[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a handful of issues from what I see in the 2k forum and reddit but the part that made me hold the purchase until today is because of the freezing and crashing during split screen coop. This is the part that made me hold the purchase.

like this then i shall wait till they release game of year edition where they fix all the bugs.

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like this then i shall wait till they release game of year edition where they fix all the bugs.

Once they fix the major issues such as split screen, some weapons cannot be reloaded, etc, i'll buy the game. I am still on COD WW2 and BL2 for split screen...

One more thing. 2k games have a tendency of dropping price very badly.... Look at the past games and also see what they did with Battleborn.... tragic.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have completed Dragon Quest XI, and really love this game due to it's pure JRPG. Any other similar games to intro ? :s12:

i guess Persona, I am Setsuna or any of the remastered Final Fantasy games that u did not manage to play and also that monster collecting FF series.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
There is really nothing like DQ11. The "Tales of" series, "Persona" series, "Legend of Heroes" series are good/great rpgs but they have a different feel to it. Dragon Quest kinda... makes you happy playing it? (even though it has sad parts). It has a lighter tone, even though the world's fate depends on you. I would say perhaps the Atelier series is a bit like that (but not as funny).

My suggestions would be:

- World of Final Fantasy. This would be the closest to DQ11, very fun, turn-based strategy combat, lots of 'Pokemon' collecting, cute chibi chars.

- Ni No Kuni. PS4 remastered version coming tomorrow. Personally I don't like the combat much though, but the Studio Ghibli art style and Pokemon familiars are very nice. (Don't get Ni No Kuni 2 though, that one not good.)

- Atelier Ryza. Also coming very soon (Chinese ver next week, English Oct 29). Latest entry in the series, looks to be the most friendly (no time limit, easier crafting etc). I posted a trailer a couple of pages back, check that and wait for reviews.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Completed borderlands 3. now level 41. Now on mayhem III. Once level 50 and got enough good gears then start true vault hunter mode.
You completed everything or still have some side missions, or post-game bosses?

I guess the game scales based on number of players, but do you think it can be completed solo? The past games tend to have some post-campaign bosses (like the stupid big worm in BL2 and basically every DLC boss) that cannot solo. Even with a team you probably need a good roll of certain ultimate weapons, which of cos they will soon nerf. Any sign of that here?

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually borderlands games all pretty much the same gameplay. if you like previous titles then you will also like borderlands 3.

Thanks man, guess I'll like it too but got to wait till the split screen issue got fixed. That's the main mode I'm in usually.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
actually borderlands games all pretty much the same gameplay. if you like previous titles then you will also like borderlands 3.
I love the first game and its DLCs. Second game still like it but didn't finish the DLCs (hate those impossible raid bosses). Then the pre-sequel I got bored, didn't even finish campaign :(. Don't know why, cos its basically still the same, perhaps getting tired of the formula. Not sure how BL3 will be for me, so I'm waiting for sale on this one (and wait for DLCs to see if they sneak in some microtransactions or such).

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I love the first game and its DLCs. Second game still like it but didn't finish the DLCs (hate those impossible raid bosses). Then the pre-sequel I got bored, didn't even finish campaign :(. Don't know why, cos its basically still the same, perhaps getting tired of the formula. Not sure how BL3 will be for me, so I'm waiting for sale on this one (and wait for DLCs to see if they sneak in some microtransactions or such).

i finished solo and played pre-sequel as well borderlands 1, 2. every borderlands games are the same gameplay. can be boring for some.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
i finished solo and played pre-sequel as well borderlands 1, 2. every borderlands games are the same gameplay. can be boring for some.
So the whole BL3 can solo? Or there are still post-story campaign bosses that can only be beaten by a team of players each equipped with super powerful gear? And you get said super powerful gear by farming said post-story campaign bosses that can only be beaten by a team of players who... :s22:

Do you see yourself continuing to play BL3 now that you have finished it?

Ya, every BL game are the same gameplay, at least the UI improved from 1 to 2.

Last edited:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the whole BL3 can solo? Or there are still post-story campaign bosses that can only be beaten by a team of players each equipped with super powerful gear? And you get said super powerful gear by farming said post-story campaign bosses that can only be beaten by a team of players who... :s22:

Do you see yourself continuing to play BL3 now that you have finished it?

Ya, every BL game are the same gameplay, at least the UI improved from 1 to 2.

haven't buy bl3. waiting for them to fix the bugs. will get it after i finish ghost recon breakpoint.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
haven't buy bl3. waiting for them to fix the bugs. will get it after i finish ghost recon breakpoint.
Oh, sorry, I misread, thot you meant you solo finished BL3 and did the same for the rest too.:s13:. Wait, Breakpoint coming so soon ah. Oh ya, Oct 4. Don't know why I keep thinking it is 2020 game :s22:. Haven't even decided on Shadowkeep yet. Probably all wait for sale =:p.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You completed everything or still have some side missions, or post-game bosses?

I guess the game scales based on number of players, but do you think it can be completed solo? The past games tend to have some post-campaign bosses (like the stupid big worm in BL2 and basically every DLC boss) that cannot solo. Even with a team you probably need a good roll of certain ultimate weapons, which of cos they will soon nerf. Any sign of that here?

sorry only cheong story cos i want to unlock mayhem mode asap which greatly boost cash, loot rarity and xp. every side quest not done will scale to your current level.

legendary weapons now can be easily farmed by killing certain boss using a certain grenade before getting nerfed. now got xp glitch when u go offline, you get 7 times more than online.

think tvhm mayhem mode will need to co op. that's the real end game.

Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Based on your review, how was the game especially if compared against BL2?

more or less the same.

but with small things being improved.

like auto collect ammo that is not in full capacity.

bl2 need to keep smashing square to take ammo.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.