Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

kkcheng77

Reaction score
Tampines Branch is one of them. Used to be next/near to Standard Chartered/Tampines, opposite Century Square.

It's a good sign. Digital push. Less mouth to feed = less expenditure. Hope our interest payout stays as long as it can.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The AMK hub level 3 also closed. If u all still remember the branch there opposite of NTUC hub.
Great world also close, serangoon garden branch also closed, tampines one too.

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After counter 6 at most drop 0.6% only
Not a lot also la
Basic 1.2%+0.6%(remaining 6 counter) still got 1.8% per annum for next 6 month before gradually increasing back to 2.4%

oh...that's good to know..

eg,
I have already 70k...but I dun wanna bank in so much..so I put $100 before every end of the month...so I will get the full interest right?

and if I need the $, I withdraw 20k...left 50k..the interest will drop to what % ?

Imhthc

Reaction score
CitibanK scary also leh.
So many branches closed down.
Put more than 70k, later they uplorry how lol

Aren’t u protected by the Govt for 100k deposit? Unless u put more than this amount in ur total deposit in different accounts with this bank.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got more than 75k, thats why scare n ask. If not, won't ask at all.

better be scared and take out all your money put in khong guan biscuit under your bed

even if 75k is insured, as it has never happened before, no one really knows what will happen if really all the money gg...

like maybe you will still get back the insured 75k but who knows how long the queue may be and how long you have to wait

so keep cold hard cash under your bed safest if scared bank collapse

DenOOO

Reaction score
For joint accounts, SDIC will split funds in the joint account evenly unless there are records showing differently. Each account holder's share is then combined with his or her own accounts and the total amount of insured deposits is then covered up to S$75,000. For example, if you and your husband have a joint account with S$70,000, and you have a separate account of S$60,000, your total deposits of S$95,000 will be covered to the maximum of S$75,000.

Better make sure the joint account's other owner has got no funds in the same bank if maxing at 75k.:s12:

DenOOO

Reaction score
Strange, why ocbc premier banking told me otherwise. Lol! Nowadays RM all cannot trust

Only trust and client accounts are separately insured on a per account basis.

That's why must do homework, Citibank RM told me withdraw interest from maxigain will cause counter to drop:s22:

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is trust and client accounts? Personally I feel quite OK one la. Imagine all big banks close, can die lei

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.