[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those who want to po ghost recon breakpoint can goto qoo10 as they got offer at $53 after deduction of qpoints.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Any one buying contra for ps4?
Reposting from the switch games thread:

You talking about Contra Anniversary Collection or Contra: Rogue Corps? Do not buy the latter. IGN gave it 4.0 out of 10.

Another review:

Looking at the gameplay, I would highly recommend the excellent twin-stick shooter Dead Nation by Housemarque instead. It's Sony exclusive though (PS4/PS3/Vita). The console versions have couch co-op too.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
What the heck, the free-to-play "Destiny 2: New Light" actually starts with the starting part of "Destiny 1" campaign? And then you are at the Tower (skipping over some major events). From there it's just free roam, you unlock planets to planets based on XP (not story progression). So there is no "Destiny 2" story campaign at all? Am I missing something here? Does "Destiny 2: New Light" actually include ALL year 1 contents as advertised or is it actually "Destiny 2 Lite"?

btw, free-to-play Destiny 2 New Light is launching tomorrow, should be 1AM our time. Currently servers are down for 24 hour maintenance. Can start downloading and just try, since it's free.

Last edited:

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What the heck, the free-to-play "Destiny 2: New Light" actually starts with the starting part of "Destiny 1" campaign? And then you are at the Tower (skipping over some major events). From there it's just free roam, you unlock planets to planets based on XP (not story progression). So there is no "Destiny 2" story campaign at all? Am I missing something here? Does "Destiny 2: New Light" actually include ALL year 1 contents as advertised or is it actually "Destiny 2 Lite"?

btw, free-to-play Destiny 2 New Light is launching tomorrow, should be 1AM our time. Currently servers are down for 24 hour maintenance. Can start downloading and just try, since it's free.

so if i have the old destiny 2 it will patch to this version?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Update on the free-to-play Destiny 2 question I posted above after some research. Looks like the full Year 1 story campaign is still there. Just that now, for new players, you get a quick 'tutorial' mission (which is based on the start of Destiny 1) and it gets you to the Tower (your base) and you free roam from there. This is a shortcut that lets players access activities immediately without having to go through the original Destiny 2 story. And planet destinations are unlocked based on XP instead of story progression (originally story progression does have locks based on level too, so it has a tie to XP as well). If you want to play through the story campaigns (of the base game and the first 2 expansions, all Year 1), you can start them from an NPC (Amanda Holliday).

One reason I think they want to let new players skip over the story campaign is that, with Shadowkeep (Year 3) release today, every gear starts at Power level 750 (which was the max power level until just one day ago). So new players are already powerful enough to roam everywhere (and probably OP for the story campaigns, unless they scale accordingly).

And sadly, as usual for Destiny series, whenever there is a major expansion existing players basically get thrown back to square one. Whatever levels you climbed to before is now just the ground floor, you have to start climbing again. Destiny doesn't respect all the time and hard work (plus luck) you put in before. The only advantage you have over new players is that your already gathered some good gears, and even though they are same level as new players, they have good properties and perks that make them more useful.

so if i have the old destiny 2 it will patch to this version?
There is only one Destiny 2. So with every release, they will patch to the latest version. Bungie gates contents based on what you purchased (from none to various DLCs, season and annual passes). Free-to-play and paid players are all on the same version, playing together. "Destiny 2: New Light" (free) and "Destiny 2: Shadowkeep" are the same game.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review
verdict: "Wait for sale, if you like wildlands, you will like this."

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review
verdict: "Wait for sale, if you like wildlands, you will like this."
I played Wildlands and really like it, but after watching reviews and gameplays of Breakpoint, I don't think I want to play it. I played Wildlands as a single player game, though it has a shared world (you see other random players around). I understand that subsequently Wildlands become more multi-player focused with the expansions, but I was already done with the game. Now Breakpoint seems to be totally live service MMO game, like Destiny, and with tons of microtransactions. There is no more AI teammates (who were super powerful in Wildlands) so soloing is more difficult. The graphics and environment looks downgraded. It's more Division than Wildlands, which is not the direction I prefer this series to go.

Talking about live service games, I would suggest the free-to-play Destiny 2 instead. It's very friendly (overly friendly I think) to new players. They reset all weapons/armors to power level 750 as starting for everyone, old and new players. New players get every skill node unlock right from the start. I played my 1 year old chars through some activities and only gotten to 753. Then I started a new account, just to experience what a new player will see, and gotten to 770 within an hour! wtf! (And last night, day 2 since release, I already ran into players at 900!)

Ok, totally new players will take a lot more time to familiar with the game, lots of things that are overwhelming. But it seems to me progression is much quicker for new players, at least because you don't have legacy gears to try and keep while trying to upgrade, so you just equip whatever new gear you get that has higher number, and keep changing up all the time.

Really recommend people giving Destiny 2 a try for free, the monetisation is not bad. It's mostly cosmetic and they are trying to sell you Year 2 and beyond contents, but you don't have to buy them yet (until you are sure you want to commit to it). Without buying the Y2 & Y3 contents doesn't leave you at a low level (as mentioned, you start at 750, which was the max old players could get to a few days ago, and you all end with 950-960).

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I played Wildlands and really like it, but after watching reviews and gameplays of Breakpoint, I don't think I want to play it. I played Wildlands as a single player game, though it has a shared world (you see other random players around). I understand that subsequently Wildlands become more multi-player focused with the expansions, but I was already done with the game. Now Breakpoint seems to be totally live service MMO game, like Destiny, and with tons of microtransactions. There is no more AI teammates (who were super powerful in Wildlands) so soloing is more difficult. The graphics and environment looks downgraded. It's more Division than Wildlands, which is not the direction I prefer this series to go.

Talking about live service games, I would suggest the free-to-play Destiny 2 instead. It's very friendly (overly friendly I think) to new players. They reset all weapons/armors to power level 750 as starting for everyone, old and new players. New players get every skill node unlock right from the start. I played my 1 year old chars through some activities and only gotten to 753. Then I started a new account, just to experience what a new player will see, and gotten to 770 within an hour! wtf! (And last night, day 2 since release, I already ran into players at 900!)

Ok, totally new players will take a lot more time to familiar with the game, lots of things that are overwhelming. But it seems to me progression is much quicker for new players, at least because you don't have legacy gears to try and keep while trying to upgrade, so you just equip whatever new gear you get that has higher number, and keep changing up all the time.

Really recommend people giving Destiny 2 a try for free, the monetisation is not bad. It's mostly cosmetic and they are trying to sell you Year 2 and beyond contents, but you don't have to buy them yet (until you are sure you want to commit to it). Without buying the Y2 & Y3 contents doesn't leave you at a low level (as mentioned, you start at 750, which was the max old players could get to a few days ago, and you all end with 950-960).

how does these 2 games compared against borderlands series or 3 specifically ?

does the developer adamant in nerfing every fun build players discovered or fix bugs, lag issues first ?

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I played Wildlands and really like it, but after watching reviews and gameplays of Breakpoint, I don't think I want to play it. I played Wildlands as a single player game, though it has a shared world (you see other random players around). I understand that subsequently Wildlands become more multiplayer focused with the expansions, but I was already done with the game....

installed breakpoint but ubisoft servers for this game is down currently. cannot play on launch day.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, Sony made playstation 4 cannot pair Bluetooth speaker??

When I use my playstation 4 to pair it give not able to connect. But when I use phone can connect.

So how to fix it?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

When I use my playstation 4 to pair it give not able to connect. But when I use phone can connect.

So how to fix it?
PS4 has no direct bluetooth support for earphones/speakers. Maybe becos such bluetooth devices were not common back then, or because of bluetooth bandwidth limitation (PS4 already has multiple bluetooth connections to controllers).

Alternative is something like this:

if you want to use a bluetooth earphone/headphone/speaker, there's this other gadget:

3-5mm-Bluetooth-4-0-EDR-USB-Bluetooth-Dongle-Wireless-USB-Adapter-Receiver-For-PS4-Controller.jpg_220x220.jpg

It's a bluetooth transmitter dongle that you plug into the PS4. Then you pair your bluetooth earphone/speaker to it (hold the button on the dongle for like 2s to get into pairing mode). (I do find that after pairing once, often have to do again when want to use again.) Note that depending on your earphone, the volume control on the earphone (if any) may not work.

Also note that this is transmitter only, no receiving function, so your earphone's mic won't work. That's why you see another little thingy that you plug into the PS4 controller's earphone jack. That's basically a little mic (it uses PS4 controller's built-in function to handle your voice input).

You can search Aliexpress for "ps4 bluetooth adapter" (should be around US$8, free shipping).

Reaction score
Anyone played code vein? Nice to play? Tempted to buy n play but currently is playing persona 5 :(

Sent from Rem Is Best Waifu using GAGT

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So how to fix it?
where you kope your ps4 and speaker?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.