[guangzhou] recommend things to eat/shop/sight-see

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Okok. Sorry just to check is it rain? I saw somewhere Dec keep raining. Keen to go this year Dec but not sure how is the weather. Thanks

Didn't rain in the 2 periods of 4/5 days each that I was there but you may want to check the weather forecast in advance.

Ocatus

Reaction score
Just to share

Just to share...

For shoppers, looking for cheap deals, planning to stock up on leather goods, Baiyun 三元里, 广州火车站 【station names】is your best bet.

For city sightseeing -
天河区 - 猎德,石牌桥,广州塔 【station names】

For foodies -
越秀区 & 荔湾区 - where the main old capital of GZ once located -北京路 etc

GZ does not have natural landscapes like Guilin, Yunan, Sichuan etc.

Weather in GZ
March and April - Rainy Seasons, wet and humid 18-25
May-Sept - Hot, Humid, Typhoon 28-37
Oct - Feb - Cold, typhoon, rain 5 - 21

Other areas near GZ,
Foshan - Shunde
Food, museum, taste of the authentic Cantonese cuisine. Highly recommended. H3owever, we are unable to drive in China, thus you will need to arrange for one.

If you have time and space, i would recommend going to other cities in Guangdong province via their High-Speed Train;

- Chao Shan 潮汕 - food is very similar to what hokkien food that we have in singapore, those who understand hokkien would find similar resemblances of in the 潮汕 language.
- Hui Zhou 惠州(东), the east side of huizhou has very beautiful beaches and cheap resorts/hotels.
- Shenzhen 深圳 - self-explanatory
- Haizhu 海珠 - near Macau
- Qingyuan 清远 - famous for its chicken (清远鸡)and natural hot springs

:s13::s13:

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
Will be going guangzhuo during Sept end . Seems likely to be hot weather right ?

Btw from guangzhuo to foshan how long it would take and about how much ? A day trip there ok right ? In guangzhuo and foshan it's easy to get taxi right?? like in Shenzhen .

First time to guangzhuo and planning go foshan see see if possible .

Staying in guangzhuo hotel.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Will be going guangzhuo during Sept end . Seems likely to be hot weather right ?

Btw from guangzhuo to foshan how long it would take and about how much ? A day trip there ok right ? In guangzhuo and foshan it's easy to get taxi right?? like in Shenzhen .

GZ to foshan take mrt can already :s22:

depends where your hotel is, mine took abt an hr, i just went there from late morning to afternoon, visit huang feng hong temple, have my lunch and dessert only

beanstalk6

Reaction score

It is very easy to get around with their MRT. Taxis are easily available but traffic can be bad. To get to Foshan, you can use their MRT or even the train if you stay near Guangzhou South or Guangzhou Railway Stations. The trains take only 25min.

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
It is very easy to get around with their MRT. Taxis are easily available but traffic can be bad. To get to Foshan, you can use their MRT or even the train if you stay near Guangzhou South or Guangzhou Railway Stations. The trains take only 25min.

Thanks for info. Will go research more on it .

Ghostrider

Reaction score
Planning to go Guangzhou for 4D3N in Mid Sept.

Main objective is eat and shop. Looking at Shangxiajiu and Beijing road area.
Holiday Inn Shipu or 7Days Inn seem popular.

Anyone other hotels to recommend that near these area or near subway?

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Planning to go Guangzhou for 4D3N in Mid Sept.

Main objective is eat and shop. Looking at Shangxiajiu and Beijing road area.
Holiday Inn Shipu or 7Days Inn seem popular.

Anyone other hotels to recommend that near these area or near subway?

7 days is cheap and always near to mrt stations

ocw000

Master Member
Reaction score
7days fully booked:sad:
If you don't mind this kind of budget chain hotels you may also look at 汉庭, 锦江之星,Insail Hotels, V8, 逸米.

And if you don't mind small cockroaches and in a big group then those apartments at pengman beijing Road offer the best value and the most cosy

Sent from Somewhere Ulu In Singapore using GAGT

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is one at Changshou Road. Beijing Road too.

7days fully booked:sad:

I also stayed at this hotel befroe, quite good for that price $30-40, less than 5 mins walk from mrt and direct mrt line to airport

downstairs got MCD, KFC, caipng stall, next building got famous award winning changfen restoran, behind street got night mkt, opp got wet mkt

https://www.agoda.com/en-sg/springt...f-500b-4b8b-a929-a96a7445636b&travellerType=1

Ghostrider

Reaction score
If you don't mind this kind of budget chain hotels you may also look at 汉庭, 锦江之星,Insail Hotels, V8, 逸米.

And if you don't mind small cockroaches and in a big group then those apartments at pengman beijing Road offer the best value and the most cosy

Sent from Somewhere Ulu In Singapore using GAGT

was looking at those apartment at Pengman Beijing Road, did know there are small cockroaches and in a big group:s13:

I don't mind budget chain hotel. will search those u mentioned.

Last edited:

Ghostrider

Reaction score

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
GZ to foshan take mrt can already :s22:

depends where your hotel is, mine took abt an hr, i just went there from late morning to afternoon, visit huang feng hong temple, have my lunch and dessert only

How to take mrt go ? Planning to go on Tuesday half day . Early morning go.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check if any shopping center in gz has lockers?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 7 using GAGT

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Can I check if any shopping center in gz has lockers?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 7 using GAGT
many big size supermarket got self-service lockers, but you need wechat or alipay.

not sure how the payment works, never try before

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.