Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like how people said PaulP would instantly solve our midfield problems, the same was said of HarryM for our defence. Whereas all our past legends often came from other leagues and needed time to adjust to the EPL, HarryM was supposed to be an instant fit. After 4 or 5 games, I'm kinda underwhelmed. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Well you are a big fan of Chris Smalling so I would expect you to say that :s13:

I like Smalling’s qualities too and rate him unlike many others here but you ain’t wrong to expect much more

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no self respecting person will accept the conditions to come here and have his decisions veto by the very guy who has been failing at the job for 6-7 years.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Like how people said PaulP would instantly solve our midfield problems, the same was said of HarryM for our defence. Whereas all our past legends often came from other leagues and needed time to adjust to the EPL, HarryM was supposed to be an instant fit. After 4 or 5 games, I'm kinda underwhelmed. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

your expectation is reasonable.

Harry M is the world most expensive defender of cos he must be world beater. if not how to justify the price tag ?

As the saying goes pay peanuts get monkeys. united pay gold bar to get harry m.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have my issues with ChrisS but I am just unable to see how much of an upgrade it has been so far. To have let him go on a season long loan without even seeing how well he could be alongside the latest big money defender is kinda bewildering. Is it a wages thing? To have let ChrisS go but block MarcosR's transfer to Everton is kinda strange. I know who I'd rather see in defence.
I can probably stay patient until Christmas to see where it is all going, but I think the players owe it to the club and the supporters to work overtime and buck up on their own technical skills and watch replays of their own games to think how they could do better. To be honest, I don't think the players are putting in enough effort.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maguire is a human being, ain’t a robot. Give him time to settle lor. By Christmas we should be seeing the best of him. Rio wasn’t exactly good immediately when he came from Leeds in 2003. Took him a number of years to feel comfortable and iron out his errors

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can probably stay patient until Christmas to see where it is all going, but I think the players owe it to the club and the supporters to work overtime and buck up on their own technical skills and watch replays of their own games to think how they could do better. To be honest, I don't think the players are putting in enough effort.

Or maybe it’s a coaching problem i dunno. We don’t look like a well coached team at all when we attack. Even teams like Norwich and Soton look better doing so than United players. We rely on individual brilliance from Pogba or even Daniel James

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember RioF was only 23 when he first joined. Not exactly a finished product expected to slot straight in. Ok lah, maybe I'm just biased hahaha!

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the club is paying a portion of his salary during this loan term.
all these 200k 300k contracts the club is handing out is causing lots of problems. so its not something that is not out directly from fans pockets so we shouldn't care.
Is it a wages thing? To have let ChrisS go but block MarcosR's transfer to Everton is kinda strange.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or maybe it’s a coaching problem i dunno. We don’t look like a well coached team at all when we attack. Even teams like Norwich and Soton look better doing so than United players. We rely on individual brilliance from Pogba or even Daniel James
I had my doubts last season when our main coaches were MichaelC and the other young guy. But now we have MikeP who is also supposed to be a good coach with hopefully some of Sir Alex rubbed off him.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even Keane has his concerns about DJ coming here from Swansea and play in every game.

already stressful enough that every game u are expected to win when you join United, but to be suddenly expected to win every one of them is a lot to handle for someone coming from lower league/club.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least from what it seems so far, DanielJ has the right attitude. He's good on his own but doesn't seem like one who can orchestrate wins, but it's early days and I look forward to seeing more of him. The main problem over the last few games is that we're becoming unhealthily reliant on him for our counter-attacking play.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Manager never give enough motivation talk.

Most of the players on the field have been together for many season. Cannot be one or two players join then that chemistry is gone.

Whole club from players to manager to CEO all have problems.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Big mistake to replace too many players with young inexperienced players. These young players can run but are they able to score?

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Letting RomeluL go wasn't a mistake. Fingers crossed they have a target for January and that this 6 months is a painful process to determine the (un)suitability of using AnthonyM or MarcusR long term, or hoping MasonG can take over permanently (and potentially over-stress his young body like MichaelO).

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so far how many youth have played?

some time back u named these players 'good young players'
Mason Greenwood, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes & James Garner.
how many of these feature in our matchday starting 11 ?
Big mistake to replace too many players with young inexperienced players. These young players can run but are they able to score?

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Line up vs west ham
UNITED XI: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Young; Matic, McTominay, Pereira, Mata, James; Rashford

who is young and inexperienced?
james? he has scored so far
pereira? maybe

that's all i can see

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is failing / performing badly now enable us to iron out the kinks and reap the rewards later after this most probably written off season?

I don't get this part.

Do we suddenly become world beaters after series of shameful results this season?

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Man Utd boss Solskjaer second-favourite for the sack – but Everton’s Silva clear favourite after Sheff Utd defeat

OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER is the second-favourite to be the next Premier League manager to be sacked.

Only Everton boss Marco Silva is more likely to lose his job first, according to Ladbrokes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9986374/man-utd-solskjaer-second-favourite-sack/

Bookies starting to put up odds for Solskjaer to be sacked. I always said any manager who can't produce results is going to be sacked unless the club & fans are willing to accept continuing bad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.