Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note 9 sept patch just released as it has support for TPG voLTE and camera improvements!
Too bad Singapore will only receive this update 3 months later or more!

Hard to say, local Note10/10+ already received Sep 1 security update today.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note 9 sept patch just released as it has support for TPG voLTE and camera improvements!
Too bad Singapore will only receive this update 3 months later or more!

hahah bro got patch notes meh? couldnt find any during update.
600mb patch i was thinking cant only be camera improvements and security patch.

donetus

Reaction score
i'm curious .. for Odin users, do we lose the automatic function once a new firmware has been released?

I'm using the PH firmware (since SG firmware is taking forever) and even though Sammobile shows that there's already an update, my phone doesn't detect the firmware.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm curious .. for Odin users, do we lose the automatic function once a new firmware has been released?

I'm using the PH firmware (since SG firmware is taking forever) and even though Sammobile shows that there's already an update, my phone doesn't detect the firmware.

Yeah cause you connected to sg network.
If you VPN to PH will be able to auto update if I'm not wrong.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

Depends. If you change your CSC to the PH one you will receive PH updates as Long as your firewire matches exactly to PH latest ones.

If your CSC is retained for SG but you use PH firewire. You will never get any OTA since it is mismatched.

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to try out note 10, apparently their notes app is somewhat the new version.

Will it ever come to note 9?

The new version has quite a good writing recognition

gws898

Reaction score
1 Sep security patch solved my telephoto lens buzzing problem and now the navigation gestures has vibrations.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

donetus

Reaction score
i'm tempted to. The estimate that the Samsung staff says is that it can go up to $500 .. still have to shell out a $1000+ just to get the 10+ ..

i'll stick with the Note 9 since I have the 512GB and an external card of 512GB ..

Anyone here traded your Note 9 for the Samsung trade-up programme?

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
Depends. If you change your CSC to the PH one you will receive PH updates as Long as your firewire matches exactly to PH latest ones.

If your CSC is retained for SG but you use PH firewire. You will never get any OTA since it is mismatched.
Ask you something about the battery charging or the "Protect Battery" function which someone mention in another forum, where Samsung phones since s8 are programmed to charge to max about 85% (to protect the battery) but battery will show 100%. Is this true for the Note 9 and 10 also?

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Ask you something about the battery charging or the "Protect Battery" function which someone mention in another forum, where Samsung phones since s8 are programmed to charge to max about 85% (to protect the battery) but battery will show 100%. Is this true for the Note 9 and 10 also?

Not to 85% around 95%
Almost every battery and almost every OEM does this. That 100% has always been a lie.

That why sometimes you see your battery drop so quickly at 95-100% then suddenly slow down.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2010/...bump-charging-and-inconsistent-battery-drain/

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
Not to 85% around 95%
Almost every battery and almost every OEM does this. That 100% has always been a lie.

That why sometimes you see your battery drop so quickly at 95-100% then suddenly slow down.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2010/...bump-charging-and-inconsistent-battery-drain/
Not about battery suddenly dropping from 100%.

But someone in the R forum said the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (2019) got this option "Protect Battery" which can be turned on so that the Tab can be charged to 85% max but battery will show 100%, so as to protect the battery (got screenshot of this option in that forum). Then another person said that this option is built into phones since s8 and cannot be turned off, so don't need to charge phone to 80% to protect battery, since the "100%" is actually 85%.

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT

Last edited:

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Not about battery suddenly dropping from 100%.

But someone in the R forum said the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (2019) got this option "Protect Battery" which can be turned on so that the Tab can be charged to 85% max but battery will show 100%, so as to protect the battery (got screenshot of this option in that forum). Then another person said that this option is built into phones since s8 and cannot be turned off, so don't need to charge phone to 80% to protect battery, since the "100%" is actually 85%.

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT

As stated in my first paragraph.

Not to 85% around 95%

Yes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.