[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Are there mechanical keyboards whereby switches can be replaced when such problem occurs? I also not sure if such issues are due to the switches or the PCB board...

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there mechanical keyboards whereby switches can be replaced when such problem occurs? I also not sure if such issues are due to the switches or the PCB board...

Try massdrop, they do sell customisable mech kb, but its damn ex in general.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the armageddon ones has removable switches and comes with 3 spares. to remove just pull upwards with the tweezers provided

Nelia8686

Reaction score
Some of the armaggeddon rebranded keyboard from china can change switch. But I know my tecware phantom tenkeyless can change switch also. It comes with 3 or 4 spare switches with the keyboard.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
So issues are usually the switches itself? That's why these brands provide the spare switches? I think Logitech one cannot replace its Romer keys, need soldering...

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Z5JktQYh.jpg

Need to find somehow to remove that logo on the kb.. :s13:

take black marker n colour lor

ronnie_gogs

Reaction score
I have a Ducky One (micro USB) at office and a Corsair K70 white RGB at home. Although the Ducky has no RGB and was around half the price on discount I find that it is far nicer feel to type on compared to my Corsair.

Both Are Cherry Red switches.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a Ducky One (micro USB) at office and a Corsair K70 white RGB at home. Although the Ducky has no RGB and was around half the price on discount I find that it is far nicer feel to type on compared to my Corsair.

Both Are Cherry Red switches.

I used to have K70 but feels clunky and hollow. At first RGB looks nice but after a while, you get tired of it. Not as solid as Filco and Ducky.

ronnie_gogs

Reaction score
Although I don't like the feel I do like the software features Corsair offers with iCue. So I want to improve the current keyboard.
I bought the Corsair in US so no local warranty.

Planning on lubing up switches for starters. Then replace the key caps to PBT.
After that I want to try using o-rings to see if it makes a difference.
Next would be the stabilizers, mainly the spacebar. I hate it now. I want to replace the spacebar keycap and the stabilizer lets see how much of an improvement it brings.

Maybe I will even desolder a few switches and replace them with Gateron to see if that makes a difference

Last edited:

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
didnt know theres this thread..

i realized ducky keyboard quite durable as compared to logitech ones.

recently i bought one Logitech G810,but the keycaps underneath quite easy to break, and stuck inside the hole lol. had to buy new ducky one to replace.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using hyperX alloy fps and alloy elite rgb (bought recently at 149) via lazada. Cherry MX browns.

Both are nice. Fps keys are pretty loose and come off easily.

ayuluv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Filco and ducky are good.

Not sure are mine still around but right now am using k70 lol

Not that bad actually but it is true that Filco and ducky feels better to type for long hours

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using hyperX alloy fps and alloy elite rgb (bought recently at 149) via lazada. Cherry MX browns.

Both are nice. Fps keys are pretty loose and come off easily.

thats what i experienced before A and W keycaps broke for my logitech . :(

Ah Ken

Reaction score
didnt know theres this thread..

i realized ducky keyboard quite durable as compared to logitech ones.

recently i bought one Logitech G810,but the keycaps underneath quite easy to break, and stuck inside the hole lol. had to buy new ducky one to replace.

Where to get Ducky Keyboard at good price?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.