MBP2018 Short Battery Life

sonicbas

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just gotten a discontinued MBP2018 from best denki recently.

It is a new set but seems like the battery life is only lasting about 5-6 hours each full charge.

is this cause for concern since the advertised duration is 10 hours?

sorry for the noob question.

Thanks in advance! :s12:

PetPet

Reaction score
Are you using chrome?
Don't use chrome.
Use Safari.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you using chrome?
Don't use chrome.
Use Safari.

Wow. Short sweet and best answer.

Hi all,

I just gotten a discontinued MBP2018 from best denki recently.

It is a new set but seems like the battery life is only lasting about 5-6 hours each full charge.

is this cause for concern since the advertised duration is 10 hours?

sorry for the noob question.

Thanks in advance! :s12:

Please kindly check your cycle count.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonicbas

Reaction score

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just don't use chrome or use chrome with a tab suspender.

sonicbas

Reaction score
just don't use chrome or use chrome with a tab suspender.

on it! thanks guys! :s12:

I downloaded the battery health 2 app and it says that the health is at 101%?

I guess its my usage habits that's causing the battery to drain much faster? or maybe I'm paranoid? :s11:

PetPet

Reaction score
Don't have to worry about it.
Just relax and enjoy your Mac.

If you're worried about why your battery life isn't as advertised, then you should consider using Safari (without Flash).

This is how Apple came to their conclusion that their Macbooks could run upto 10 hours.

Apple said:
Testing conducted by Apple in June 2019 using preproduction 1.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. Testing conducted by Apple in April 2019 using preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD; and preproduction 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.