Where to repair my iMac keyboard like this?

gutpunch

Banned
Reaction score
Going directly to Apple will probably be very expensive so I am looking for a cheaper option but many places (like "Mac Plus" at Clementi and "Budget PC Upgrade & Repair - Jurong Branch") don't seem to do it.

0GUxJgh.jpg

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it really worth repairing vs buying a new one or 2nd hand?

bluemint

Reaction score
Over the years I have bought a few refurbished ones from TaoBao. They are as good as new with minor scratches (mostly on the underside.)

Yah... I destroy keyboards very fast.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cos not worth buying a new one for more than $100 when this is still perfectly usable :(
is it worth it to repair if the repair cost is close to the cost of buying a new one? no right. since it is perfectly usable, just use?if not glue it back?

gutpunch

Banned
Reaction score
is it worth it to repair if the repair cost is close to the cost of buying a new one? no right. since it is perfectly usable, just use?if not glue it back?

that's why i'm looking for cheap repair (like maybe less than half the cost of buying new one) since it's just the frame dropped out, and hoping they know how to do it better than me whether glue or not.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's why i'm looking for cheap repair (like maybe less than half the cost of buying new one) since it's just the frame dropped out, and hoping they know how to do it better than me whether glue or not.

Given new one only cost 129.

Doubt even lying 1/2 the cost to repair is worth it.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was hoping for much less than half (since as mentioned it's just the frame dropped out)
Think if you go around find those repair shop that may be willing to do it may still just glue it back without actually legitimately knowing how to do it. Does it ever make sense to pay for that? Not sure.

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Short of trying to repair it, why don't you consider buying a better keyboard? Try a mechanical for example. They may cost more but offer a better typing experience. They last longer too.

Going directly to Apple will probably be very expensive so I am looking for a cheaper option but many places (like "Mac Plus" at Clementi and "Budget PC Upgrade & Repair - Jurong Branch") don't seem to do it.

0GUxJgh.jpg

gutpunch

Banned
Reaction score
Think if you go around find those repair shop that may be willing to do it may still just glue it back without actually legitimately knowing how to do it. Does it ever make sense to pay for that? Not sure.

if the price is low then why not as long as it looks and works like before?

Short of trying to repair it, why don't you consider buying a better keyboard? Try a mechanical for example. They may cost more but offer a better typing experience. They last longer too.

prefer original more compatible, nothing wrong with typing experience and it lasts except the frame dropped out due to my own careless mishandling.

I got a spare keyboard. PM me.

thanks but the reason i don't want to buy another one is cos it still works.

gutpunch

Banned
Reaction score
Why don’t you go find a repair shop and ask them if they are willing to glue it back for you for a small fee?

i guess those who know (or are confident) how to do it would have offered that option already instead of telling me can't repair, in which case will be quite unsafe for me to suggest since they might become defensive and say no promises but still must pay ah

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i guess those who know (or are confident) how to do it would have offered that option already instead of telling me can't repair, in which case will be quite unsafe for me to suggest since they might become defensive and say no promises but still must pay ah
Then I guess you have answered your own qns

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.