Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Reaction score
The law is real. I myself is a wp holder. But i have ghost on LS two months now so far after blocking and ignoring calls... Everything seems quiet now....

Remember WP holders... If ur pass is revoked... U can never work in sg again... So make the right choice.

As a wp holder, my advise is get ur HR informed about this... Dont pay up. Dont answer any calls or txt from unknown numbers... Change number if u have to...
Try channeling your focus to ur house or parents house in ur home country. Esp if its in malaysia... Get a cctv installed there for protection.... In singapore nothing much can be done to you if u are staying here... If they want to really harrass... They might do it in ur home outside of sg if the have connections ( some do ).

I had my house at malaysia monitored by cctv... 2 big dogs :s13: and a car blanket to cover up the car every night just incase.

Paying will only extend your problem. Ghost on them.

As a workpass holder, your situation is more complicated.Are you aware in Singapore if a workpass holder borrow from UML, your workpass will be revoked if the law knows about it?

To any workpass holder reading this thread please be aware of this local law.

Bebe2019

Reaction score
very true..get approval to install CCTV FAST !!! Capture their handsome or beautiful faces and pass to polis.
Standby portable fire extinguisher at home if necessary.
Lastly, stay viligant and carry on your life.

Bought my mini fire extinguisher fm mustafa @ $7.50.just incase

Neverlearn86

Reaction score
Paying will only extend your problem. Ghost on them.

As a workpass holder, your situation is more complicated.Are you aware in Singapore if a workpass holder borrow from UML, your workpass will be revoked if the law knows about it?

To any workpass holder reading this thread please be aware of this local law.
Thanks for the advise ..i have a question. Can i still report police abt their harassement and threatening ? Police will give me problems? Cos i am a work pass holder ..

Last edited:

andylau78

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise ..i have a question. Can i still report police abt their harassement and threatening ? Police will give me problems? Cos i am a work pass holder ..

Why police give you problem ? LS is the one give you problem. I observed that some people never urge people make police report as first step. Only LS will worry that police give them problem for catching their runner and reducing their manpower. How you know the guy that you are asking is not LS ? Faster go and make police report. Don't trust anyone here. Only can trust the police.

Neverlearn86

Reaction score
Why police give you problem ? LS is the one give you problem. I observed that some people never urge people make police report as first step. Only LS will worry that police give them problem for catching their runner and reducing their manpower. How you know the guy that you are asking is not LS ? Faster go and make police report. Don't trust anyone here. Only can trust the police.
Thanks you for advise...
My worry is that if work pass holder borrow from LS , work pass will be revoked and not allow future employment is Sg.
I worry police might take action on me as well.

Siaosiao12345

Reaction score
Thanks you for advise...
My worry is that if work pass holder borrow from LS , work pass will be revoked and not allow future employment is Sg.
I worry police might take action on me as well.

Not an offense to borrow from loanshark, and if it’s a genuine mistake I think it’s ok. Quickly report to the police, with more ppl reporting them they can do more things such as freezing their accounts etc.

I did not block them but just ignore them and report as spam. See how things go.

Nothing much the police can do, they can only increase the patrolling etc and they might ask u to get approval to install cctv.

MrHelper93

Reaction score
Same here too. I started with 800cash back defer 250 and clear 1000 from one lender. I keep defer for a few weeks and when i want to clear the loan. The guy say he got no acc for 1k payment . Ask me defer again.
A week later i have not enough money to pay 250 and the guy charge me double .
Same day another ULM offer me loan and i stupidly took it to repay the existing loan. Helllife began . Now i have 6lenders and loan amt 8.5 k which is out of hand.
No idea what to do. Shall i get my parents hlep clear all and turn a new life ?
Any advice ?
I am work pass holder here.

Bro I just encounter the same problem as you 1 month ago. Don’t have to pay them anymore this are all scam loan. Let your family know about this and your workplace. Tell them you have already paid and you are scammed. They will be angry. But I can assure you your family will stand with you and help you to fight against them. But you have to prepare for all the threatening and all the unknown calls to your family members. You all need to be strong. I stop answering their calls and ignore. Now I only received 1 call per week. Hopefully all this can stop too.

MrHelper93

Reaction score
My dear i am in Yr situation too. I paid and paid but its never enough. They come up with many terms of their own. Since they know I am a weak victim they pass my no around to others ULM which i know its from the same group. I was on the verge of suicidal. Tho I lost a few thousands to them even after not owning them anything I still feel grateful I found this forum. From this forum too
I found few angels here that patiently guiding and supportive towards my issues even when they themselves facing problems of their own.

Please close all Yr social media immediately as for me i was a little too late and they managed to get pics and used them against me.

Change Yr contact no. Otherwise install the call blocker apps. Tell Yr noks if possible to change their no otherwise if that is not possible just install the call blocker apps and if they find it a hassle due to their reasons tell them to ignore those unknown numbers and do not open/listen to their WhatsApp/sms messages.

Get approval from yr Town Council and install CCTV. It will take within 5 days to 2 weeks for approval. 1 minute already seems eternity so a few of us install cctv even b4 the approval but do be careful coz if they find out u will be fined. Once Yr cctv is up, Yr eyes will be glued to Yr viewing app. The moment u c unfamiliar faces lurking around, call 999. Do inform Yr neighbours about the cctv and d harrasment u going tru and just tell them if they c any unfamiliar faces not to approach but call 999

It seems they have stir up Yr work place, same like mine.

Do not reveal too much detail here as u never know who is reading your post.

As for my case, my IO came to my hse to check for any updates and gave me her handphone no incase I need immediate help.

STOP paying them anymore. If your account no is being reported u will be implicate assisting with money laundering or worse assisting UML. U can do parallel change of new account no online for POSB/DBS and close Yr old account no.

Stay strong, eat as u need energy to go tru, spend some time with your family for dinner or just relax by the beach but never bow down to them. By ghosting them u have do yourself a favour.

I don't open my doors and windows as I fear for the safety of my cats. Try to lay low.

We won't know how long the harrasment gonna last but live goes on. Just stay vigilant

Please stay stronger and take care.

Hey bro I need help. I keep paying them and one day I decided to stop and they started harassing me and now my account got freeze for suspected money laundering ):

Neverlearn86

Reaction score
Bro I just encounter the same problem as you 1 month ago. Don’t have to pay them anymore this are all scam loan. Let your family know about this and your workplace. Tell them you have already paid and you are scammed. They will be angry. But I can assure you your family will stand with you and help you to fight against them. But you have to prepare for all the threatening and all the unknown calls to your family members. You all need to be strong. I stop answering their calls and ignore. Now I only received 1 call per week. Hopefully all this can stop too.

Thanks ...did they call your workplace ? Did they do anything ?

MrHelper93

Reaction score
Thanks ...did they call your workplace ? Did they do anything ?

Bro they just keep calling my office that day. So what happened is I already told my colleagues and everyone working there I got scammed and each time they called, they just say I’m no longer working there. It takes a lot of courage to overcome this. But well we are all man. If we did something wrong we need to face the music. It’s a big lesson learnt from me. You have to be strong bro. It’s not the end of the life. Tough time don’t last tough man do. Always remember this

Reaction score
Thank you for the advise.

My workplace already knew abt this as they called uo my HR and say if i nvr return their call, they will come harass the children in the school.

Thats when my principal found out and i come clear with her that im being scammed.

And now, she is indirectly telling me to oay up. Coz if i pay up, this wont happen. She said i also make the whole school involve in this.

Really disappointed in myself.

DO NOT PAY! Take time to explain to her it is a scammer. File police report, you can do online. Pick yourself up, you can beat these scammers like so many here have done it too!

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests

Stupid person

Reaction score
Why never make any police report ?
Don't take matter on your own hands.
Follow the police instructions.
CCTV need approval, is not just installed like that.

Yes andylau is absolutely correct. make a police report straight away. I was writing on the assumption that the affected person already has done so.

CCTV installation also needs approval. Though i installed before the approval came...lol

Siaosiao12345

Reaction score
Bro they just keep calling my office that day. So what happened is I already told my colleagues and everyone working there I got scammed and each time they called, they just say I’m no longer working there. It takes a lot of courage to overcome this. But well we are all man. If we did something wrong we need to face the music. It’s a big lesson learnt from me. You have to be strong bro. It’s not the end of the life. Tough time don’t last tough man do. Always remember this

Anyone have ls that visit your office or shame you with your photos

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.