Fraudulent charges

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone being charged for transaction not made?

This morning is the first time I received message that my card has been charged ..... $1.29 only for smrt use at 6.53 am.

Dumb company asked my to check with smrt. Told them that I am not going to do what they asked :s13: Company more dumb to say they will investigate the matter and reply me within 60 days. For $1.29 :s22:

I have NEVER used my card since Aug 2013 and my last statement received was Sep 2013 and all 3 sup cards are in my drawer! They said I will received replacement cards within 3 days while they check.

I am shocked when I woke up at 7.50 am.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
Mostly due to your mistake that you did not take out your card to tap.

It is your loss if you did not call. SMRT will get their money one way or another.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mostly due to your mistake that you did not take out your card to tap.

It is your loss if you did not call. SMRT will get their money one way or another.

How could tap wrongly. My cards are all at home since never used for years.

And I already said that I woke up at 7.50 when the card was used at 6.54

Last edited:

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score

This morning is the first time I received message that my card has been charged ..... $1.29 only for smrt use at 6.53 am.

Dumb company asked my to check with smrt. Told them that I am not going to do what they asked :s13: Company more dumb to say they will investigate the matter and reply me within 60 days. For $1.29 :s22:

I have NEVER used my card since Aug 2013 and my last statement received was Sep 2013 and all 3 sup cards are in my drawer! They said I will received replacement cards within 3 days while they check.

Lodge a report
U use app for tpt payment?

cassowary18

Reaction score
File a charge back claim. There's a thread in this forum on how to do it.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/credit-cards-line-credit-facilities-243/credit-card-chargeback-guide-5370558-new-post.html

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the sms doesnt come immediately. For e.g., DBS sms will be sent at 6 plus for the usage the day before. So key thing is to indeed verify that you or somebody had not accidentally bring the card out and tap the on the bus/train and is not in your phone wallet.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the sms doesnt come immediately. For e.g., DBS sms will be sent at 6 plus for the usage the day before. So key thing is to indeed verify that you or somebody had not accidentally bring the card out and tap the on the bus/train and is not in your phone wallet.

Already mentioned that card was used at 6.53 and message was received instantly at 6.54 and I woke up at 7.50 to discover :s13:

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Load your card details into SimplyGo app and check bus/MRT transaction history to see if it's really a transport payment.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Load your card details into SimplyGo app and check bus/MRT transaction history to see if it's really a transport payment.

No need. My sms already mentioned it's transport payment. Called the bank, also said smrt charge.

What SimplyGo when I drive? :s13:

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already mentioned that card was used at 6.53 and message was received instantly at 6.54 and I woke up at 7.50 to discover :s13:

usage shld not be 6.53.

As i said, the card will only be charged the next day for the prior day usage. is accumulated on a daily basis. some banks dont even send the notification.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usage shld not be 6.53.

As i said, the card will only be charged the next day for the prior day usage. is accumulated on a daily basis. some banks dont even send the notification.

6.53 is not the usage. It's the time the card was used this morning. 6.54 is the time of message I received. And the charge is $1.29.

What you said is not applicable in my case. Based on the message the charge should be instant, not next day.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
someone find your lonely card and decide to bring it for a ride .:s8:

Yes my card very very lonely :s13:

Together with 3 sup cards, they are in my drawer for years without getting out :s13:

And they are brand new, and the bank will be sending me replacement cards soon :s13:

therat

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes my card very very lonely :s13:

Together with 3 sup cards, they are in my drawer for years without getting out :s13:

And they are brand new, and the bank will be sending me replacement cards soon :s13:

why dont u cancel the card since not in use.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My UOB debit card also got charged before while in my drawer and never used before. You are not alone. Luckily my phone received sms that it was first time used so I called and got my money back.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score

So the card was not in your drawer for so many years waiting for replacement?

man, you should listen to us.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.