Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

DenOOO

Reaction score
What is trust and client accounts? Personally I feel quite OK one la. Imagine all big banks close, can die lei

Trust account is a legal arrangement through which funds or assets are held by a third party (the trustee) for the benefit of another party (the beneficiary), which may be an individual or a group.

Client Account means any account for which the Firm provides services, including investment advice and investment decisions.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya. Very difficult la. All the RM use mouth to say. It is my words vs the RM. Being one OCBC, you will choose to believe your own staff. I pm u in the end waste my time to wayang with each other.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya. Very difficult la. All the RM use mouth to say. It is my words vs the RM. Being one OCBC, you will choose to believe your own staff. I pm u in the end waste my time to wayang with each other.

It is all based on the fact of what SDIC covers, not what OCBC staff say.

TerryPower

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much is the interest in 13th month? assuming always above 70k and always got money deposited month.

back to 0.1% or stays 1.2%

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much is the interest in 13th month? assuming always above 70k and always got money deposited month.

back to 0.1% or stays 1.2%

Counter will stays at 12, bonus interest will be at 1.2 percent while base interest will be 70% of the current Sibor rate.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its really not difficult at all. My mum has 2 joint accounts with me and my bro everymonth take back approx $300 x 2 she see until very gain that she went to open 1 personal one herself. LoL

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
To confirm, can one person hold a personal and joint maxigain account concurrently, and still qualify for the stated interest rates?

shpesft

Reaction score
Yes. You can hold one personal and one joint account with another person. Both can earn the higher interest rates but are not linked (the counter for the personal and joint accounts are separate and have to be built up separately)

To confirm, can one person hold a personal and joint maxigain account concurrently, and still qualify for the stated interest rates?

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sibor is now 1.8? Which means likely the interest will be 2.6%. Like one of the highest around

Yes it's one of the highest around without doing anything, but the catch is you have to reach counter 12 (put minimum 15k for a year to reach full potential). :)

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it's one of the highest around without doing anything, but the catch is you have to reach counter 12 (put minimum 15k for a year to reach full potential). :)

Even at counter 0, sibor 1mth is at 1.8% now, which makes maxigain interest 1.3%. If have $70k to put in, it's quite a good deal

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My only worry is citibank is an aggressive bank. Higher interest for savings and higher interests for loans. A few person I know get more than $100k for their credit limit.

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My only worry is citibank is an aggressive bank. Higher interest for savings and higher interests for loans. A few person I know get more than $100k for their credit limit.

higher interest for savings and loans both balances out. So they are running a biz, whats the worry? also 100k credit limit is nothing la pls.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
higher interest for savings and loans both balances out. So they are running a biz, whats the worry? also 100k credit limit is nothing la pls.

I am comparing them to local banks. For example, someone may get 4 times unsecured credit at local banks but will received more than 10 times at Citibank. Remember 2008? Citi is on the verge of failure. Just feel this aggressive lending may lead into something ugly when the economy eventually collapse.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am comparing them to local banks. For example, someone may get 4 times unsecured credit at local banks but will received more than 10 times at Citibank. Remember 2008? Citi is on the verge of failure. Just feel this aggressive lending may lead into something ugly when the economy eventually collapse.

Do you own any Citibank credit card before? Do you have 10 times credit line?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.