[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If didn’t update to iOS13 and remain at 12.4.1, then when restore the new iPhone11 from backup (ie ver 12.4.1), will it work bcos the new iPhone11 is already pre-loaded with iOS13 ?

Thanks

You need to upgrade to iOS 13 on whatever device you are using now to be able to restore on iPhone 11. Because iPhone 11 will not have a software version lower than 13.0, you are unable to use anything below that.

dexterchua

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Macbook Pro 15" mid 2012 would not last beyond 3hrs on battery, have done recalibration, have reset PRAM, have reset SMC, still no use..current battery changed about 2 yrs ago? cycle count is about 157 only but battery condition says Service Battery so im thinking of replacing my battery again..

Where would you recommend to replace my battery at? Roughly how much is it so that i dont get over-charged..

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My Macbook Pro 15" mid 2012 would not last beyond 3hrs on battery, have done recalibration, have reset PRAM, have reset SMC, still no use..current battery changed about 2 yrs ago? cycle count is about 157 only but battery condition says Service Battery so im thinking of replacing my battery again..

Where would you recommend to replace my battery at? Roughly how much is it so that i dont get over-charged..

 Store batt probably 180+? u have to add service fee also cos out of warranty. I changed e batt for my 2012 MBA at macplus 2 yrs ago it was definitely cheaper. good service too.

dexterchua

Reaction score
 Store batt probably 180+? u have to add service fee also cos out of warranty. I changed e batt for my 2012 MBA at macplus 2 yrs ago it was definitely cheaper. good service too.

Macplus has it at $180 with installation

ryan_khoo

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok tried the migration assistant ... it worked so well, faster than the iTunes method ... it basically copy and duplicate an exact copy of the old iPhone 📱 👍

jupiter12

Reaction score
Any recommend shop at Sim Lim Square to change iMac hard disk to ssd?

Have my own drives, just need workmanship.

Or anyone living in Yishun know how to do it for a small fee?

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea when will the new OS for the Mac be available? Just wish to sync the reminders with my iOS devices.

symbiote28

Reaction score
i want to take advantage of the value saving for an iMac 27" model. still deciding i just take the base model and upgrade storage or the mid tier and upgrade storage.

the most heavy task i'll be doing is video editing but just for hobbies and photo editing.

any recommendations of RAM i can get locally or overseas? thinking if the price is right, can upgrade to 32GB straight but 16GB is going to be my standard.

thank you.

PetPet

Reaction score
You can consider getting ram from directly from memory companies like Crucial, Kingston or through amazon/Mac sales.

symbiote28

Reaction score
You can consider getting ram from directly from memory companies like Crucial, Kingston or through amazon/Mac sales.

thanks and yeah that's what i'm planning. so the cost would go to either the mid tier Radeon Pro 575X and a SSD.

or do you think the Radeon Pro 570x with an SSD is enough for my needs?

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please do not be mistaken. I am not being sacarstic. Its just that I seldom get any replies in HWZ.

I am really thankful for any replies to my question.
Not sure if sarcastic or not but let me improvise on my reply.

Based on an expected October event for the MacBook Pro 16”, so best guess is October. It won’t be too long from iOS and iPadOS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.