Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a switch lite for my wife... but i was thinking... would the "joycon drift" be an issue? I mean... if i used the normal switch, I would just need to replace the joycons (gosh i have quite a few now :D) but if it's the switch lite, won't i be stuck?
Yup. Either bad or good luck matter.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

hirako-shin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone can recommend which game store is better to go for if i want to buy screen protector and get them to apply for me? Any good recommendation? Thank u.

vironix

Reaction score
The screen protector isn't hard to self apply. Just align to bottom of the screen and release.

Sent from the anal hair of Thanos using GAGT

nightkids7089

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'll look at SNES and definitely BOTW(been eyeing it forever).

My dilemma is whether to stick to digital only games or physical games 😅😂 I feel the need to use the 400gb SD card hahah. But I'll probably end up doing both if budget permits hahah

ask my friend for advise on physical and digital format games.....

he say physical games can sell off and top up difference for new games, but digital one can't......:s8::o:(

hirako-shin

Master Member
Reaction score
The screen protector isn't hard to self apply. Just align to bottom of the screen and release.

Havent tried it before.. cus this is my first switch, so want to find a good shop to help me paste

nightkids7089

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, anyone can recommend which game store is better to go for if i want to buy screen protector and get them to apply for me? Any good recommendation? Thank u.

erm.................is the Switch's screen scratch proof? :s11:

is the screen made of simi gorilla glass?? :s11::s11:

really a need to get a screen protector? :s11::s11::s11:

shadowex

Reaction score
ask my friend for advise on physical and digital format games.....

he say physical games can sell off and top up difference for new games, but digital one can't......:s8::o:(

Yup thats correct. But digital games sometimes have sales that can cut the price of a game by alot. Awhile back NBA2k19 was only $8SGD.

Just have to watch out for these sales and create account on the different countries eshop to take advantage.

Follow this page to see latest deals on the Switch:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup thats correct. But digital games sometimes have sales that can cut the price of a game by alot. Awhile back NBA2k19 was only $8SGD.

Just have to watch out for these sales and create account on the different countries eshop to take advantage.

Follow this page to see latest deals on the Switch:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/

Actually I bought the NBA2K19 @ 2.99 usd :D

Digital purchases are more convenient if you have more than 1 switch because you can share games across switches without passing the card around, except that only 1 person can play at a time.

The only time I think I’d get a cartridge is if the game is really large, eg witcher 3

Last edited:

vironix

Reaction score
erm.................is the Switch's screen scratch proof? :s11:

is the screen made of simi gorilla glass?? :s11::s11:

really a need to get a screen protector? :s11::s11::s11:

U miss the point. The switch screen is plastic. Thus prone to scratches more than glass. Thus putting a tpg screen protector is a wise move.

shadowex

Reaction score
Even taking the Switch out from the dock can cause it to get scratched. Screen Protector is a must

U miss the point. The switch screen is plastic. Thus prone to scratches more than glass. Thus putting a tpg screen protector is a wise move.

jrwong84

Master Member
Reaction score
🤷*♂️ at least explain to me why la

i am a new first time buyer and haven’t buy console for decades

Why robert is because $399 can easily get gen 2 export set liao $399 for gen 1 with one year warranty is not worth it, if you really want gen 1 with local warranty buy used some seller start throwing off bundle used set on carousell liao.

First rule for electronic items always get the latest not the older

买新不买旧

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Joy drift has been cfmed on switch lite.. smh! Should have saved my $300 on somwthing else
Yeah its the same design so same issue will happen
Mine old gen 1 drifting getting more jialat liao haiz

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

mdhazrin

Reaction score
Hi All,

Planning to get the Switch...

Sorry, I went through the Thread.... Very long..... but informative. Ended feeling lost. :s22:

Some questions:
  • Is the extra warranty (eg Qisahn 1+4) wort getting?
  • Any place having promotion?
  • Any suggested place to get?

Thanks in advanced.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Some questions:
  • Is the extra warranty (eg Qisahn 1+4) wort getting?
Just curious, do these 'shop warranties' (for extended years some more) cover joy-con drift and such problem? Has anyone sent in to Qisahn to repair joy-con drift? What do they do? (ok, first year they probably ask you to send to Maxsoft.) What about joy-con desync, do they put in that foam for you in their shop? What about Switch bricking when using 3rd party dock (say, you bought the dock from Qisahn too)? What exactly are people getting paying for these 'extra warranty'?

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
Just curious, do these 'shop warranties' (for extended years some more) cover joy-con drift and such problem? Has anyone sent in to Qisahn to repair joy-con drift? What do they do? (ok, first year they probably ask you to send to Maxsoft.) What about joy-con desync, do they put in that foam for you in their shop? What about Switch bricking when using 3rd party dock (say, you bought the dock from Qisahn too)? What exactly are people getting paying for these 'extra warranty'?

So I asked before and joy con warranty is only 3 months as its considered as accessory... They said its maxsoft policy. So terrible...

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
Very tempted by switch lite hit scared of joycon drift... And now seeing comments, syncing stuff between the old and new switch also not that seamless.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.