Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WIFI (X570) Motherboard & AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - Killer Combo!

alvin316

Reaction score
dbKB7LT.png

Bios mark as version 0901 dated 20/09/2018 just release in Asus SG and US support site.

Maybe to fix post issue when certain rams set to D.O.C.P

Description:
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 0901
1. Improve memory compatibility
2. Update various auto-rules related to overclocking
3. Optimizations made to speed up EZFlash
4. Fixed a compatibility issue with 5-way Optimization

Last edited:

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So is the ROG premium justified?

Else can consider getting the Asus X570 TUF instead. =:p

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not justifid and more like banleong premium. other countries sell ch8 for lower, so dont encourage such practices. =:p

Too bad never test gigabyte master, should perform around ch8 but better value than ch8 here.

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
PCI-e 4.0 does jacksh!t to in-game FPS, like NvME vs SSD in loading games right?

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PCI-e 4.0 does jacksh!t to in-game FPS, like NvME vs SSD in loading games right?

FPS is purely based on other factors. In theory, next-gen PCIE4 GPUs might need the bandwidth, in which case it will help. It's more like future proofing.

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought Biostar MBs before and the bios was terrible. Took ages for a fix too. That was a few yrs back but I will never buy their stuff again.

If wanna go for the underdog just get Asrock imo. Their MBs are solid and they actually focus on sound quality of the on board sound.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hwinfo64 Monitoring
As expected, its 12C24T run on the hotter side of things but it still runs stable in our local ambient air.

3900X_hwinfo64_1hr%252B.PNG

Above shown is from the very 1st 3900X batch at the launch last year and my present Amazon batch chip. Note also there have been differences in mobo, AGESA/BIOS, hwinfo64 versions and chipset drivers etc... since then ie. not straightforward compare.

The present Amazon 3900X batch is also not the very latest evidenced by the bundled Prism cooler which still has the full square application of thermal grease vs the dotted application bundled in latest batches of chips.

na911I2.jpg

Can clearly see evidence of AMD downbinning of 1 good plus 1 average/bad CCX being used in Ryzen 9 chips (vs TR chips). =:p

Last edited:

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
.... Can clearly see evidence of AMD downbinning of 1 good plus 1 average/bad CCX being used in Ryzen 9 chips (vs TR chips). =:p

Probably need 3950X to get two good CCXes, AMD has to justify the premium over 3900X. :)

concept_fuel

Reaction score
na911I2.jpg

Can clearly see evidence of AMD downbinning of 1 good plus 1 average/bad CCX being used in Ryzen 9 chips (vs TR chips). =:p

Doesn't really matter now does it unless of course your going to do manual O.C.:o
On auto you'll hardly go past 4Ghz(at most 4.1ghz) on all core on a cinebench run and on single threaded task only 1~3 core will be that high anyway so no reason for all CCXes to be of higher bin=:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.