Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Bebe2019

Reaction score
Yes pls its recommended of if your not comfortable to change new number you can alwaya install call blocker and aet privacy only contacts can call to you

I changed mine coz I can't take it when they keep whatsapp me with new no every time I block their no. The keep leaving nasty voice msg and for me to avoid all that I change my no.

bbbbbw

Reaction score
a taxi rear ended me and i wrote down his particulars and took photos. taxi driver wanted to take a photo of my IC and license.

at first i rejected and said i didnt take a photo of his so why should he take a photo of mine? but he said it was because i didnt want to take a photo of his?

finally i agreed to let him take the photo but i also took a photo of his IC and license.

is it possible if he use the photo to print out and borrow from sharks or LML?

polarinda

Reaction score
a taxi rear ended me and i wrote down his particulars and took photos. taxi driver wanted to take a photo of my IC and license.

at first i rejected and said i didnt take a photo of his so why should he take a photo of mine? but he said it was because i didnt want to take a photo of his?

finally i agreed to let him take the photo but i also took a photo of his IC and license.

is it possible if he use the photo to print out and borrow from sharks or LML?

of cos.
why would u let anyone take a photo of your ic, unless they r authorised?

green72

Reaction score
Yes but I don’t think the shark or LML so stupid to process a loan without the physical IC
I think the new generation of LS or Forced Loan Scammers require to "look" into your CPF account and HDB via your Singpass to verify you. They will use HP of your NOK and Office particulars as a tool later to harass them, to harass you.

Giving IC and Driving License not enough info for them, so no need worry. Furthermore, they need to ensure your bank account is correct to transfer and start their scam.

With only the two info, they can only harass you. It will be easier for you as a victim. Just block the unknown calls. Usually the harassment escalate to harass your office and NOK. That can stress victims out.

So don't worry, they need more than IC and Driving License to start scamming you. The taxi driver can't do much to misuse your personal info.

LS require a whole range of your personal info to start the "contract loan".

Don't need to be paranoid. Relax.

Last edited:

bbbbbw

Reaction score
I think the new generation of LS or Forced Loan Scammers require to "look" into your CPF account and HDB via your Singpass to verify you. They will use HP of your NOK and Office particulars as a tool later to harass them, to harass you.

Giving IC and Driving License not enough info for them, so no need worry. Furthermore, they need to ensure your bank account is correct to transfer and start their scam.

With only the two info, they can only harass you. It will be easier for you as a victim. Just block the unknown calls. Usually the harassment escalate to harass your office and NOK. That can stress victims out.

So don't worry, they need more than IC and Driving License to start scamming you. The taxi driver can't do much to misuse your personal info.

LS require a whole range of your personal info to start the "contract loan".

Don't need to be paranoid. Relax.

thanks so much for your effort to write such a long reply. appreciate it.

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
FREE TO APPLY
Repayment On 5 Yrs
NO LATE CHARGE/DEPOSIT
10Kx60 Mth=185
20Kx60 Mth=370
50Kx60 Mth=920
100Kx60 Mth=1850
WhatApp: Joset 8xxxxxxx

Guys just to check, above is it legal license money lender? Able to loan 10k from them and pay 185 monthly???

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

groo-the-wanderer

Master Member
Reaction score
FREE TO APPLY
Repayment On 5 Yrs
NO LATE CHARGE/DEPOSIT
10Kx60 Mth=185
20Kx60 Mth=370
50Kx60 Mth=920
100Kx60 Mth=1850

Guys just to check, above is it legal license money lender? Able to loan 10k from them and pay 185 monthly???

this is illegal, loan shark. Real moneylenders not allowed to watsapp/msg their service or their license gantong.

Loan shark modus operandi is not to lend you money and earn your interest. They make money by harassment and blackmail and if you fear them, they will bleed you for every single cent you or your friends/relative has (you borrow from friends to pay LS). they bluff you by posting these long repayment instalment terms. Then when you give them all your particulars, inc. your sensitive personal info and the info of your family, they say $500 as trial and pay back next week $600 or else every week $100. if u no want to take the loan, also must pay penalty (some ridiculous amount like $500) for wasting their time. Then after you pay them this penalty, they say never receive your money and ask you to pay again. After you pay a 2nd time, they say you pay late and must pay $1,000 as penalty. Last month Wanbao got story of a businessman kena such con and end up paying more than $8,000 within 1 night.

Remember, Loan Shark do not lend you money. They only harass you to give them money becos you have already given them you sensitive private information

Messup

Reaction score
FREE TO APPLY
Repayment On 5 Yrs
NO LATE CHARGE/DEPOSIT
10Kx60 Mth=185
20Kx60 Mth=370
50Kx60 Mth=920
100Kx60 Mth=1850

This is a bait for innocent people. They will take away your money and peace after you contact them.

Please block and report that number to help others.

Last edited:

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
this is illegal, loan shark. Real moneylenders not allowed to watsapp/msg their service or their license gantong.

Loan shark modus operandi is not to lend you money and earn your interest. They make money by harassment and blackmail and if you fear them, they will bleed you for every single cent you or your friends/relative has (you borrow from friends to pay LS). they bluff you by posting these long repayment instalment terms. Then when you give them all your particulars, inc. your sensitive personal info and the info of your family, they say $500 as trial and pay back next week $600 or else every week $100. if u no want to take the loan, also must pay penalty (some ridiculous amount like $500) for wasting their time. Then after you pay them this penalty, they say never receive your money and ask you to pay again. After you pay a 2nd time, they say you pay late and must pay $1,000 as penalty. Last month Wanbao got story of a businessman kena such con and end up paying more than $8,000 within 1 night.

Remember, Loan Shark do not lend you money. They only harass you to give them money becos you have already given them you sensitive private information
Thanks Bro, was wanting to call them just now, after yr advice, won't call liao... But why they advertise like that if they cannot loan 10k so much???

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
This is a bait for innocent people. They will take away your money and peace after you contact them.

U mean alot of ppl have being trap by calling my above this advertisement???

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score

But Bro, if I call them now, and they cannot give me the 10k loan, I just hang my phone isn't it??? How do they harass me after that???

Kainraz

Reaction score
They will say can approved or already approved
Then they will get all yr info like nok number and bank account. Then they will force transfer a small amount to you. Like 500 then demand u must pay them back 700 or more for 1 week as trial loan. All ********.. u will never ever ever get that 10k loan. They will keep saying u need trial loan cause to make new record la or some stupid excuses.

But Bro, if I call them now, and they cannot give me the 10k loan, I just hang my phone isn't it??? How do they harass me after that???

how how

Reaction score
Wha all of you got good IO. I called my IO 1 mth ago and leave message and my hp no. but till today he never call me back at all. LS came to splash paint for more than 1.5 mths, I received a letter from SPF informing me that they have exhausted all the leads, is it to say that I am on my own and the runner who splash paint is still at large. I am very worried what LS will do next?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.