Genting FAQ - Part 3

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Today haze condition in kl is worse than yesterday~ good thing it covered the sun but it's still equally hot~ :s22:

IMG-20190912-142442-1.jpg

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
booked 2 nights oct to uphill relax

work sibei stress this few mth

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received this SMS

Kindly be informed that Maxims Gold Club (Lower) will be closed w.e.f. 17/9

In addition, SkySilver Club will be reopened as SkyGold Club on the same date.

So this explains why the old Silver Club (fka Internation room) was changed to Gold. So wondering if they are planning to renovate the lower level. So maybe after renovation, they will convert back the Upper level back to Silver? But probably not likely if they are willing to kill off the entire SkySilver Club totally.

Let's see if they really push through the plan this time. :s8:

mobile2009

Reaction score
Genting is too far to quench my urge , so go RWS sentosa instead.

Make a small profit within 1.5hrs at pontoon table and left. The dealer was very surprised that i was stopping the game even though the cards seems to be good. Not to push my luck too much.

Anyway, just getting even for the previous trips.

Crossdresser

Reaction score
how u guys go to genting?

i want to avoid taking coach bus already because i encountered cockroaches beside me at least 3 times.. cannot take it

i was thinking take aeroplane to KL. then spend 1 night in KL
can sleep in 5-star hotel
KL is one of the most affordable cities to stay in 5 star hotel

then next day take grab to awana skyway then take cable car go up.

Last edited:

Cpitalfarmer

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan

i want to avoid taking coach bus already because i encountered cockroaches beside me at least 3 times.. cannot take it

datolim

Reaction score

KLIA is 100 Km from KL.
Not really any good way to KL.

Grab from central KL is plentiful and cheap. Why not take Grab to GH hotels instead of cable car.
Plenty of Grab from KLIA also.

michael2000

Reaction score
I heard from my uncle that if you hold your breath from below the hill and only breathe when you reach the top, your gambling luck will be superb

Your uncle must be a millionaire now.
What he said is 101% true, very true.
Taking his advice when you reach the hill top you will be dead!

mobile2009

Reaction score
Somehow I also believe in gambling luck.

Sometimes on table, you will encountered people like this. They always win no matter what. Get lousy cards, but somehow chng kay busted. Make the wrong hit, but ended up getting perfect point. Anyhow split, still win. Very 邪门 one.

I dont play with people like this on the same table. I will peggy back on his bet.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The perception of 'luck' is just but a statistical anomaly.

I think those of us who played table who testified what you term '邪门'.

But then again, it is human nature also to magnify and remember the gain. When it comes to losses, you forget or minimisie it. ;)

Personally, it looks to be more common to have a string of 'bad luck' happening to those who are playing (either yourself or other people).

eg. you hit 19/20 at pontoon, dealer hit 21. You get 3 of a kind at 3-card poker, dealer hit straight flush (true story happens to me)

But those are merely the HA at play and probably a more occurrence.

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
May i check, say if my coach stopping at Yongpeng, should i get the malaysia prepaid cards there or just wait till i reach genting then make my purchase?

And also, which prepaid cards is the most bang for buck now for 3 days usage and mild gaming (gacha games)

mobile2009

Reaction score
What you mentioned i had been through quite a nunber of times. I don't call these '邪门'. This is actually quite normal to me. Example, Like the entire table all getting 20 and then the chng kay hitting pontoon.

If you observed frequently and carefully, once in a while, you will see some players, no matter how ridiculous they drawn their cards, they win. Either the chng kay busted or they managed to get slightly better points. And this runs for a period of time.

I dont know this is just statistically anomaly or some supernatural thingy. I just classified this as 'xie men'.

And like i said before, i will not play on same table. I dont want to be part of his winning statistic. haha.

The perception of 'luck' is just but a statistical anomaly.

I think those of us who played table who testified what you term '邪门'.

But then again, it is human nature also to magnify and remember the gain. When it comes to losses, you forget or minimisie it. ;)

Personally, it looks to be more common to have a string of 'bad luck' happening to those who are playing (either yourself or other people).

eg. you hit 19/20 at pontoon, dealer hit 21. You get 3 of a kind at 3-card poker, dealer hit straight flush (true story happens to me)

But those are merely the HA at play and probably a more occurrence.

Last edited:

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
May i check, say if my coach stopping at Yongpeng, should i get the malaysia prepaid cards there or just wait till i reach genting then make my purchase?

And also, which prepaid cards is the most bang for buck now for 3 days usage and mild gaming (gacha games)

1) Use data roam. So that once you pass customs can surf shiok shiok
2) Yong Peng can buy
3) Genting the shopping side got Digi IIRC

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Buy at yong peng Digi RM8 prepaid card, download the Digi apps to see got any freebies. Need to show passport, I always buy at yong peng.

zaviour

Reaction score
KLIA is 100 Km from KL.
Not really any good way to KL.

Grab from central KL is plentiful and cheap. Why not take Grab to GH hotels instead of cable car.
Plenty of Grab from KLIA also.

How much is it roughly for the grab from central KL? And how much if from KLIA?

Just want to know roughly so can use it as reference next time..

Thanks!:)

beast78

Master Member
Reaction score
What you mentioned i had been through quite a nunber of times. I don't call these '邪门'. This is actually quite normal to me. Example, Like the entire table all getting 20 and then the chng kay hitting pontoon.

If you observed frequently and carefully, once in a while, you will see some players, no matter how ridiculous they drawn their cards, they win. Either the chng kay busted or they managed to get slightly better points. And this runs for a period of time.

I dont know this is just statistically anomaly or some supernatural thingy. I just classified this as 'xie men'.

And like i said before, i will not play on same table. I dont want to be part of his winning statistic. haha.

Your statements in bold contradict each other leh.

Anyway I have encountered these before, and the strange thing is after I follow their bet, they stop winning liao. Want to be part of the winning statistic also cannot.

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much is it roughly for the grab from central KL? And how much if from KLIA?

Just want to know roughly so can use it as reference next time..

Thanks!:)

i tried both not too long ago.
from klia grab premium was 280rm another time 140rm normal saloon. as for kl central, once i took a cab at 100rm after nego and book direct at taxi counter at 110rm.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.