[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Strange. I have two NAS on the same network with the same issue. Seems like it's probably Router or ISP.

existential_reality

Reaction score
Looking to swap out my old Synology DS2413+ wondering if I should sell it?

Just to gather some opinions if I asked between 800 - 1k for it would it be a fair price?

voux00

Reaction score
Looking to swap out my old Synology DS2413+ wondering if I should sell it?

Just to gather some opinions if I asked between 800 - 1k for it would it be a fair price?

Too bad yours too powderful liaoz, else I'd be keen, heheheh...

If you know of anyone looking to offload a 8-bay NAS (eg, DS1815+ or DS1817+), let me know! Wanna get a used set for secondary/remote sync :)

existential_reality

Reaction score
Yep was thinking about that too, but I guess if lower than 800 I probably don't see the point and keep it as a backup system instead. Its still works great and quiet as anything which works in its favor

Haha anyway I'll probably list on Carousell once I've migrated everything and get lowballed and see how things go :s13:

Current bnib DS2419+ approx $2100

existential_reality

Reaction score
Will keep a lookout, I don't suppose Qnap will interest ya? Had a friend who was asking about this Synology of mind and she is currently on a Qnap 8 bay.

Too bad yours too powderful liaoz, else I'd be keen, heheheh...

If you know of anyone looking to offload a 8-bay NAS (eg, DS1815+ or DS1817+), let me know! Wanna get a used set for secondary/remote sync :)

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any reviews on which one is better in reliability ? the iron wolf or the wd red ?

aeronium

Reaction score
any reviews on which one is better in reliability ? the iron wolf or the wd red ?

I was trying to find info on this as well to add a 10TB drive to my NAS, but can't find any conclusive answers.

Went with WD Red in the end since the general opinion online seems to favor WD over seagate.

Also, the funny thing is the Red is 5400rpm, but after testing, has the same read/writes as my 7200rpm HGST Deskstar drive.

User benchmark seems to show that Reds are faster than ironwolves as well: https://hdd.userbenchmark.com/Compa...0TB-2016-vs-WD-Red-10TB-2017/m161315vsm324807

existential_reality

Reaction score
I run ironwolf pro's 24x7 running for about 18 months in a non AC room only 1 of the 12 drives recently had some bad sectors and it was minor incremental. Personally I think its all abit of heng xuay.

I only had a WD red once in the same array and it developed some IO issues and had to be yanked out.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find info on this as well to add a 10TB drive to my NAS, but can't find any conclusive answers.

Went with WD Red in the end since the general opinion online seems to favor WD over seagate.

Also, the funny thing is the Red is 5400rpm, but after testing, has the same read/writes as my 7200rpm HGST Deskstar drive.

User benchmark seems to show that Reds are faster than ironwolves as well: https://hdd.userbenchmark.com/Compa...0TB-2016-vs-WD-Red-10TB-2017/m161315vsm324807

lol... shouldn't you publish in that (general opinion online) instead of here then?

over here, we don't promote reds. WD is fine, however not for red + synology combo.

Anyway, good luck to your data. I will advise to backup with another larger hdd or another NAS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synology/comments/ac1pao/wd_red_dying_in_lots/

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/101062086-post5252.html

https://community.wd.com/t/wd-red-on-synology-nas/161727

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stay away from WD Red for Synology users.

honestly, i think no point advisng people here. They insist to read what they think is 'right' and ignore whatever you have said.

+ their google / online skills CMI.

Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi shifu,

Anyone is using ds1019+ here? Is it better than ds918+?

I am thinking to buy a nas to backup family photo and 4k movie streaming.

Where can i buy ds1019+ and what hard disk brand should i buy 5 x 10tb?

Both are in same category, 5 VS 4 bay.

Lazada to search for promotion while HDD can get Seagate Ironwolf 10TB at $409 from Tradepac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.