NUS ppl lip lai - Part 6

Titaniaoberon88

Reaction score
For UEs, are 1k mods definitely easier than 2k mods? I'm considering btwn 2 UE mods - more interest in the 2k one but dk if I should choose the 1k one cos it may be easier

Not necessarily. They only determine 1k or 2k based on the prerequisites sometimes but I think go for interest will be better since you technically learn more. Last time I chose 1k cos I thought easier but the exams were a killer

Titaniaoberon88

Reaction score
dean list doesnt care about whether u S/U or not

and the cap cut off depends on ur cohort.. with a cut off... so every year its different...

easier = harder bell curve to fight.. up to u

But got minimum no. of MCs you must take before you can get on deans list? Not too sure. Last time I underload to 16MCs and didn’t manage to get on dean’s list even with A’s.

aiqian999

Reaction score
But got minimum no. of MCs you must take before you can get on deans list? Not too sure. Last time I underload to 16MCs and didn’t manage to get on dean’s list even with A’s.
Anybody keen to rent out their room on campus? Please come dm or contact me. Many thanks :)

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ironic because at first my parents was diedie want me study accounting or business. I felt like if i didnt major in the things i wanted to major in I will have regret so ended up with where i am :D
huai chiu stardee what also need ur parents dictate? :s22:

aaa123

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to search for night classes for next sem? I'm from biz, looking to take some GEMs and UEs while doing a semester internship

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
hi anybody knows whats the cut off marks for b-.
how much is b- actually
trying to recall from my fading memory

for non bell-curve graded mods,

85 - 100 = A/A+
80 - 84 = A-
75 - 79 = B+
70 - 74 = B
65 - 69 = B-
60 - 64 = C+
and so on...

Last edited:

qwpeh15

Reaction score
NUS Gen Ed Modules

Hi, I’m a first-year student in NUS. Which Gen Ed modules are easy to score and improve my CAP?

Are these modules recommended?
- GES1021 [Natural Heritage of Singapore]
- GET1018 [The Mathematics of Games]
- GER1000 [Quantitative Reasoning]

What other modules do you recommend?

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m a first-year student in NUS. Which Gen Ed modules are easy to score and improve my CAP?

Are these modules recommended?
- GES1021 [Natural Heritage of Singapore]
- GET1018 [The Mathematics of Games]
- GER1000 [Quantitative Reasoning]

What other modules do you recommend?

mods that are easy have steep bell curve. therefore, there is no easy to score mod to improve ur CAP.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.