[OFFICIAL] LG V50

Dhalsim

Reaction score
Guys, just a word of caution, I have been using the dual screen but many of the Tempered glass is just too thick to close the dual screen.

And last week, my V50 came crashing down onto the ground, V50 screen side first, now screen got one big crack. :(
Try to find a thin tempered glass that can fit in the dual screen case sigh.

Now using a note10+(company), feel boring compared to V50. And that on screen fingerprint sensor, slow compared to the physical one on V50.

Some Photos from my V50, all Food LOL

Its good actually, I never felt that it was not good enough or lacking in any areas, I had a lot of fun with it. Photos turn out good for me and very pleasing in color.

Naturally if you read reviews online like DXO mark, there are other phones that are 'better', ultimately depends on what you like.

The V50 is not just a 'my camera is good' phone, its also a music, video, focused phone. With the added feature of dual screen AND 5G support.

Ouch! Feel for u sia.... Thanks for the caution. Can try using those gel type screen protector

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, just a word of caution, I have been using the dual screen but many of the Tempered glass is just too thick to close the dual screen.

And last week, my V50 came crashing down onto the ground, V50 screen side first, now screen got one big crack. :(
Try to find a thin tempered glass that can fit in the dual screen case sigh.

Now using a note10+(company), feel boring compared to V50. And that on screen fingerprint sensor, slow compared to the physical one on V50.

Some Photos from my V50, all Food LOL

Its good actually, I never felt that it was not good enough or lacking in any areas, I had a lot of fun with it. Photos turn out good for me and very pleasing in color.

Naturally if you read reviews online like DXO mark, there are other phones that are 'better', ultimately depends on what you like.

The V50 is not just a 'my camera is good' phone, its also a music, video, focused phone. With the added feature of dual screen AND 5G support.

wah.... that's sad.... given that i also very careless with my phone....

anyway in terms of camera i felt LG has never disappointed... I used to have LG G3 and LG V30+ (now using V30+), and i always liked the photo. I think the wide angle is really damn good..

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of my friend developing a new type of closed planar magnetic earphone, he's reaching near the final stage of design. i tried my V50 with his prototype and its mind mindbogglingly good :D

https://www.danicolabs.com/

Definitely look better and comfortable than the isine. haha. Soundwise? Isine has been compared to full sized headphones. How much is he looking at also?

About dropping the dual screen, happened to me today. Phone quite heavy and big but lucky just a bit of scratch at the corner of the case. I don't have large hands to properly hold it. After that I'm thinking of buying those sticker ring or something similar so I can have a grip of it.

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can this LG V50 or coming release V60 run dual apps pokemon... like opening 2 pokemon accounts.?

Hoping for user input here.... Kamsia hamida....

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dual app depends on the app developer I think. So far I know only whatsapp can.

eddy0505

Reaction score
wah.... that's sad.... given that i also very careless with my phone....

anyway in terms of camera i felt LG has never disappointed... I used to have LG G3 and LG V30+ (now using V30+), and i always liked the photo. I think the wide angle is really damn good..

Just a tip. Fold your dual screen backwards when putting in pockets. Works well when I applied tempered glass on both sides :)

Dhalsim

Reaction score
Just a tip. Fold your dual screen backwards when putting in pockets. Works well when I applied tempered glass on both sides :)

Thanks, just ordered 2x screen protectors for front and back.

The phone should arrive next week.

Dhalsim

Reaction score
Bought the screen protector from EZbuy.

Status from Qoo10 says that the phone is out for delivery woohoo!

eddy0505

Reaction score
Bought the screen protector from EZbuy.

Status from Qoo10 says that the phone is out for delivery woohoo!

Congrats. Share with us your experience buying from upsystem. Might get a used set for my friend if it's good.

Dhalsim

Reaction score
Just opened it and setting up now. Looks brand new, plus the second screen comes sealed.

Spent a few mins to set it to English but looks good. No regrets

Dhalsim

Reaction score
After 24hrs of usage, my review as follows:

Cons
- heavy phone
- battery life not good enough for me(with 2nd screen attached)
- charging time too slow for me (thats because i used oppo and used to 30 mins fast charge)
- awkward way to hold the phone like a book and typing, but can fold the second screen backwards and hold it normally
- havent found a good use case for the second screen(but im sure it exists)

Pros
- fantastic camera and photo features
- phone is well built and feels premium
- eye catching and centre of attention
- came attached with screen protector already
- can be used in tent mode or like a mini laptop
- sound quality from the speakers are great
- super responsive phone, no lag in any apps so far,even with second screen.

And yes, it is possible to run 2 seperate instances of apps at the same time(as different user)

Sent from LGE LM-V500N using GAGT

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian mine just at delivery center nia. haven't fly out of korea yet.

kazxenon

Reaction score

(Facepalm)
Oh man, i seriously feel dumb now :(

Will do that the next time if i get the V50 again

After 24hrs of usage, my review as follows:

Cons
- heavy phone
- battery life not good enough for me(with 2nd screen attached)
- charging time too slow for me (thats because i used oppo and used to 30 mins fast charge)
- awkward way to hold the phone like a book and typing, but can fold the second screen backwards and hold it normally
- havent found a good use case for the second screen(but im sure it exists)

Pros
- fantastic camera and photo features
- phone is well built and feels premium
- eye catching and centre of attention
- came attached with screen protector already
- can be used in tent mode or like a mini laptop
- sound quality from the speakers are great
- super responsive phone, no lag in any apps so far,even with second screen.

And yes, it is possible to run 2 seperate instances of apps at the same time(as different user)

Sent from LGE LM-V500N using GAGT

It took me a while to get used to the dual screen, kind of have to force myself to use and from there found use cases for it and integrated it into my daily job.

Battery life, try to disable some of the korean apps, especially the korean KT app store, it should improve a lot after a few days, even with dual screen

Wah the oppo really so fast?
I remember qualcomm put the V50 also support QC 4.0, maybe thats faster?
I couldn't really get a QC4.0 charger to try though.

calvinchoy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently a v30 user and still loves it, compared to Samsung/Apple....

May I know if the v50 dual screen front display any notification or date/time?

Since it is a unit from Korea how do we update the firmware?

Thanks

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.