NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

kevinwallace

Reaction score
Hi , anyone who applied for PE teacher has been informed of anything? Personally I already passed my physical test last year but failed my interview . So this year is my second time applying..

whyiareyeeand

Reaction score
Oh that's nice, so which subjects has they shortlisted you for? And when is ur interview scheduled?

They have not shortlisted me but I received an email that says I’m shortlisted and selected for an interview so not sure if that counts

whyiareyeeand

Reaction score
Congrats! May I ask if you applied in the May application window? So it will be your third time going for interview?

I didn’t apply in the May window! I applied last year September and this year February. Though the email says I’m selected for the selection interview, it didn’t provide any details of subjects and date. Is it normal?

jdrevolutionary23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you apply for Pri or Sec? For Sec, I realised we have had our interviews scheduled and subjects offered, whereas friends who applied Pri who have been shortlisted have yet to be offered their subjects or have a date scheduled.

I didn’t apply in the May window! I applied last year September and this year February. Though the email says I’m selected for the selection interview, it didn’t provide any details of subjects and date. Is it normal?

whyiareyeeand

Reaction score
Did you apply for Pri or Sec? For Sec, I realised we have had our interviews scheduled and subjects offered, whereas friends who applied Pri who have been shortlisted have yet to be offered their subjects or have a date scheduled.

I applied for JC actually! Did they notify you of the date immediately after you filled in the Annex A?

chilipeppers

Reaction score
Is there any one from the July interview batch who has been notified to attend the medical screening?

Me! I just went for medical this week. The deadline for medical is 23rd Sept for me. Don’t worry. I’m sure they’re in the midst of scheduling people to go for medical.

scarletxlove

Reaction score
Sigh... seems like most have received emails / calls! I applied for Pri but nothing yet. Does that mean my chances are low or close to none?

-Danielle-

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long before your interview will moe give the call? I received an sms saying that they will call me tmr with a private number and I am still editing my portfolio, so Im wondering how long more do I have.. :s22:

nooz17

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long before your interview will moe give the call? I received an sms saying that they will call me tmr with a private number and I am still editing my portfolio, so Im wondering how long more do I have.. :s22:

it's about 2-3 weeks. hope you get to complete your portfolio to your satisfaction in time! :)

Last edited:

AsherlynNg

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone help me out here?
I’ve been shortlisted for the interview in Oct to teach secondary levels though I had originally requested for Primary levels.

Does anyone know how long this entire selection process will take and whether the teaching stint will definitely be starting in Mid Dec?

jdrevolutionary23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you a fresh grad or mid career?

Hi,

I’ve been shortlisted for the interview in Oct to teach secondary levels though I had originally requested for Primary levels.

Does anyone know how long this entire selection process will take and whether the teaching stint will definitely be starting in Mid Dec?

Nnameless

Reaction score
Hi,

From some of timeline of earlier applications, it can take (maybe) 2 months or more until you receive your letter of appointment

It is written in the appendix that early feb 2020 is the next teaching stint

AsherlynNg

Reaction score
From some of timeline of earlier applications, it can take (maybe) 2 months or more until you receive your letter of appointment

It is written in the appendix that early feb 2020 is the next teaching stint

I actually read the online process that says mid Dec but was just wondering if they can really finish the selection process by then.

Nnameless

Reaction score
I actually read the online process that says mid Dec but was just wondering if they can really finish the selection process by then.

Probably cannot finish, government agencies usually don't rush their applications. For last year's august application, their teaching stint was in Feb.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.