iPhone XS Esim question

Ian

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So if i put one physical SIM card in + 1 eSim,
Will I still be contactable with 2 numbers?

Yes. Of course!
Both number is contactable.
I'm using this setup on my iPhone XS Max.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I jumped from Singtel to M1, connectivity still ok. I didn't encounter any sudden lose of connection.

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
I jumped from Singtel to M1, connectivity still ok. I didn't encounter any sudden lose of connection.

With so many switching out to M1, I am surprised and disgusted by Singtel’s resistance towards eSIM for reasons best known to themselves
Resistance is futile as one day Apple may go all eSIM on their phones

boliao45

Reaction score
Give it one more month then complain...

With so many switching out to M1, I am surprised and disgusted by Singtel’s resistance towards eSIM for reasons best known to themselves

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That’s why I say Apple should just remove physical SIM and shift all the telcos in the world to support eSIM on top of current physical SIM.

The only way telco needs is getting forced.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

keechiu

Reaction score
Not everyone uses iphone. Probably the no. of users who are using iPhone and who needs the esim feature is too little to justify why they should invest in the technology. Not all iphone XS/11 users wants the esim as they only have 1 mobile line and are fine with using the physical slot.

Should say M1 really did a brave move.

That’s why I say Apple should just remove physical SIM and shift all the telcos in the world to support eSIM on top of current physical SIM.

The only way telco needs is getting forced.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not everyone uses iphone. Probably the no. of users who are using iPhone and who needs the esim feature is too little to justify why they should invest in the technology. Not all iphone XS/11 users wants the esim as they only have 1 mobile line and are fine with using the physical slot.

Should say M1 really did a brave move.
It doesn't matter who uses or not. Apple is a market mover. There are Android with eSIM support but not shaking up the market. If Apple goes into no physical SIM mode, which I am not surprised due to their obsession of removing ports, they will force telco to provide eSIM immediately.

A lot of them have the infrastructure but are holding back right now.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who uses or not. Apple is a market mover. There are Android with eSIM support but not shaking up the market. If Apple goes into no physical SIM mode, which I am not surprised due to their obsession of removing ports, they will force telco to provide eSIM immediately.

AS much as I believe Apple got a lot of clout, if telcos don't play ball, they r gg.

It will only work if Apply can ensure before launch that majority of telcos will play ball.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AS much as I believe Apple got a lot of clout, if telcos don't play ball, they r gg.

It will only work if Apply can ensure before launch that majority of telcos will play ball.

Telcos move when Apple moves. Telcos earn more money selling iPhones than any other phones. If Apple transit to full eSIM which is soon, any telco who doesn’t adopt eSIM will be at the losing ends.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Apple actually work closely with telcos instead of giving a dam to them.

But end of the day, telcos decide what is best for them.

Apple doesn’t give a dam to telco. Telco either follow or lose out in revenue. Apple is a market mover for technology.

Last edited:

keechiu

Reaction score
Imo Apple is a supplier/vendor, telcos are like middleman who bring in the phones from suppliers to sell to customers like you and me.

Middleman don’t have to be forced to make changes base on what the suppliers decide to do to their products. If Apple decides to completely remove physical SIM but telcos don’t intend to change, it doesn’t affect telcos but the customers because we won’t be able to use the latest iPhone anymore. And customers like us can only LLST and use other phones since no player supports esim. The one losing will be Apple as they won’t be able to sell their new phones to a country that have zero telco supporting esim, while our telco can get on with life and nothing gonna change.

Just a illustration.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple doesn’t give a dam to telco. Telco either follow or lose out in revenue. Apple is a market mover for technology.
As much as I may be an Apple user and a supporter like you, I’m trying to be a bit more realistic.

For one, I don’t know how you can be so sure that Apple doesn’t give a damn about telcos.

Who knows maybe behind the scenes, there’s a lot of effort from them to work with telcos to ensure whatever they are pushed out is being supported.

It takes 2 hands to clap.

You are only a market mover for technology if telco supports it, if not nobody will even know what’s Apple.

Wildreamz

Reaction score
This question has already been answered many times in this thread if you bothered to back track a few pages earlier.

Not sure how many pages is "a few pages" but I scroll back to 60 using crt+f each time to look for the key word "format".

The only instance it came up doesn't seem related: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/122845855-post963.html

But I found a solution independently: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/esim-dual-sim-q-a.2150226/

In short, yes, eSIM survives a restore/reformat. Good to know.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.