Selling iPhone via Brightstar

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried before? How’s the experience like? Guess better than meeting Carousell buyers. Haha.

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prices are quite bad.

Think better off selling to beng shops, if you’re lazy to Carousell.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
true, my friend sold off his 64gb X at Far East over e weekend at $600. Brightstar is more like a recycling/last resort thing.

It depends on the condition of his phone right? Usually shop will quote higher on their website and then cut a lot when meetup due to condition not "mint".

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sell to mobile shops is better. Carousell you have to deal with idiots. Not worth the time.

Do you have any recommendation which shop? I went to one near my place. They expecting like new condition. If not, after seeing some paint coming off here and there, and screen has some micro scratches, they will deduct quite bit. As for BrightStar, from what I read, normal wear and tear totally find and has been factored into their quoted price.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried before? How’s the experience like? Guess better than meeting Carousell buyers. Haha.

price wise not the very best. Once you register and file in via online, they will arrange to collect. During collection, they will check if for physical damage/crack/etc and note down on their report. No other accessories required

They will bring back and then do a final check. if all ok, you will get the price stated when filling online.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
price wise not the very best. Once you register and file in via online, they will arrange to collect. During collection, they will check if for physical damage/crack/etc and note down on their report. No other accessories required

They will bring back and then do a final check. if all ok, you will get the price stated when filling online.

You personally tried before? Yes, it is not the best but seems like most convenient and price not too far off. Are they very particular cosmetic appearance of the phone?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nobody tried sellup?

I think they offer very good pricing and can even collect from your location.

argentinafa

Master Member
Reaction score
Nobody tried sellup?

I think they offer very good pricing and can even collect from your location.

Ij5ZxPd.png

Sellup price also can’t make it.

I sold my XS Max 256GB silver at $1050 to a hwz dealer raul66. He collected from me at my house very good! I don’t need to travel to Far East Plaza mobileshops to sell.

Carousell ppl mostly lowball till quite jialat. One even offered to pay me $500 upfront and the rest by installment. I was bemusedly stumped.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ij5ZxPd.png

Sellup price also can’t make it.

I sold my XS Max 256GB silver at $1050 to a hwz dealer raul66. He collected from me at my house very good! I don’t need to travel to Far East Plaza mobileshops to sell.

Carousell ppl mostly lowball till quite jialat. One even offered to pay me $500 upfront and the rest by installment. I was bemusedly stumped.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will try to contact him.

messi1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually sell to end users will be higher..

I recently just sold a iPhone 8 Plus 256GB at S$650..

Phone is very very good condition...

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You personally tried before? Yes, it is not the best but seems like most convenient and price not too far off. Are they very particular cosmetic appearance of the phone?

tried b4. the one i trade in the screen has some hairline scratch. Anyway, you may try send it in, once they check, if there's issue, they will call you (i think).

if u dont agree with the price, they will arrange return without additional cost.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried b4. the one i trade in the screen has some hairline scratch. Anyway, you may try send it in, once they check, if there's issue, they will call you (i think).

if u dont agree with the price, they will arrange return without additional cost.

So did they deduct further due to the hairline scratch?

SwagYolo

Reaction score
Usually sell to end users will be higher..

I recently just sold a iPhone 8 Plus 256GB at S$650..

Phone is very very good condition...

I sold my 256GB 8 Plus for $600 about a week ago, had a small dent on the corner. I put on carousell, quite surprised got multiple buyers within 20 minutes. Probably because my battery health on it was almost 100% though.

symbiote28

Reaction score
i won't even consider brightstar. all it takes is some effort to sell in Carousell. so far, all my dealing were good.

i recently sold my XS Max 512GB of 3 months old for $1400 the day after iPhone 11 launched. mobile shops took in even lesser.

messi1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sold my 256GB 8 Plus for $600 about a week ago, had a small dent on the corner. I put on carousell, quite surprised got multiple buyers within 20 minutes. Probably because my battery health on it was almost 100% though.

Battery health at almost 100%? Did you change a new battery?

Mine battery health was at 89% though..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.