out for corners and throw-ins like a lesser team would against United of the past.
And let's just say I'd rather see this midfield than some hardworking high presser or a star midfielder who does cross-pitch long passes once in a while.
I was laughing at all the instances in which we stand off their players with the ball, while they effortlessly triple-up on our players whenever we get the ball.
Are we watching the same match? We were lucky but we were certainly not woeful. Leicester was organised and packed their half waiting for counterattacks. We did make runs and such but hard to make things click.

And McT certainly wasn't poor at all.he tried making runs into the final third at times, he made interceptions and he helped out in defence.he's not a complete box to box midfielder but i think he isn't far off. Hes the nearest to becoming a midfield general for us if he develops properly.the rest of our midfielders i don't see them able to play reasonably well on both ends of the pitch.we really need someone who can boss the midfield so our defence can link up with the attack.