ITE Higher Nitec To Poly Via JPAE or DAE

Jhin1999

Reaction score
Hi I’m a Higher Nitec Science Student. My current cumulative GPA is 2.05 exclusive of my GPA Advantage of 0.15. So altogether will be 2.2. I wish to ask if this is possible to at least poly course. I’m a progression student so I studied Nitec and Higher Nitec. If I were not to get into a poly course do I stand a chance in appealing for a course?
I know that there is a option in JPAE stating that i can be offered a poly course unless I meet their requirements and vacancies, they will offer a place. So I was since I’m a science student , are they gonna offer me a course not related to my options maybe engineering or business related courses?
I am here to seek help , advices or thoughts on this situation.
Thanks

Idme231

Reaction score
Hi I’m a Higher Nitec Science Student. My current cumulative GPA is 2.05 exclusive of my GPA Advantage of 0.15. So altogether will be 2.2. I wish to ask if this is possible to at least poly course. I’m a progression student so I studied Nitec and Higher Nitec. If I were not to get into a poly course do I stand a chance in appealing for a course?
I know that there is a option in JPAE stating that i can be offered a poly course unless I meet their requirements and vacancies, they will offer a place. So I was since I’m a science student , are they gonna offer me a course not related to my options maybe engineering or business related courses?
I am here to seek help , advices or thoughts on this situation.
Thanks

When are you graduating? I believe your CCA points is not counted for your entry into poly.
and some facts is that the CEA (or other places) has taken Higher Nitec as a O level with 4 Passes (Not sure for others). So GPA is also a key to entry into poly.
I dont think they will be that bad to intro you a course that you dont specialize because it is not related as a entry requirement in the first place since you mentioned you as a science student... You also need to work hard for JPAE Such as interview and portfolio of yourself and compete with the O level students, my Ex Classmates did the same and they entered into their course of their choice, so it gonna be a long way, do seek help with the ECG councilors if in doubt.

Last edited:

Jhin1999

Reaction score
When are you graduating? I believe your CCA points is not counted for your entry into poly.
and some facts is that the CEA (or other places) has taken Higher Nitec as a O level with 4 Passes (Not sure for others). So GPA is also a key to entry into poly.
I dont think they will be that bad to intro you a course that you dont specialize because it is not related as a entry requirement in the first place since you mentioned you as a science student... You also need to work hard for JPAE Such as interview and portfolio of yourself and compete with the O level students, my Ex Classmates did the same and they entered into their course of their choice, so it gonna be a long way, do seek help with the ECG councilors if in doubt.
I will be graduating next year March or April. Yea I’m a science student but I’m afraid I won’t be getting a course since my GPA is 2.0 only. Their minimum entry requirement is 2.0 so I could enter but it’s quite hard as I’m competing with other students as well. Hopefully they could at least offer me a poly course even if it’s not one of my choices. I did find the ECG councillors too , they say my chances of getting a course is quite low so if I can’t get a course offer in JPAE I will try to go to every poly possible to appeal for a course or try DAE. Your friend got into a course in poly even though his or her GPA is low as mine?

Idme231

Reaction score
I will be graduating next year March or April. Yea I’m a science student but I’m afraid I won’t be getting a course since my GPA is 2.0 only. Their minimum entry requirement is 2.0 so I could enter but it’s quite hard as I’m competing with other students as well. Hopefully they could at least offer me a poly course even if it’s not one of my choices. I did find the ECG councillors too , they say my chances of getting a course is quite low so if I can’t get a course offer in JPAE I will try to go to every poly possible to appeal for a course or try DAE. Your friend got into a course in poly even though his or her GPA is low as mine?

Nope. Their score is higher than yours. They wish to secure the place earlier cause their choice is in SP and since SP is difficult to enter.

Jhin1999

Reaction score
Nope. Their score is higher than yours. They wish to secure the place earlier cause their choice is in SP and since SP is difficult to enter.

Oh I was planning on putting my 3rd choice , 4th choice and 5th choice as the 3rd , 4th and 5th choices average intake band is 2.000-2.499 as it might boost a little chance of getting in to the course. I was thinking of putting Food Nutrition and Culinary Science as my first choice although their average intake band is 2.500-2.999. If I can’t even get a poly course in JPAE I will think about appealing on the day the JPAE day result releases. Going to every poly courses to appeal.

Idme231

Reaction score
Oh I was planning on putting my 3rd choice , 4th choice and 5th choice as the 3rd , 4th and 5th choices average intake band is 2.000-2.499 as it might boost a little chance of getting in to the course. I was thinking of putting Food Nutrition and Culinary Science as my first choice although their average intake band is 2.500-2.999. If I can’t even get a poly course in JPAE I will think about appealing on the day the JPAE day result releases. Going to every poly courses to appeal.

All the best. Which poly do u aim to go?

Jhin1999

Reaction score
Realistically for my result is most likely RP is my highest chance for my poly choice , I really wanted TP , I gonna put 1 or 2 choices of TP in my JPAE choices. Most likely I put TP as my first choice and other 7 RP courses.

Jhin1999

Reaction score

Thanks :) , I can’t get a poly offer in JPAE , I try to appeal in DAE or maybe the day the JPAE results release I go appeal for courses in every poly available

Idme231

Reaction score
Thanks :) , I can’t get a poly offer in JPAE , I try to appeal in DAE or maybe the day the JPAE results release I go appeal for courses in every poly available

All the best, just aim what can you wan to learn.

Realistically for my result is most likely RP is my highest chance for my poly choice , I really wanted TP , I gonna put 1 or 2 choices of TP in my JPAE choices. Most likely I put TP as my first choice and other 7 RP courses.

Some of my friends went RP , SP , NYP, NP. Pretty sure non went to TP except my O level friends went there lol. Cause all of us from engineering, so most of them aim for SP.
But i didnt even apply cause i know they gonna give me **** poly admissions So went other courses instead, dont even need to bother to compete.

Jhin1999

Reaction score
All the best, just aim what can you wan to learn.

Some of my friends went RP , SP , NYP, NP. Pretty sure non went to TP except my O level friends went there lol. Cause all of us from engineering, so most of them aim for SP.
But i didnt even apply cause i know they gonna give me **** poly admissions So went other courses instead, dont even need to bother to compete.
Ohh , I really wanted to go to TP since there is courses I’m interested in and It’s quite near to my house haha , but I need to realistic on my GPA as well so I will try to TP , RP or NYP if possible. I will try my best to push my GPA up a little in my last semester. I asked one of my teacher and peers they say I’m still possible to get into a poly course but not the choices I wanted. If I can even get a poly course I will feel grateful already.

strawberryboomboom

Reaction score
Do you have any semesters left? If yes, try raising your GPA with the remaining semesters.

If I did not recall wrongly, CCA points do count. As for applying, apply all the courses that you can, regardless of school.

I had a friend who only got in AFTER school started for a few days because there was someone who dropped out and she got lucky.

If you're very keen on local poly and don't mind the wait, you can always try applying the next round. If not, another route is to take a private diploma and go straight to private uni. Some private dips and deg are affiliated, so it may only take you total 3 years for both dip and deg, depending on course.

Jhin1999

Reaction score
Do you have any semesters left? If yes, try raising your GPA with the remaining semesters.

If I did not recall wrongly, CCA points do count. As for applying, apply all the courses that you can, regardless of school.

I had a friend who only got in AFTER school started for a few days because there was someone who dropped out and she got lucky.

If you're very keen on local poly and don't mind the wait, you can always try applying the next round. If not, another route is to take a private diploma and go straight to private uni. Some private dips and deg are affiliated, so it may only take you total 3 years for both dip and deg, depending on course.
Yes this is my final semester , I will try to pull up my GPA , my CCA point is 0.15 only I can’t increase to 0.2 already. If I were not to get a poly course I decided to go to NS then after 2 years I try to apply for JPAE again if I still can’t get in I think I will go for Part time diploma instead. That’s another route that I have decided but I will apply for the course that is relevant and courses that I can join with my GPA even if they are not my top picks.

strawberryboomboom

Reaction score
Yes this is my final semester , I will try to pull up my GPA , my CCA point is 0.15 only I can’t increase to 0.2 already. If I were not to get a poly course I decided to go to NS then after 2 years I try to apply for JPAE again if I still can’t get in I think I will go for Part time diploma instead. That’s another route that I have decided but I will apply for the course that is relevant and courses that I can join with my GPA even if they are not my top picks.

Sounds like a plan 👍 all the best! With the right attitude and patience, you will get there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.