Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mi quang

At D2 near Estrella

vt3Hldol.jpg

Sent from Food, Travel, Sleep And Repeat using GAGT

ZacharyA

Reaction score
Although yes, I have to charge my phone daily, even multiple times day, but I can't imagine doing that for a smart watch. Given that likely I have to remove it from my wrist, charge it, put it back on.

Just a hassle. I'm happy with a G shock or an automatic watch.

well i believe as we move forward with technology, batteries will be more efficient and can last longer. apple watch is pretty good ba, but not designed to work without an iphone..

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but i feel that still better not to dependent on gadgets too much, especially around city or daily routes. so you can memorized the routes you often take.

i think ticwatch can be charged by powerbank?
im using a ticwatch. bought it for around $150-200. battery life is limited, true, but enough for the day ba. only use for navigation.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
relax, no hurry lah. SG work life so hectic, go holiday still rush for what? :)
Public transport in the city as in public busses? Not slow?

Personally for traffic conditions like saigon and Bangkok I feel that motorbikes / tuktuk is faster leh

grapewall

Reaction score
btw, when in vietnam, i actually carry a smartwatch with google maps to navigate to anywhere i wanna go on a bike.

it has been pretty handy..

I ride a bike to explore the city too.. to help in navigating i used my phone and switch on the Waze or Google map, use with my bluetooth earphones and let the voice navigation leads me to my destination. Sometimes may get confused by the directions, especially at round abouts. But generally still okay for riding on motor bike.

Zhi

Reaction score

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna ask on Vietjet payment. I know that paying with Master/Visa/AMEX will incur a $14 charge. I noticed there is an option of paying through booking office. Under their service tab, i found a Singapore Booking Agent. Are both the same whereby i can pay thru them for the same ticket fee and without any booking fee?

If not, is there any way to bypass this additional fee?

Junken

Reaction score
but i feel that still better not to dependent on gadgets too much, especially around city or daily routes. so you can memorized the routes you often take.

i think ticwatch can be charged by powerbank?

for new routes especially, surely need the maps otherwise you will keep stopping to check maps anyway. at least for me.

for typical routes like d7 to d1 no need gps i also ok le, even though i used it at the beginning.

and yes should be able to charge by powerbank. usb port to the watch, but is magnetized connection to watch (not secure) so if you charge by powerbank and carry around, may not charge properly.

Junken

Reaction score
I ride a bike to explore the city too.. to help in navigating i used my phone and switch on the Waze or Google map, use with my bluetooth earphones and let the voice navigation leads me to my destination. Sometimes may get confused by the directions, especially at round abouts. But generally still okay for riding on motor bike.

yeah, my friend told me he does that too.

even with smartwatch, i don't look literally at the maps, but more of the notification tab where it counts down the metres to turn. so i face the same problem as you at roundabouts. sometimes count liao still end up wrong one.

btw i would think google maps in vietnam quite ok/reliable for city areas but not so much for other areas. bad experience when using google maps and riding when i was in dalat. really bring me to completely wrong place a few times.

Junken

Reaction score

wah piang these days still got people (especially us kiasu sinkies) change money at airport one meh? we all know these bank rates damn bad one leh. have to go money changers mah. if you were to compare local singapore money changer vs vietnam money changer, i don't think the rates differ that much.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, my friend told me he does that too.

even with smartwatch, i don't look literally at the maps, but more of the notification tab where it counts down the metres to turn. so i face the same problem as you at roundabouts. sometimes count liao still end up wrong one.

btw i would think google maps in vietnam quite ok/reliable for city areas but not so much for other areas. bad experience when using google maps and riding when i was in dalat. really bring me to completely wrong place a few times.
Da lat has too many "off roads"

Still can ride but need to use "agar-rey-sion"

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

fortunehunter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna ask on Vietjet payment. I know that paying with Master/Visa/AMEX will incur a $14 charge. I noticed there is an option of paying through booking office. Under their service tab, i found a Singapore Booking Agent. Are both the same whereby i can pay thru them for the same ticket fee and without any booking fee?

If not, is there any way to bypass this additional fee?

Not sure about the payment.
But my piece of advise, not to take vietjet.
Vietjet are infested with those kampong aunty in tour groups. is noisy.

grapewall

Reaction score

I agree. Try not to take Viet jet. I took only once and already put off. The terminal 4 at changi for Viet jet is strict on the hand luggage weight and the check itself. Then the flight is delayed by 2 hours, which i believed is the slow take off from vietnam side. You know how bo chup they are on punctuality. Then at hcm airport, no aero bridge. Still have to get down and take a bus to the terminal. The worst is on my return flight, the system allowed me to do online check in and even issued me a seat, only to deny me at the immigration that this is not check in! Wtf!

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Even from SG-Hanoi and vice versa? But no other airlines are close to vietjet at $227 w/o luggage le. Asking for a fren who missed the sale i got but wanna join me.

I agree. Try not to take Viet jet. I took only once and already put off. The terminal 4 at changi for Viet jet is strict on the hand luggage weight and the check itself. Then the flight is delayed by 2 hours, which i believed is the slow take off from vietnam side. You know how bo chup they are on punctuality. Then at hcm airport, no aero bridge. Still have to get down and take a bus to the terminal. The worst is on my return flight, the system allowed me to do online check in and even issued me a seat, only to deny me at the immigration that this is not check in! Wtf!

Wow, that is bad. Since im taking SIA, i was thinking of letting my fren check in his small lugagge with me for to and fro. But im not sure of flight conditions at hanoi airport side though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.