iPhone Chinese Entertainment Apps

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried subscribing to 酷喵 VIP but upgrading from youku VIP but it keep.asking for a China bank card. I tried to use a friend webchat China account to pay but it also wouldn't allow me me to do that.

Can you advise how you did it?

My WeChat wallet still got RMB 2500 so I can pay for the VIP myself under Android phone. But I have not upgraded to 酷喵影视VIP myself.

You have Youku VIP already and want to upgrade? How did you pay for Youku VIP previously?

I think this may be problematic.

Try the website to see if that works or not.
https://h5.vip.youku.com/upgrade_vip?activityCode=buy_h5

Right now under my Android phone, I do not see option to just pay for the upgrade, rather you have to pay for 酷喵影视 VIP in full.

Now there is a promotion to pay for quarterly VIP at RMB70 and Yearly VIP at RMB239.

One possible solution.
Say you have installed 酷喵影视VIP on the TV box, get your friend to scan the QR code using his/her WeChat QR code scan function. Then pay for the VIP from his/her mobile phone. The only thing is that now the VIP is linked to your friend’s WeChat account.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried subscribing to 酷喵 VIP by upgrading from youku VIP but it keep.asking for a China bank card. I tried to use a friend webchat China account to pay but it also wouldn't allow me me to do that.

Can you advise how you did it?

If you already have Youku VIP, another option is to install HappyCast乐播投屏 on the TV box and use DLNA Cast from phone. Then you do not need to pay for 酷喵影视VIP. Video quality may be limited to 1080p in this case.

XER

Reaction score
My WeChat wallet still got RMB 2500 so I can pay for the VIP myself under Android phone. But I have not upgraded to 酷喵影视VIP myself.

You have Youku VIP already and want to upgrade? How did you pay for Youku VIP previously?

I think this may be problematic.

Try the website to see if that works or not.
https://h5.vip.youku.com/upgrade_vip?activityCode=buy_h5

Right now under my Android phone, I do not see option to just pay for the upgrade, rather you have to pay for 酷喵影视 VIP in full.

Now there is a promotion to pay for quarterly VIP at RMB70 and Yearly VIP at RMB239.

One possible solution.
Say you have installed 酷喵影视VIP on the TV box, get your friend to scan the QR code using his/her WeChat QR code scan function. Then pay for the VIP from his/her mobile phone. The only thing is that now the VIP is linked to your friend’s WeChat account.

I paid using apply store. Going to try getting my friend to scan the QR and see if it works. He even tried sending me an angpao but when I go to receive it ask for a China bank card.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't use IOs to pay for youtv because its installed on the android box.

You should be able to do that.

Youku account is linked, no matter it is on the PC, Android phone, Android TV box or iOS device.

How do you registered for Youku? I assume you register with your Singapore mobile number.

On your iPhone Youku, TOP left corner there is a QR code scan function, use that to scan the QR code on the Android TV box (酷喵影视app). Then you should be able to log in.

Sometimes you may need to log in using your Singapore mobile number and one time SMS as well.

If you have existing Youku VIP it will show the status on the 酷喵影视 app as well.

Then pay using iOS in-app purchase for 酷喵影视VIP on your iPhone. You should be able to see the VIP status on the Android TV box.

Last edited:

ahger_2311

Reaction score
Just curious, can we use daifu for Youku 酷喵影视??
Cuz my fren has Alipay.. but I don't see where is the option to daifu

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, can we use daifu for Youku 酷喵影视??
Cuz my fren has Alipay.. but I don't see where is the option to daifu

Using iOS is easier.

Try this to see if it works on your Android phone..

Temporarily install Alipay on your Android phone and ask your friend to log in with his account.

Under Youku app on your Android phone, pay for the 酷喵影视VIP using Alipay.

Uninstall Alipay.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how come i see option to pay via Paypal now?
means it's accessible to international users?

https://vip.iqiyi.com/pcw_vip_privilege.html

BTW, is it safe to download the PC client for Iqiyi..
it says it's totally free for 1080p vieewing and I am fine with that.

Last edited:

ahger_2311

Reaction score
Hi. Just to check, those who have Youku vip or 酷喵影视, are you still able to watch geo locked shows without the need for china vpn?

firebrand83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm struggling with youku

1. If I want vip do I use their app or website?
2. How to cast to Chromecast using app?
3. Is it true no need vpn after pay?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just to check, those who have Youku vip or 酷喵影视, are you still able to watch geo locked shows without the need for china vpn?

Yes, at least most of the shows. I encountered a few shows still locked though.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm struggling with youku

1. If I want vip do I use their app or website?
2. How to cast to Chromecast using app?
3. Is it true no need vpn after pay?

If you are using iPhone, use the app and in-app purchase to pay. But if you do not have iOS device, then you have a problem to get VIP unless you have working wechat wallet.

It does not support Chromecast. You can use Android TV box for TV.

Yes it is true that no VPN is needed for most of the show. I encountered a few shows still locked though. One of the recent shows is 长安十二时辰.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI, I have renewed VIP subscription for QQ Music for two years. And Youku VIP for one year. But now I mainly use my Android phone Huawei P20 because it has better Audio Video performance than my 4 year old iPhone 6S.

Then I notice that QQ Music and Xiami Music start to have more and more songs getting geo-locked and not available in Singapore even though I have VIP for both. Solution is simple, just use the free version of Transock and the songs will be available.

Last edited:

firebrand83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are using iPhone, use the app and in-app purchase to pay. But if you do not have iOS device, then you have a problem to get VIP unless you have working wechat wallet.

It does not support Chromecast. You can use Android TV box for TV.

Yes it is true that no VPN is needed for most of the show. I encountered a few shows still locked though. One of the recent shows is 长安十二时辰.

I used the inapp purchase method but I am still not registering as a VIP in the app any idea why

Frustrated 😞

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used the inapp purchase method but I am still not registering as a VIP in the app any idea why

Frustrated 😞

No idea then.

You may want to post the detailed steps how you log in to the app and how you pay for the VIP. Screenshots may help as well.

Usual steps:
1) log in using your Singapore phone number on iPhone, SMS verification is needed.
2) pay for the VIP using in-app purchase
3) test the VIP on your iPhone
4) if you pay for 酷喵VIP, test your VIP on Android TV boxes -- you need to log in by using your iPhone Youku app by scanning the QR code on the TV screen

firebrand83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No idea then.

You may want to post the detailed steps how you log in to the app and how you pay for the VIP. Screenshots may help as well.

Usual steps:
1) log in using your Singapore phone number on iPhone, SMS verification is needed.
2) pay for the VIP using in-app purchase
3) test the VIP on your iPhone
4) if you pay for 酷喵VIP, test your VIP on Android TV boxes -- you need to log in by using your iPhone Youku app by scanning the QR code on the TV screen

I scanned using my qr code on my android phone

My main access is in ipad though, and I used the in app method to buy one month which ios says successful but yk doesn't register it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.