Vietnam

Junken

Reaction score
Yes. Driving license in wetnam can be obtained using $$$

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

im a hypocrite though, i also don't have driving license but riding motorbike in vietnam. but ok lah i've been here over a year and got vb gf to show me the basics and sit with me initially to make sure ok.

but if anything happen to me i also llst. fall down twice before but minor injuries and never involve anyone. own self fall down due to poor roads.

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me too no bike license, i only ride within D2, sometimes i even drink till high at xuan thuy and ride bike back :s13:, between i stay at thao dien.

im a hypocrite though, i also don't have driving license but riding motorbike in vietnam. but ok lah i've been here over a year and got vb gf to show me the basics and sit with me initially to make sure ok.

but if anything happen to me i also llst. fall down twice before but minor injuries and never involve anyone. own self fall down due to poor roads.

Xunling

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion! I’m a scenic person and a foodie. I’ll keep a lookout on Hanoi and Saigon.

I see.

The reason I asked is because I thought you already have an idea of what Vietnam is like that's why you shortlisted this country.

Depending if you are a scenic person, foodie, experiences, shopping, history of vietnam / cities.... There are a lot of options to choose from.

Can consider Hanoi / Saigon for starters? There are plenty of guides, from day itineraries to food guides

Xunling

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion and kind warning. I agree that riding a bike in a foreign country possesses a risk. From the current suggestions, I think I’m shortlisting, Hanoi, Sapa & Da Nang.

judging u only have a week there you can't really go from city to city. those angmoh backpack to travel from north to south or vice versa take like 1 month. since it's your first time to vietnam, u can either choose ho chi minh or hanoi. ho chi minh if you prefer the city, hanoi if you prefer nature. both have nearby cities to travel out to if u have time. hcm can go to vung tau or dalat, hanoi can go to sapa.

i really don't suggest Ha Giang loop on motorbike because firstly, i think it may be a bit rush for 1 week. secondly, it's a bit too dangerous for first timers to vietnam.

if you don't have a motorbike license, i really suggest u DO NOT ride a motorbike, especially for a first timer to vietnam. traffic conditions are very different from singapore, and u need to think about insurance coverage as well. besides, if you google about it, u will find information about police everywhere being more strict on foreigners this year, so it's also something to consider about.

Ha Giang is full of winding roads so it can be dangerous for first timers. you can consider this kind of adventurous trip if you have more people with you that are already experienced in vietnam or locals that can communicate easily in case of any trouble.

just be careful if you're still intending to do it.

Xunling

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion! I’m okay with not much shopping as I would really want a break from my hectic year at work.

Relaxing at a resort at Da Nang sounds nice :)

Shopping wise dont think of it.
Da Nang nothing much to do but you can try their resort.
The most fun part about vietnam is to rent a bike and go around like a local.

grapewall

Reaction score
1 week is a bit too much if you want to stay in hcm. Danang will be good for you. Mini city, lots of beaches, golden bridge and big statue of Guan Yin. And Hoi an is a must go while you're there it's beautiful at night.

Last edited:

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion! I’m okay with not much shopping as I would really want a break from my hectic year at work.

Relaxing at a resort at Da Nang sounds nice :)

Resort that I stay at da nang, full board for 350 SGD. 3 meals included for 2 pax.
Tons of Korean.

EEb7nqsl.jpg

JRb2BjHl.jpg

Dah2BGhl.jpg

GZbWxgql.jpg

qhQEVnPl.jpg

Sent from Food, Travel, Sleep And Repeat using GAGT

Last edited:

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buffet spread that I ate for total of 5 meals due to full board.

UcfpVp2l.jpg

49OE3uil.jpg

L1v6VfDl.jpg

TOMDpQYl.jpg

eC3eTrNl.jpg

gKOGchQl.jpg

HAE3dYVl.jpg

6SHdGMfl.jpg

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Continue buffet spread for breakkie

QprgvRYl.jpg

KPAZpkpl.jpg

0TQOtpel.jpg

1bCCJc2l.jpg

UFSgA0vl.jpg

9RoWQg0l.jpg

aveGggjl.jpg

cJ8RqF5l.jpg

Last edited:

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last night have the sea food buffet cost around 80 sgd per pax not cheap, but who cares mine is full board.

4j3KDmLl.jpg

1ws7JgFl.jpg

koiDMDzl.jpg

1uJZmjul.jpg

NEcOnFRl.jpg

xSJAH1el.jpg

DWbFRkhl.jpg

LZMeXnul.jpg

Junken

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion and kind warning. I agree that riding a bike in a foreign country possesses a risk. From the current suggestions, I think I’m shortlisting, Hanoi, Sapa & Da Nang.

but the thing about travelling to vietnam, just be prepared to have a slow paced and relaxing trip. in general, don't try to fit too many things into your schedule.. u may run out of things to do.

Junken

Reaction score
me too no bike license, i only ride within D2, sometimes i even drink till high at xuan thuy and ride bike back :s13:, between i stay at thao dien.

i usually just ride between d7 and d1. but there were times i have ridden to Long An province, where i work. around 1 hour by bike. it was also when i was caught by police :s13: paid twice, once 200k once 400k.

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i usually just ride between d7 and d1. but there were times i have ridden to Long An province, where i work. around 1 hour by bike. it was also when i was caught by police :s13: paid twice, once 200k once 400k.

The reason i only ride in D2 due to lesser traffic.
Also that vietnam is left hand drive i keep checking the right first instead of left, use to right hand drive road.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Knn see so many food picture. Now also feel hungry liao.

Lol

Sent from Samsung SM-A705MN using GAGT

Junken

Reaction score
The reason i only ride in D2 due to lesser traffic.
Also that vietnam is left hand drive i keep checking the right first instead of left, use to right hand drive road.

haha i ride in crazy traffic before. ride up pavements to cut queue and all also. over here ride bike is really must be daring. ride laopok bike squeeze here squeeze there in poor traffic conditions until my gf say i certified vietnamese already. :s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.