Warranty claim for Apple Watch requirement

Spongebob79

Reaction score
I have posted my watch for sale recently and my friend watch too. Both have Apple care purchased and tag to device. Verified warranty check via Apple webpage.

As usual, we both thought device and Apple product had no requirement to retain receipt, so we throw it away. We really have no idea Apple need to keep receipts for warranty claim, though I have Several Apple devices and was never ask to furnish receipt when send in for repair (Apple watch S1 sent in for coating problem)

Both still under warranty. I have received questions about warranty transfer and receipt. Is Receipt required by Apple for warranty claim? Need to transfer Apple care to the new owner ? Please help.

Last edited:

pangsaikang

Reaction score
I have posted my watch for sale recently and my friend watch too. Both have Apple care purchased and tag to device. Verified warranty check via Apple webpage.

As usual, we both thought device and Apple product had no requirement to retain receipt, so we throw it away. We really have no idea Apple need to keep receipts for warranty claim, though I have Several Apple devices and was never ask to furnish receipt when send in for repair (Apple watch S1 sent in for coating problem)

Both still under warranty. I have received questions about warranty transfer and receipt. Is Receipt required by Apple for warranty claim? Need to transfer Apple care to the new owner ? Please help.

have u checked with Apple if AC+ is transferrable to another owner.

coz if im the buyer im taking ur risk that u might cancel the AC+ to get refund w/o my knowledge, buyers just need the assurance.

Usually Apple like u mentioned dont need to view the AC+ receipt when u send for repair unless they suspect ur item is illegal.

mackie8

Reaction score
I bought 2nd hand watch SS series 3 3months ago with applecare plus....
Since there are few scratches on the body I decided to replace it....
Apple didn’t ask for receipt or anything...

Applecare plus i think is attached to the device serial number

Spongebob79

Reaction score
I have chat with Apple service person online and she said receipt good to have, not a must. Not a must. She even help me double check on how to delink, remove and erase the watch from my account.

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought 2nd hand watch SS series 3 3months ago with applecare plus....
Since there are few scratches on the body I decided to replace it....
Apple didn’t ask for receipt or anything...

Applecare plus i think is attached to the device serial number

they allowed you to pay to replace?

thought cannot claim AC+ due to cosmetic?

rohitntu

Reaction score
I don’t think receipts are required. They have a record of when the item was sold, even if it is through an authorised reseller. This is the great thing with Apple service. They genuinely want to help you unlike most other companies who just out source the service and can’t care less.

For me, I walked in with a faulty AirPods earpiece and they replaced for free. No receipt, and I didn’t even remember when exactly I had purchased it. Apple Store is great. Hopefully they open a few more.

PetPet

Reaction score
Receipts are not required.

Source : I replaced my Series 0, 3 times in within 2 years. Under AC+.

1st Exchange — Force Touch went crazy
2nd Exchange — Touch screen unresponsive
3rd Exchange — Stuck at boot screen

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cannot pay even if cosmetic, it needs to be broken before they allow AC+
maybe try the express replacement service online

Yes, I think use express replacement. Get the new watch. If they find nothing wrong with your old one, they will just charge you the full replacement cost of $98

bodohboy

Reaction score
Yes, I think use express replacement. Get the new watch. If they find nothing wrong with your old one, they will just charge you the full replacement cost of $98

So does that mean if I have some ugly scratches on the body and screen but because it’s “cosmetic” issues, I will be denied the exchange? If that’s the case then should I just use a hammer and break the screen so I can get a one to one exchange and pay $98? 😂

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
So does that mean if I have some ugly scratches on the body and screen but because it’s “cosmetic” issues, I will be denied the exchange? If that’s the case then should I just use a hammer and break the screen so I can get a one to one exchange and pay $98? 😂

Yes, u r right.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.