New EC at Sumang Walk

tomylwc

Reaction score
Makes sense. 👍

But even if there is, it's the least of concerns for me unless super unbearable kind.

One more thing I'm more concerned with is the developments aren't complete. I don't know about the speed and timeline of the developments.

With so many construction workers due to the growth of the digital district, I'm more worried for my kids who may or may not be venturing out alone by then. To be fair though, this also applies for all new and developing estates.

That, along with Pasir Gudang, was what made me decided not to continue with balloting.

I'm really a kiasi and superstitious person, to the extent I rather pay more at times.
Pasir Gudang issue, the msia govt is taking it seriously but then we never know. In comparison, this haze is alot worst than when the pasir gudang chemical spill.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Pasir Gudang toxic gases can kill in minutes if not make you sick /hospitalised.

Indonesia haze is like chain smoking. Nobody dies but slowly....... :o

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Pasir Gudang issue, the msia govt is taking it seriously but then we never know. In comparison, this haze is alot worst than when the pasir gudang chemical spill.
Even haze I also super kiasi.
5 air purifiers at home in different rooms, 2 at in laws place, 3 different air cons with 3M filtere. Office with 1 FFU and 1 air purifier.

Considering one more FFU for in laws place because their place is real big.

My nose super sensitive one. Can run marathon. So need some external protection. And especially with babies around, I kiasi

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Pasir Gudang toxic gases can kill in minutes if not make you sick /hospitalised.

Indonesia haze is like chain smoking. Nobody dies but slowly....... :o
Indo got pple die liao leh.

I read one article also on a strong correlation between air pollution
and early mortality. Me kiasi.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
No la. Cos I bought a PG unit.

Good for u! im not saying this just becos im selling PG( I sell ALL projects in SG ), but I personally see potential in this project.. unfortunately im not eligible to buy one myself, otherwise I would ! Btw, i'm a punggol residents myself, have been staying here the past 9yrs or so.. so can see the changes in this place..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Seletar is nearer and will have higher volume of aircrafts in the future.

Yes, agree tat Seletar airport is nearer, but its mostly for private jet / small aircrafts.. those big commercial ones will go Changi Airport .. whole day duno got 1 flight landing / take off or not oso ..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Makes sense. 👍

But even if there is, it's the least of concerns for me unless super unbearable kind.

One more thing I'm more concerned with is the developments aren't complete. I don't know about the speed and timeline of the developments.

With so many construction workers due to the growth of the digital district, I'm more worried for my kids who may or may not be venturing out alone by then. To be fair though, this also applies for all new and developing estates.

That, along with Pasir Gudang, was what made me decided not to continue with balloting.

I'm really a kiasi and superstitious person, to the extent I rather pay more at times.

Yes, agree that Punggol now every where is under constructions.. still developing..good thing is, another 3-5yrs, majority of the buildings will be up, the same time as Piermont TOP date..

tomylwc

Reaction score
Good for u! im not saying this just becos im selling PG( I sell ALL projects in SG ), but I personally see potential in this project.. unfortunately im not eligible to buy one myself, otherwise I would ! Btw, i'm a punggol residents myself, have been staying here the past 9yrs or so.. so can see the changes in this place..

That's good to know. Btw do u know the pricing of other upcoming ECs? Maybe can do comparison here.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
That's good to know. Btw do u know the pricing of other upcoming ECs? Maybe can do comparison here.

Don't have the exact pricing yet, but these are the figures..

Anchorvale :
Land Price : $576 psf ppr
Breakeven price ( after 5% ABSD ) $1001psf
based on 20% profit margin :$1201psf

Canberra :
Land Price : $558psf ppr
Breakeven price ( after 5% ABSD ) $978psf
based on 20% profit margin : $1173psf

Piermont :
Land PRice : $583 psf ppr
Breakeven price : $916 psf
Based on 20% profit margin : $1099psf

< our average overall psf is around $1068 psf only >

shadowex

Reaction score

Anchorvale :

Canberra :

Piermont :

Know whats the estimate for Tampines EC?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

Anchorvale :

Canberra :

Piermont :

why is piermont's breakeven lower even though land is highest? Are these numbers reliable?

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
why is piermont's breakeven lower even though land is highest? Are these numbers reliable?

cos Piermont are not affected by the 5% ABSD .. all this figures are just research done by our marketing department... not the EXACT figures.. just an estimate

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
cos Piermont are not affected by the 5% ABSD .. all this figures are just research done by our marketing department... not the EXACT figures.. just an estimate

I see. So buyers are under developers' mercy again, as always. Thats quite sad but I can imagine what agents are saying now to sell piermont.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
I see. So buyers are under developers' mercy again, as always. Thats quite sad but I can imagine what agents are saying now to sell piermont.

I took a walk at Cold Storage milk segment.
I saw Farmhouse milk, 3 for $8.15
I saw Pura milk, 2 for $5.65
I saw Cowhead milk, Greenfield milk, HL milk, 2 for $5.50+++

Then I saw Hokkaido milk, 1L for $6.45

Why does Hokkaido milk sell for more? Because the cost price higher! So must sell for more. Seller cannot lose money right?

Definitely will still have people buy.

But must I buy?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, agree that Punggol now every where is under constructions.. still developing..good thing is, another 3-5yrs, majority of the buildings will be up, the same time as Piermont TOP date..

Wouldn't be surprised. 3-5 yrs on current constructions are all expected timelines for constructions.

Future constructions that are not yet started?

Nothing bad about Punggol. I just don't like for my own reasons.
Although Fernvale is quite near Punggol.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Anchorvale :

Canberra :

Piermont :

We still have upcoming Canberra 2nd EC and Fernvale Lane EC.

Are the prices expected to be even higher? For Fernvale lane (my aim now), if it gets launched, surrounding condos are selling around $1.3k+ psf. Can imagine it to launch at $1.2k to $1.3k psf also?

Or will the surrounding condos rise to $1.5k to $1.7k++ psf to support a $1.3k psf EC?

Up up and away! To infinity and beyond!

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I took a walk at Cold Storage milk segment.
I saw Farmhouse milk, 3 for $8.15
I saw Pura milk, 2 for $5.65
I saw Cowhead milk, Greenfield milk, HL milk, 2 for $5.50+++

Then I saw Hokkaido milk, 1L for $6.45

Why does Hokkaido milk sell for more? Because the cost price higher! So must sell for more. Seller cannot lose money right?

Definitely will still have people buy.

But must I buy?

Usually the costs for milk are not controllable costs (equipment, land, shipping etc). Whereas for developers, they bid the land price up themselves.

Btw can try 1L Meiji Milk $5.85, i drink it daily and think its not bad.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Usually the costs for milk are not controllable costs (equipment, land, shipping etc). Whereas for developers, they bid the land price up themselves.

Btw can try 1L Meiji Milk $5.85, i drink it daily and think its not bad.
I think you meant 2L.
I went for RedMart fresh milk, 1L $1.65, was 40% off on 9/9/19 sale.
Highly recommended.

To be fair for developers, ah gong wants a minimum amount bidded also.
For e.g. The Ola EC, ah gong wants a minimum of $461 psf ppr for the land to be launched.

Which means ah gong aiming at $1k+ psf for EC from there onwards.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.