Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just saw OGS's latest interview and I am convinced he is probably more clueless than Moyes.

"And it’s no point getting players in that you’re not 100 per cent sure about.”

But what was the point of going into the season being 100 per cent sure you are light in many positions????

he is 100 per cent sure to play English Messi as his no.10. That one, we all can be 100 per cent assured of.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
then you'll get people like ADM and Sanchez lor.

tides you over in the short term but every transfer window need to restart.

it's a balancing act I reckon.

who to say which option is better? can't predict injuries so early in the season.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if team don't do well, players don't wanna stay long also.
so its all about striking that balance, need a mix of short term fixes and long term players.
no formula out there. will he get it right in time, we'll know soon.

even without injuries, i think it was a pretty weak squad from last season. yet the management decided after all the departures, our attacking option without addition is good enough for the season.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so its all about striking that balance, need a mix of short term fixes and long term players.

even without injuries, i think it was a pretty weak squad from last season. yet the management decided after all the departures, our attacking option without addition is good enough for the season.

Precisely

But hardly a surprise, don't forget the same management decided that Mourinho didn't need a defender because he has Rojo, Smalling and Jones :s13:

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The management have a team of advisers that report to CEO on what/who/which players needed etc.... I think this need to go....for 6 years the advise is like meh...

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ed is keeping yes man

“This was one of the reasons why I had a meeting with Ed Woodward and I told him that I wasn’t convinced with the competency of certain people at the club.

“I told Ed Woodward quite straight: “If you think I’m going to sit here and just tell you what you want to hear, I’m not that man because I’m going to tell you exactly how I see it.””

7mths down the line, Langley got dismissed after one-to-one with Ed

sCuzzZy

Reaction score

We have been complaining about the lack of a long term plan for the longest time, I pray that Ole has one. Obviously the implementation of said plans may take a while to happen. Whether he is given the time to do so is a separate issue altogether. But I reckon maybe for once, the board is actually listening to what the manager wants.

He wants players whom are 100% committed to the cause, he wants players whom can go through a wall for him. He wants players whom understand what is it to represent the crest. Let's give him what he wants/doesn't and perhaps for the very first time, we can't blame the board/ED for a terrible season.

Good or bad, i guess we will find out.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of cos the ideal situation for any manager is not getting players like Di Maria, Lukuka, they never wanted to join United, mind is always somewhere else and bail out when opportunity strikes.

i almost want to say 'let's wait and see if the board finally changed' den i look at that tampas bay club and decided 'okay i can only pray hard'

huhster

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of cos the ideal situation for any manager is not getting players like Di Maria, Lukuka, they never wanted to join United, mind is always somewhere else and bail out when opportunity strikes.

i almost want to say 'let's wait and see if the board finally changed' den i look at that tampas bay club and decided 'okay i can only pray hard'
Tampa Bay Buccaneers ah, well the glazers are screwing them up too

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Our team is very weird now. Sometimes out of the blue, we can beat any team. So maybe tonight we will beat Arsenal? Then again, even if we do, doesn't mean we will not lose the next 3 games. Of courses, it's also possible we will lose tonight and lose the next 3 games.

What I am confident about is we won't be winning tonight + winning the next 3 games. Which in itself, is very sad. :(

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
6 proper windows.

not 6 windows that are busy chasing what should have been done in the previous.
in Aug wait till Jan window to fix shortcomings u identified in last season's campaign, heng if u get them in Jan, sway den wait till summer again.

extending the problems further another few months, u only make it into a bigger problem, more confidence lost in the team.. that will be the real virus spreading

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.