[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

green_day_er

Reaction score
Hi all!

Recently adopted an 8 week old kitten a few days ago. He didn’t eat much of the Royal cannin kitten dry food (previous household fed him these), so we gave him wet food Wellness core kitten wet food. He loves it but he’s having softstool for 4-5 days now. We understand that it could be due to stress and change of diet since it’s a new experience (new home and food) for him. We still have the dry food out for him though.

Still very active and playful. Should we stop giving him the wet food and stick to his old dry food diet? Worried that he does not eat enough though. Please advise. Thank you. :)

denilson

Reaction score
Hi all!

Recently adopted an 8 week old kitten a few days ago. He didn’t eat much of the Royal cannin kitten dry food (previous household fed him these), so we gave him wet food Wellness core kitten wet food. He loves it but he’s having softstool for 4-5 days now. We understand that it could be due to stress and change of diet since it’s a new experience (new home and food) for him. We still have the dry food out for him though.

Still very active and playful. Should we stop giving him the wet food and stick to his old dry food diet? Worried that he does not eat enough though. Please advise. Thank you. :)

switch back to the old food first? Too many changes might cause the kitten to be stressed

green_day_er

Reaction score
switch back to the old food first? Too many changes might cause the kitten to be stressed

Thank you for the response. Royal canin dry food is his old food. Could it be that he now prefers the wet food and refuse his old one? Went to the vet who suggested to add a little water to the dry kibble. He eats it but not as much as his wet food.

Will monitor his weight and see if there is a need to switch to another wet food.

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Royal canin dry food is his old food. Could it be that he now prefers the wet food and refuse his old one? Went to the vet who suggested to add a little water to the dry kibble. He eats it but not as much as his wet food.

Will monitor his weight and see if there is a need to switch to another wet food.
Cats generally loves wet food but it doesn't pack the nutrients that a dry kibble has.it is better to shop for a kibble that your cat likes and introduce meal times and not free feed.

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

Reaction score
https://soranews24.com/2019/09/23/japanese-internet-is-hypnotized-by-kitten-hypnotizing-itself-with-its-tail%e3%80%90video%e3%80%91/

Sent from Rem Is Best Waifu using GAGT

Reaction score
fi-1.jpg

https://soranews24.com/2019/10/04/h...mos-new-buddhist-statue-style-halo-scratcher/

sc-6.png

https://soranews24.com/2019/10/03/j...-to-keep-angry-customers-from-yelling-at-him/

dustypixie

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 4 years old cat with me for about 6 months now. She has been eating fussie cat red label and pronature holistic for indoor cat. She every day eat the same thing like sian. Any recommendations? Considering taste of the wild or royal canin 27 or firstmate for kibbles. Wet food considering elite gourmet or cherie or fussie cat premium labels.

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 4 years old cat with me for about 6 months now. She has been eating fussie cat red label and pronature holistic for indoor cat. She every day eat the same thing like sian. Any recommendations? Considering taste of the wild or royal canin 27 or firstmate for kibbles. Wet food considering elite gourmet or cherie or fussie cat premium labels.

Give her some steam or fried fish lah. Everyday you eat kwan tau beh sian meh?

🐠

dustypixie

Reaction score
Give her some steam or fried fish lah. Everyday you eat kwan tau beh sian meh?

🐠

Of course if I can I will cook for all her meals. I used to cook for my dog also but it's once in a while thing, not daily. I every day steam fish for her she also will sian. That's why I'm asking for recommendations to switch things up for her. She is also very picky with wet food and I dont want to just buy it randomly.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course if I can I will cook for all her meals. I used to cook for my dog also but it's once in a while thing, not daily. I every day steam fish for her she also will sian. That's why I'm asking for recommendations to switch things up for her. She is also very picky with wet food and I dont want to just buy it randomly.

So mix kwan tau meals with cooked meals for the week lah.

Cats also like to eat steam prawns. They'll eat until only the 2 whiskers of the prawns left. BTW, once the cat learns to eat fried fish she'll love it

😁

Last edited:

dustypixie

Reaction score
So mix kwan tau meals with cooked meals for the week lah.

Cats also like to eat steam prawns. They'll eat until only the 2 whiskers of the prawns left. BTW, once the cat learns to eat fried fish she'll love it

😁

Any recipe? Hahaha I only know water boil chicken and steamed fish. Do note that I'm a dog owner changed to a cat owner. So I'm a little more cautious about what she eats. I used to feed my dog mashed potatoes and ice cream but I doubt cats can eat them.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Any recipe? Hahaha I only know water boil chicken and steamed fish. Do note that I'm a dog owner changed to a cat owner. So I'm a little more cautious about what she eats. I used to feed my dog mashed potatoes and ice cream but I doubt cats can eat them.
erm, dogs can eat ice cream?

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
There is an array of wet,dry and even freeze dried food out there.You can check out brands like sheba,ciao,shesir,axia.they are good brands for wet food.For their daily nutritional needs,dry food kibbles are good enough for them.

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For cooked meals just mix the steam/fried fish into some cooked rice and give the cat to eat will do. Try different types of fish and you'll know the cat will favor which. Fish head will depend on the cat's liking. Generally, cats will like to eat fried fish once they get used to it. Make sure give the cat water to drink if it eats fried fish because it's dry.

If you happen to eat steam prawns then just pass a few pieces to the cat to eat

Kwan tau cat food can also mix with cooked rice and feed the cat

Give kwan tua cat food once a meal/week will do. The rest of the week give cooked food to make the cat get used to eating cooked food. If you don't give your children kwan tau food every meal for 365 days then don't give to the cat too. Processed food is unhealthy because it contains high level of sodium and preservatives

For baby cat (past the milk stage) give them porridge mix with cooked rice and steam fish first. When they grow older then give the harder cooked rice, fried fish and prawns. Give kwan tau cat food only when the cat grows older not when young.

Last edited:

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just adopted a stray tomcat. Super endearing character but always want to go out. We have since neutered him but it doesn’t stop his wanderlust. Apart from that he is a real sweet heart.

Support stray cats.....dun encourage atas cats....

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just adopted a stray tomcat. Super endearing character but always want to go out. We have since neutered him but it doesn’t stop his wanderlust. Apart from that he is a real sweet heart.

Stray adult cat difficult to stay at home since it's used to outdoor life. Stray kitten is easier to house train

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya he gets moody because we don’t let him out. But he doesn’t throw a tantrum. Just look abit sian only.

Gonna grow some wheatgrass for him to munch. You guys do that too?

Stray adult cat difficult to stay at home since it's used to outdoor life. Stray kitten is easier to house train

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.