Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

iphone88

Reaction score
downtime ?

scratches and dent, repaint, paint also need time to dry.
1 day lor.

in this thread, BTS paint workshop is popular, personally also tried him, prices is buay pai. really is cheaper than my other 2 or 3 spray painting kangtaos

Thanks bro.
Did contact BTS. It is not cheap. About the same price as some workshop in singapore.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In this thread, Sheng Auto is popular. Check them out on FB.
Some dude feedback that have to wait if you drive in. Please check price and make booking first before goes there.
If you cannot wait, then do it in sg.

That means they not always cheaper than SG?

UltraWoman

Reaction score
That means they not always cheaper than SG?

Sheng Auto is definitely NOT always cheaper than Singapore prices.

Just quote a few examples that I asked them before vs Singapore prices.

putting customised inter neon lighting
wrapping of roof
fixing of dashcam

these 3 jobs that I originally wanted to let them do, end up done in Singapore. due to the fact that the prices (even if) cheaper than SG, only by less than $10 margin. So not worth to drive in Q so bad and for that small margin.

and yes, the waiting time is too long, like some dude above mentioned

logan89

Reaction score
I will be getting a 2009 Toyota Vios. looking at the following.
- rear camera parking
- front camera
- body kit
- spoiler at the back
- led lighting at legrooms
- servicing
- reflush of engine oil
- full diagnosis
- alignment?

Any kind souls to rec any workshops? Open to Bukit Indah area as well as I stay Jurong. First car, new to cars and at a loss. Not sure what else I need to keep a lookout at.

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First car, then I would suggest splitting into important vs not-important.
Important / Good to do
- servicing
- reflush of engine oil
- alignment
- full diagnosis
But chances are, if you're getting this from a dealer, the first 3 items would've been done already. Full diagnosis, usually hard to say. Would you really go ahead and change everything a workshop says needs to be changed? If the transaction is already confirmed, you should just drive for a while first and take note of any weird sounds that may come up. If all is good, then after 5000km, just do a regular servicing and change the engine oil, and ideally gear oil as well so that you know when it was changed. No need to do an engine flush if it drives well, just change the oil.

Not-important
- rear camera parking
>> if you have rear sensors, it's probably sufficient but this is up to you.
- front camera
>> You can buy any kind of snap-on camera that can be attached to the windscreen and run the USB cable to the cigarette socket yourself. Unless you want those 24/7 recording type that connects to the battery, then you need to be sure your battery is in a good condition.
- body kit
- spoiler at the back
- led lighting at legrooms
>> These are not critical. Do these only after you're very very sure of the condition of your car. Budget for this can be redirected to other actual car parts to get a smoother/better drive (especially shocks, engine mounts, brakes, brake fluid).

logan89

Reaction score
Much appreciated, getting one from direct seller who gotten it less than a month from AML due to relocation. Am sending to mechanic in SG for a check first and taking up add on warranty from elsewhere to cover engine and gearbox since will be using for part time grab. Engine oil seems a bit black.

Is there any price gauge for servicing? And sheng auto or car click for servicing? Got any other workshop? Thanks so much. Time to study..

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Less than a month and then selling already? Sounds iffy to me. But if you get it checked and your trusted mechanic says ok, then it's your call. I suppose Toyotas should be generally ok...
Servicing wise, not sure of the price. Last time I brought my own engine oil and air filters in, just oil filter get from CC.
Sheng Auto does accessories, which is where you can consider going for the whole not-important list.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sheng Auto is definitely NOT always cheaper than Singapore prices.

Just quote a few examples that I asked them before vs Singapore prices.

putting customised inter neon lighting
wrapping of roof
fixing of dashcam

these 3 jobs that I originally wanted to let them do, end up done in Singapore. due to the fact that the prices (even if) cheaper than SG, only by less than $10 margin. So not worth to drive in Q so bad and for that small margin.

and yes, the waiting time is too long, like some dude above mentioned
How much they charge u wraping of roof?

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Visited CarClick just now, and asked their assistance to replace two O2 sensors for my Stream. Was charged RM80, which seemed just a tad pricey for a 10-minute job. I might have to check out some other workshops soon just to get a proper feel of price ranges.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Visited CarClick just now, and asked their assistance to replace two O2 sensors for my Stream. Was charged RM80, which seemed just a tad pricey for a 10-minute job. I might have to check out some other workshops soon just to get a proper feel of price ranges.

Labour fee 80RM?

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM80 = SGD$26+
Which workshop in sg is cheaper than $26?

10 mins job is bcos they don't wayang like those in sg. 10 mins job they can silly dally make it 2 hours so it will appear as it's worth the money you pay. Its the know how that shortens the time required for the job.

Last edited:

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do agree, I don't think it's overpriced but just starting to think it's a tad on the higher side. Considering it was close to this price for a brake fluid flush, which also requires know-how, tools one wouldn't normally buy, and a lot more work, it doesn't seem to match-up.

xhlee87

Reaction score
RM80 = SGD$26+
Which workshop in sg is cheaper than $26?

10 mins job is bcos they don't wayang like those in sg. 10 mins job they can silly dally make it 2 hours so it will appear as it's worth the money you pay. Its the know how that shortens the time required for the job.

If it is a msia car and they charge RM80, it will be consider expensive?
Those ppl in msia is earning the same amt as us. Do you see the average earning $4k x 3 = RM12k? No right.
Converting it to SGD and comparing with our local price is a bad comparison.
Yes, RM80 is on the pricing side if u compare to other local msia workshop.

chiusk

Reaction score
Agreed, can't convert, cause these workshops also cater to Malaysian clients too

Those ppl in msia is earning the same amt as us. Do you see the average earning $4k x 3 = RM12k? No right.

funky05

Reaction score

Strongly agree! Rm80 imho is expensive

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Did you check how much you will pay in SG workshop? If is lowered than RM80, then happy liao lor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.