The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Reaction score
My Varilux Physio 3 progressive is super discomfort. Desk bound is merely acceptable but outdoor is terrible especially night vision is blurry.
What other options could I get for good outdoor and night vision with progressive lenses?

Hi bro,

I suggest doing a full check on your eyes to determine the cause of issues you're facing, then decide on the lens to best suit your eyes.

Free Progressive lens troubleshooting

leongheng70

Reaction score
Hi Bro, my degree is ard 400-500, normally i take 1.60, so what the quote like, and how is mvision compare to Hoya summit FD?

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm just got a new frame, need get lens now
thinking of heading back to kwong shin for my usual zeiss + transition + blue light + duravision platinum

any better/cheaper alternative?
my current 1 is 4yrs old and alot of scratches...buay tahan liao :s13:

Reaction score
Hi Bro, my degree is ard 400-500, normally i take 1.60, so what the quote like, and how is mvision compare to Hoya summit FD?

Hi bro,

4k Varios Premium design is equivalent to Hoya ID. PMed you the quote for 4k Varios Premium 1.60 Transition Nano Blue:s12:

Last edited:
Reaction score
hmmm just got a new frame, need get lens now
thinking of heading back to kwong shin for my usual zeiss + transition + blue light + duravision platinum

any better/cheaper alternative?
my current 1 is 4yrs old and alot of scratches...buay tahan liao :s13:

Hi bro,

ZEISS DuraVision BlueProtect is a Blue reflect lens. These blocks up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm)

If you want lenses with more protection, ask for Asahi Lite UV3G SunFilter.
These lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)

disclaimer: straight lines are drawn to make it easier for me to draw :X Actual lines are not as straight as what is illustrated:s13:

Asahi Lite UV3G SunFilter turns dark under the sun, absorbs 94% HEV(Blue) light, has super hydrophobic coat. Kwong Shin should have these lenses too. Ask them for this while you're there. :)

supernova

Reaction score
Can anyone advise?

My specs come with clip ons. I want to change the colour of the clip on lens from black to brown gradient. Don’t need degree (since my specs already covers that).

Any recommendations? I’m hoping to get flat as opposed to curved lenses. Thanks.

mrdnarb

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to get a pair of Lindberg frames after getting my eyes checked recently and realised I definitely need new glasses. Tried some on and got poisoned (especially coming from Oliver People's frames). Any place that you guys recommend to get it from? The place I went to was Videre, they were not willing to discount the frames, so its literally RRP. Their service was good though. Looking for a better deal.

Also, both my eyes are 650 degrees-ish each side, with astig. Does Lindberg frames allow the highest index lens to be used? I read online that it might be too fragile if 1.74 index lens is used.

Let me know your thoughts and would really be grateful for your recommendation on where to get a pair.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to get a pair of Lindberg frames after getting my eyes checked recently and realised I definitely need new glasses. Tried some on and got poisoned (especially coming from Oliver People's frames). Any place that you guys recommend to get it from? The place I went to was Videre, they were not willing to discount the frames, so its literally RRP. Their service was good though. Looking for a better deal.

Also, both my eyes are 650 degrees-ish each side, with astig. Does Lindberg frames allow the highest index lens to be used? I read online that it might be too fragile if 1.74 index lens is used.

Let me know your thoughts and would really be grateful for your recommendation on where to get a pair.

Depending on which Series of lindberg you are getting. N.O.W, Strip titanium, MOF, Spirit might not be suitable for 1.74. If you are getting Acetanium/Buffalo Horn/Rim is still fine for 1.74.
Give Jamco A try, they have the widest collection of lindbergs and have really good prices on frame and lenses.

Cheers!

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone used ray ban lens?
Was quote $260 for it siaz

The lens itself will engrave “ray ban “ on it

tpmmark

Reaction score
Anyone used ray ban lens?
Was quote $260 for it siaz

The lens itself will engrave “ray ban “ on it
I almost went for it few months back, Sales staff also told me it won’t be smudged easily . But didn’t get due to the high cost eventually. Not sure if it’s really that good. Anyone can share experience?

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I almost went for it few months back, Sales staff also told me it won’t be smudged easily . But didn’t get due to the high cost eventually. Not sure if it’s really that good. Anyone can share experience?

I didn’t get coz the cso say they don’t have transition lens.
So my mind thinking just that maybe RB just started this product

tehbing540

Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA, mind Pm me your shop location? Would like to check out your shop and my location is at west. I don't mind travelling.

My recent activity has been working a lot on programming. This has caused my eyes to have strain, and feeling groggy at the end of the day after I finished work.

tehbing540

Reaction score
Depending on which Series of lindberg you are getting. N.O.W, Strip titanium, MOF, Spirit might not be suitable for 1.74. If you are getting Acetanium/Buffalo Horn/Rim is still fine for 1.74.
Give Jamco A try, they have the widest collection of lindbergs and have really good prices on frame and lenses.

Cheers!
My apologies, didnt tagged you in the post.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi no problem! Unfortunately I won’t be sharing my workplace location for personal reasons but I can recommend you some places which will be able to help!

You can drop by jamco at Katong shopping center. Really experienced optometrists and opticians and they have a wide selection of frames. Lindberg too if you need help on those.

They will be able to solve your spectacle/eye issues. Otherwise let me know if there’s a certain area you prefer and I can try to recommend you a place nearby!

Hi GANGSTERKIA, mind Pm me your shop location? Would like to check out your shop and my location is at west. I don't mind travelling.

My recent activity has been working a lot on programming. This has caused my eyes to have strain, and feeling groggy at the end of the day after I finished work.

tehbing540

Reaction score
Hi no problem! Unfortunately I won’t be sharing my workplace location for personal reasons but I can recommend you some places which will be able to help!

You can drop by jamco at Katong shopping center. Really experienced optometrists and opticians and they have a wide selection of frames. Lindberg too if you need help on those.

They will be able to solve your spectacle/eye issues. Otherwise let me know if there’s a certain area you prefer and I can try to recommend you a place nearby!

Oh. Im hoping there will be a wide variety of brands that are cool and trendy. Most importantly kind of solve my eye fatigue issues, so that i could work comfortably.
My budget is about 400-500. I reside at west side. Anyone who can throw me tips. Im open to listen. Cheers!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
There are over there! Good luck in finding them! Or also you can look towards Mr eyewear at West Mall.

Oh. Im hoping there will be a wide variety of brands that are cool and trendy. Most importantly kind of solve my eye fatigue issues, so that i could work comfortably.
My budget is about 400-500. I reside at west side. Anyone who can throw me tips. Im open to listen. Cheers!

Reaction score

There's couple of reasons why there's an eye fatigue. Could be degree/eye muscles/current glasses not fitted properly. Best to get an experience Optometrist/Optician to check it out.

Tip: Some Lens companies are really good at marketing but their actual products fail to live up to expectation. 🤭

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.