Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FC Copenhagen manager launches bizarre tirade at Manchester United star Jesse Lingard

The current manager of FC Copenhagen - Stale Solbakken - blasted the Man Utd star following the 1-1 draw against Arsenal.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's former international teammate and current manager of FC Copenhagen Stale Solbakken has blasted Jesse Lingard, labelling him the Achilles heel of the current Manchester United team.

His comments came after United were held to a 1-1 draw by Arsenal at Old Trafford with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang cancelling out Scott McTominay's terrific opener.

Lingard started in the centre of the forward three but failed to impress and was substituted in the 74th minute.

Another poor showing only fuelled criticism of the England international who is yet to score or assist in the Premier League during 2019.

Solbakken didn't hold back and blasted the 26-year-old for his recent performances.

"I can't remember the last time I saw Jesse Lingard playing a good match, I actually can't.

"He is truly an Achilles heel for this United team.

"He should be in between the lines, feed the striker with smart passes, run in behind. He has a very central role in the team, because he has kind of a free role behind the striker, he should be an important link in the team.

"But if you notice today, he never combines with his teammates, nor does he run in behind, Rashford has to do this every single time."

Former Fulham defender Brede Hangeland agreed with Solbakken's comments, believing that Lingard's position is one of the most important on the field.

"Stale is absolutely right of course, this is perhaps the most important position offensively in a team, if you look at the other clubs who they have in that position, [Roberto] Firmino in Liverpool, Kevin De Bruyne in City," he added.

"You should have your best player in that position, not an invisible one."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/jesse-lingard-man-utd-arsenal-17014986

There are several Man Utd players when they started playing became invisible. Whether they play or don't play do not make much difference.

Last edited:

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What happened to Tottenham? Lost 7-2 to Bayern Munich while playing at home.

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember this... fans endured 3-4 horrendous years under Fergie before the wins and trophies came

19150730-0-image-a-92_1569927807971.jpg

Read: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ck-time-Man-United-started-season-poorly.html
Fergie had to clear out the partying and booze culture in that team -Paul McGrath, Norman Whiteside, etc.....

Now Ole has to find a way to fix the hairdos, hip-hop, social media whoring - pogba, lingard, rashford
and overaged retirees - matic, mata, (not so)young

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a United fan, i’m selfish and want him to stay and achieve things. For him i hope he goes somewhere else and win things, he deserves better and he knows it himself. I have a lot of affection for him because he was at the club since 16 and came back here but no one could really anticipate the club’s situation to be like this. I would say if he could leave tomorrow, he gladly would

Exactly. He is being played so deep behind, one could argue he was the CDM. I'm more curious as to why Ole did not go back to the 433 that did so well last season. The moment he changed to a 4231.. thats where the winless runs and losses started. And continued this season.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone blame pogba for wanting to leave when he is getting so much insults he is fed up of it too

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Our travelling squad: David De Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant; Diogo Dalot, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Axel Tuanzebe, Marcos Rojo, Brandon Williams; Scott McTominay, Nemanja Matic, Fred, James Garner, Andreas Pereira, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Angel Gomes, Daniel James; Tahith Chong, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Decision now made on Pogba and he hasn’t travelled. Martial, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka and Jones also out.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
taking off during Rochdale match at half time and still got more passes den Lingard remember?

although i wont be surprised if he got injured while sitting on the bench :s13:
the heck happened to Jones? seat on bench and got injured?

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This Jones... play 1 game, injured 3 games kind. Really earning good money eh. Just got his contract renewed. He must be thinking he was laughing in his sleep when Ed calls up him and told him that his contract is renewing.

Wonder why Smalling was the one being pushed out instead of Jones?

the heck happened to Jones? seat on bench and got injured?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wanna push him out also must got club want him

even with subsidy, his salary will be too much for a lot of clubs with the num of games he is fit for

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wanna push him out also must got club want him

even with subsidy, his salary will be too much for a lot of clubs with the num of games he is fit for

It’s like paying for a cup of Kopi but only getting a quarter of the cup :s13:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has branded the pitch for Manchester United's Europa League clash with AZ Alkmaar "one of the worst" he has seen.

You know who or what to blame if we lose tmr.. just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.