Tainan & KaoHsiung 4D3N Any Suggestion Please

Lschia28

Reaction score
Going to KaoHsiung & Tainan in end Nov 4D3N, any suggestion where to visit please? So far wat i hav in mind are Fo Guang Shan and sizihwan bay=:p

goyamata1st

Reaction score
Going to KaoHsiung & Tainan in end Nov 4D3N, any suggestion where to visit please? So far wat i hav in mind are Fo Guang Shan and sizihwan bay=:p

Tainan and Kaohsiung cities are just 30 minutes drive via Freeway #1 and can stay at same hotels in Tainan city or Kaohsiung city for 4-day trip.
Tainan is the first capital city of Taiwan 200 years ago. The city showcases the early development of Taiwan like China town in Singapore. Kaohsiung is a heavy industry city like Buson city in South Korea and very famous for its seafood. A lot of open spaces and parks near ocean front like Singapore’s East coast. For private transportation service, you can search this forum, Recommended Cad Driver, for English-speaking tour guide and drivers.

Interesting places in Tainan and Kaohsiung cities are listed below.
Day 1: Kaohsiung hotel
Chishan scenery area
Foguangshan Buddha Memorial Centre
Meinung Folk Village
Moon world
Rueifong Night Market
Stay at Kaohsiung city hotel

Day 2:
The Pier-2 Art Centre
Cijin Island scenic area.
Sea food lunch at Cijin island
The Former British Consulate
Lotus Pond. The Dragon and Tiger Pagodas
Liouhe Night Market
Stay at Kaohsiung city hotel

Day 3: Head towards Tainan and explore the city
High-heeled church
Jingzijiao Tile-paved Salt Fields
Beimen Visitors' Centre
Cigu Lagoon oyster farm
Stay at Tainan city or Kaohsiung city hotel

Day 4: Head down to Guan zi ling for onsen.
Anping Old Fort
Historic Tait & Co. Merchant House
Anping Treehouse
Erkunshen Fortress
Sihcao Mangrove Green River Course
Yen-Ping street (Taiwan street)
Stay at Tainan city or Kaohsiung city hotel

Lschia28

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice! I've hired a driver for 2 days to Tainan, thanks for your recommendation! :D

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many times I had seen free & easy tourist make the same mistake.
Had a well planned schedules only be spoilt by bad weather or late hotel checking, or traffic.

Always do your homework, have plans for wet and dry alternatives.

Try not to switch hotel unnecessary. Example, Kaohsiung and Tainan are nearby, city to city is less than 1 hr by cab, just stick to one cheaper Kaohsiung or Tainan hotel. Hotel changing is time consuming, the time wasted you probably can visit 1-2 scenic places.

Personally I felt that Kaohsiung is too big, and too rundown.
Tainan is the former Taiwan capital, more historical sites to visits.

Kaypohji

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why take cab to go from Tainan to kaohsiung? One hour cab ride wouldn’t the price be a lot? Can take train or not ??

Many times I had seen free & easy tourist make the same mistake.
Had a well planned schedules only be spoilt by bad weather or late hotel checking, or traffic.

Always do your homework, have plans for wet and dry alternatives.

Try not to switch hotel unnecessary. Example, Kaohsiung and Tainan are nearby, city to city is less than 1 hr by cab, just stick to one cheaper Kaohsiung or Tainan hotel. Hotel changing is time consuming, the time wasted you probably can visit 1-2 scenic places.

Personally I felt that Kaohsiung is too big, and too rundown.
Tainan is the former Taiwan capital, more historical sites to visits.

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why take cab to go from Tainan to kaohsiung? One hour cab ride wouldn’t the price be a lot? Can take train or not ??
30mins taxi ride for 4 the is cheaper than thsr or choochoo train.
Taxi about S$30 for point A to Point B.
THSR for one stop is S$6/pax, and u need to take bus/taxi to your destination.

ChooChoo train? Slower than bus (1hr) for short distance due to long waiting time.

Book a 8 hours cab for 3000-3500 NT and he will serve as a tour guide and camera man.

I booked a 3star Kaohsiung hotel for family room for 4 near a popular MRT/LiouHe for 2 days for just under S$120 total, including breakfast and supper. Thats cheaper than Hotel 81 overnight rate.

Sent from my friend's phone using GAGT

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ChooChoo train? Slower than bus (1hr) for short distance due to long waiting time.

Book a 8 hours cab for 3000-3500 NT and he will serve as a tour guide and camera man.

I booked a 3star Kaohsiung hotel for family room for 4 near a popular MRT/LiouHe for 2 days for just under S$120 total, including breakfast and supper. Thats cheaper than Hotel 81 overnight rate.

Hire driver is just driver not a guide.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kaohsiung and tainan are too far apart to travel between them daily. stay in kaohsiung for kaohsiung, tainan for tainan. dun everyday commute between them as it is going to be very tiring. u going there to enjoy the places, not to test their public transports.

And dun compare kaohsiung/tainan with taipei, and u'd be able to enjoy these cities.

Kaypohji

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the hotel name ?

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Centre (near one of the exit of Fomosa Boulevard MRT).
4-5 mins walk to LiouHe Night Market.

Read the review, seems cheap and good enough for a under-S$60-per-night hotel. My second choice was Kindness Hotel few blocks away near the hospital.
(Kindness is somewhat a hotel for business men, their doors usually double-seal for sound proofing. My first stay at KH was at Kindness near KH Main Station, good experience. Kindness is a $100+ hotel.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.