NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

nooz17

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone help me out here?
I’ve been shortlisted for the interview in Oct to teach secondary levels though I had originally requested for Primary levels.

Does anyone know how long this entire selection process will take and whether the teaching stint will definitely be starting in Mid Dec?

to give you an estimate: i interviewed in oct 2018. i only started untrained stint at the end of jun 2019. mid-career with experience teaching as well.

-Danielle-

Reaction score
it's about 2-3 weeks. hope you get to complete your portfolio to your satisfaction in time! :)

Haha thx for the quick reply! For some reason, I felt that the timeline for this batch is so rushed. My interview will be in a weeks time, so different from the timelines of the past batches.:s11:

nooz17

Reaction score
Haha thx for the quick reply! For some reason, I felt that the timeline for this batch is so rushed. My interview will be in a weeks time, so different from the timelines of the past batches.:s11:

wah ok all my best wishes to you!! don't stress and just be confident of you and your abilities ok!!

Last edited:

jdrevolutionary23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It varies, depending on the available slots they have too. I had a friend whose interview is 5 days after receiving the call. Mines 2 weeks.

amyyee

Reaction score
I would love to know too please! For Art haha.

Shame that the Sharing Session is only for the Augst batch and not the other batches earlier this year. Would have been helpful for us to know what exactly we're getting ourselves into.

By the way Amyyee, how is the progress of your application?
Hi glutenmagic, no news since processing email on 16 Aug. (interviewed 18 July)
Hopeful for a medical check-up by October since the "possible offer" is by 7 Nov to commence employment on 19 Dec.

amyyee

Reaction score
I didn’t apply in the May window! I applied last year September and this year February. Though the email says I’m selected for the selection interview, it didn’t provide any details of subjects and date. Is it normal?
Yes, it was the same for me.
I received a phone call from HR about a week later and was informed of the shortlisted subject. Asked to think carefully before deciding to proceed with the interview on the following week.
All the best!

Last edited:

Betomut

Reaction score
Hi. Went to the sharing session for PE. Was told to go to NIE portal to register for the PPT test. However, when i click on the NIE portal link, it is unavailable to access. Anyone have this issue?

glutenmagic

Reaction score
Hi glutenmagic, no news since processing email on 16 Aug. (interviewed 18 July)
Hopeful for a medical check-up by October since the "possible offer" is by 7 Nov to commence employment on 19 Dec.

I guess we are still in the same situation! I believe they can't possibly reject us now after making us wait for 9 weeks, and counting. No news is good news afterall haha.

Max_power

Reaction score
Me! I just went for medical this week. The deadline for medical is 23rd Sept for me. Don’t worry. I’m sure they’re in the midst of scheduling people to go for medical.

Nice! I remember you as the person who helps to update us promptly and generously. Thanks! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.