Ask me any questions - Part 2

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Besides the above some hotel can also offer to help as well with 10% surcharge.

Yeah. Hotels offer to buy on behalf as well. But from my experience, no additional costs.
I use them to try for lottery.

But actual buying, i will prefer to do it myself for those competitive concerts etc.
Fastest finger first, wait for time start need to secure tickets, those kind.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, if im staying in Kyoto for the first half of my trip followed by Osaka on the other half, and adding on day trip to Nara.. must i get any special pass for discount? Or just the regular train ticket can liao?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, if im staying in Kyoto for the first half of my trip followed by Osaka on the other half, and adding on day trip to Nara.. must i get any special pass for discount? Or just the regular train ticket can liao?

Just regular can already if only around Kyoto/Osaka + day trip to Nara..Somemore staying in Kyoto..

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to get special pass. Icoca will do.

Täuschung

Reaction score
Hi, going to hokkaido in last week December. Thinking of going niseko, but neither husband nor i are skiing.
1.Will it still be worth it to go niseko?
2.Are there adult sleds for rent so we can play with snow? We played sleds in gula yuzawa couple years back and its fun. But not sure in niseko whether its only small kids who play with it..
3. If we play in these resorts, its not a must to stay in their hotel right? But does that mean it will be super inconvenient to get to the resort, seeing how everyone talk about how bad transport is within hokkaido during winter. we are not driving

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, going to hokkaido in last week December. Thinking of going niseko, but neither husband nor i are skiing.
1.Will it still be worth it to go niseko?
2.Are there adult sleds for rent so we can play with snow? We played sleds in gula yuzawa couple years back and its fun. But not sure in niseko whether its only small kids who play with it..
3. If we play in these resorts, its not a must to stay in their hotel right? But does that mean it will be super inconvenient to get to the resort, seeing how everyone talk about how bad transport is within hokkaido during winter. we are not driving

If you dont intend to ski or snowboard, maybe its not worth it as the hotel rates there is ridiculously high. You can visit the ski resorts there even though you're not staying at the hotels but for sledding only, there are plenty of other, cheaper places.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, need to plan for alternate route. Meanwhile pray that JR East can get the segment between Nagano and Itoigawa up before 17th Oct.

Hokuriku for now Tokyo until Nagano. From here i plan to board a local bus to Hakuba Station > JR Oita to Itoigawa and then Hokuriku to Toyama(not sure if this segment is available, still looking for more info on it). I have Hokuriku Arch Pass.

Any better route?

clementiboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i suggest you take the 1-day kintetsu day pass if you travelling to nara.
it not only covers the kintetsu rail between osaka and nara but also unlimited rides on Nara Kotsu Buses which is very useful to get to the various temples of nara.

clementiboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, is it cheaper to buy sports shoes at outlets like ABC mart compared to queensway?

i went to tokyo in 2017 and i saw singaporeans buying sports shoes from abc.
so i am not sure if i should do the same.

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, is it cheaper to buy sports shoes at outlets like ABC mart compared to queensway?

I never understood Singaporeans going ABC in Japan to buy the same shoes they can get in SG.

There are however certain cases that make it worth the while. An example is Asics running shoes on the whole are cheaper in Japan than SG and also have a larger variety that offer "wide" or "racing wide" sizes which have a wider forefoot to fit asian feet.

At one time certain made in Japan Asics running shoes models like Skysensor Japan and Tarther Japan were selling $200 in Japan but $399 in SG. Asics SG has since brought down the prices in recent years, however you get a bigger variety to choose from in Japan.

The other case is Japan exclusive or Japan made sneakers/shoes.

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Is not cheaper unless is factory outlet. Usually ppl buy exclusive to Japan ABC editions

clementiboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you.
not gonna any factory outlet this trip due to lack of time.

then i will get my sports shoes in sinkie :)

thwysg

Reaction score
thank you.
not gonna any factory outlet this trip due to lack of time.

then i will get my sports shoes in sinkie :)

Actually depends on the model you are getting. Few years back, some friends asked me to check the prices for NMDs and Superstar Slip-on in the boutiques. Slightly cheaper and more colors and models available. I usually just get those MIJ models from Onitsuka/Asics when in Japan instead.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tot nagano badly affected by flood. saw pics of parked shinkansen in water
Guys, need to plan for alternate route. Meanwhile pray that JR East can get the segment between Nagano and Itoigawa up before 17th Oct.

Hokuriku for now Tokyo until Nagano. From here i plan to board a local bus to Hakuba Station > JR Oita to Itoigawa and then Hokuriku to Toyama(not sure if this segment is available, still looking for more info on it). I have Hokuriku Arch Pass.

Any better route?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.