Junken

Reaction score
yes but price big difference hehe. :D

Nandos:
Whole Chicken, 2 large or 4 regular sides =$ 44.90

Chikita: (they are using fresh chicken)
Whole Chicken, 2 large or 4 regular sides = 430K VND = $26.00

:D:D:D

i just heard about this place recently from my boss who lives in d2. he say quality is quite good.

only 1 outlet?

fortunehunter

Banned
Reaction score
i just heard about this place recently from my boss who lives in d2. he say quality is quite good.

only 1 outlet?

Yes one outlet so far from their web page.
They use fresh chicken and the chicken are tender and juicy.
Mostly are ang mo or high ses Vietnamese go there to eat.

Sent from Food, Travel, Sleep And Repeat using GAGT

fortunehunter

Banned
Reaction score
D2 bo local or shuttle bus running within? all local bus stop along the highway & it's quite far to walk in

There is one terminal at Glenwood residence.
Another one is on the highway beside the vincom Thao Dien.
Dont understand why they place 1 bus stop at such a high traffic palce,

:s22:

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe they don't think anyone living in atas area will take local bus lolz
There is one terminal at Glenwood residence.
Another one is on the highway beside the vincom Thao Dien.
Dont understand why they place 1 bus stop at such a high traffic palce,

:s22:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just take note of changing money at gold shops...

They give good rates only for big currency notes, such as:
50 SGD note, 100 SGD note, 1000 SGD note
50 USD note. 100 USD note

If you go with smaller denominations like 2, 5, 10, 20 SGD/USD
The rate will be lower

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

ZacharyA

Reaction score
Just take note of changing money at gold shops...

They give good rates only for big currency notes, such as:
50 SGD note, 100 SGD note, 1000 SGD note
50 USD note. 100 USD note

If you go with smaller denominations like 2, 5, 10, 20 SGD/USD
The rate will be lower

thanks, i'll be bringing some 50s to change (S$)

Xunling

Reaction score
Hello! I’m considering a trip to Vietnam this end November with my other half for about 7 days. Any recommendations to visit?

We currently have nothing planned and are open to suggestions. We like travelling ourselves by Motorbike/ Car if it’s safe :)

ZacharyA

Reaction score
Hello! I’m considering a trip to Vietnam this end November with my other half for about 7 days. Any recommendations to visit?

We currently have nothing planned and are open to suggestions. We like travelling ourselves by Motorbike/ Car if it’s safe :)

Why did you choose Vietnam?

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you like riding & natural scenery, head to north vietnam. plenty of beautiful scenic loops, u could try ha giang (i haven't done myself yet)

Xunling

Reaction score
Hello! I chose Vietnam because personally, we haven’t been there (I really like exploring countries I’ve never been) and my friend recommended Da Nang previously. I’m sure Vietnam has a lot to offer so I’m unsure where should I start since we only got a week time :)

Why did you choose Vietnam?

ZacharyA

Reaction score
Hello! I chose Vietnam because personally, we haven’t been there (I really like exploring countries I’ve never been) and my friend recommended Da Nang previously. I’m sure Vietnam has a lot to offer so I’m unsure where should I start since we only got a week time :)

I see.

The reason I asked is because I thought you already have an idea of what Vietnam is like that's why you shortlisted this country.

Depending if you are a scenic person, foodie, experiences, shopping, history of vietnam / cities.... There are a lot of options to choose from.

Can consider Hanoi / Saigon for starters? There are plenty of guides, from day itineraries to food guides

fortunehunter

Banned
Reaction score
Shopping wise dont think of it.
Da Nang nothing much to do but you can try their resort.
The most fun part about vietnam is to rent a bike and go around like a local.

Junken

Reaction score

judging u only have a week there you can't really go from city to city. those angmoh backpack to travel from north to south or vice versa take like 1 month. since it's your first time to vietnam, u can either choose ho chi minh or hanoi. ho chi minh if you prefer the city, hanoi if you prefer nature. both have nearby cities to travel out to if u have time. hcm can go to vung tau or dalat, hanoi can go to sapa.

i really don't suggest Ha Giang loop on motorbike because firstly, i think it may be a bit rush for 1 week. secondly, it's a bit too dangerous for first timers to vietnam.

if you don't have a motorbike license, i really suggest u DO NOT ride a motorbike, especially for a first timer to vietnam. traffic conditions are very different from singapore, and u need to think about insurance coverage as well. besides, if you google about it, u will find information about police everywhere being more strict on foreigners this year, so it's also something to consider about.

Ha Giang is full of winding roads so it can be dangerous for first timers. you can consider this kind of adventurous trip if you have more people with you that are already experienced in vietnam or locals that can communicate easily in case of any trouble.

just be careful if you're still intending to do it.

Junken

Reaction score
Shopping wise dont think of it.
Da Nang nothing much to do but you can try their resort.
The most fun part about vietnam is to rent a bike and go around like a local.

my friend who just wented to Da Nang loved it though. Da Nang trip usually combined with Nha Trang and/or Hoi An.

anyway be careful when u recommend people to rent a bike and go around like local... i know it's just a suggestion, but do be aware most people don't have license and no insurance coverage as a result. travel insurance will not cover also. people may get the impression that it's easy and legal but in fact it is not and may get into trouble with the law.

it should be better for us to inform them the risks involved and if they still choose to go ahead with it, at least they are aware of the risks they are taking.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Driving license in wetnam can be obtained using $$$

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.