MCO Crypto Visa Card (Strictly no referral!)

wescgw

Reaction score
just got the card, staked.
and applied for spotify.

But still not sure what to use the card for..
any ideas?

just realise need a min 500usd to fund the card?

500usd is for swift transfers. You can try instarem/transferwise, no minimum amount. Some are trying revolut to transfer in as well, and have successfully transferred with no fees

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh really.
I don't need 500USD.
Just wanna test say 50bucks.

Anyone tried TW/IR?
There should be some kinda fees involved using the above two platform

500usd is for swift transfers. You can try instarem/transferwise, no minimum amount. Some are trying revolut to transfer in as well, and have successfully transferred with no fees

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh really.
I don't need 500USD.
Just wanna test say 50bucks.

Anyone tried TW/IR?
There should be some kinda fees involved using the above two platform

InstaReM has some slight fees - you can view it on their website. Tried it with no issues, and deposit takes around 1-2 days.

First deposit takes longer though (~3 days).

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why would anyone use such a card which requires staking is really out of my mind.

The drop in MCO token price is not enough to cover your Netflix sub, whatever cashbacks and whatever MCO gives you as rebates... lol. Don't be Penny Wise but Pound Foolish.

Anyone who took the Black card staking back in Jun will see a substantial loss of more than 50% in token price which I believed no amount of rebates, cashbacks or free subscriptions can cover. I am talking abt more than $150k loss here :s22::s22:

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why would anyone use such a card which requires staking is really out of my mind.

The drop in MCO token price is not enough to cover your Netflix sub, whatever cashbacks and whatever MCO gives you as rebates... lol. Don't be Penny Wise but Pound Foolish.

Anyone who took the Black card staking back in Jun will see a substantial loss of more than 50% in token price which I believed no amount of rebates, cashbacks or free subscriptions can cover. I am talking abt more than $150k loss here :s22::s22:

Indeed. I certainly don't recommend getting Black Card unless the price is USD$0.50.

People who do this are people who can stomach volatility.

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
InstaReM has some slight fees - you can view it on their website. Tried it with no issues, and deposit takes around 1-2 days.

First deposit takes longer though (~3 days).

how much did you transfer?
in SGD or USD?

also, their receiving bank is a UK barclays bank right?

wescgw

Reaction score

Yup, really depends when you entered and how long you can stomach the volatility. Staking has to be held for a minimum of 6 months, so its a paper loss till then. After 6 months, you can unstake and sell the tokens and realise the loss, or hold on if you've faith in the project. Crypto markets are volatile so what the price will be in the next few months is anyone's guess

petshijie

Reaction score
Just gotten the card. Tried using it topup my ezlink with the card at translink machine where you can tap but it doesn't work even though I have enough SGD value. Not sure why ��

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just gotten the card. Tried using it topup my ezlink with the card at translink machine where you can tap but it doesn't work even though I have enough SGD value. Not sure why ******************

You cannot top up EzLink at the machine. Only can do it with the Ezlink App.

wescgw

Reaction score
Ah i see. I tried with the Ezlink app as well but keep getting redirected to hooks.stripe and fail :s22: I don't think it works

Yup, needs 3DS for the ezlink app to work. You can tap it directly for transport but can't top up ezlink for now. Still waiting for 3DS!

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got the card, staked.
and applied for spotify.

But still not sure what to use the card for..
any ideas?

just realise need a min 500usd to fund the card?

Good for spending at places (Gov, hospitals,ezlink...)where cashback is excluded by other cards.

Good for spend in foreign currency up to your limit without extra charges. If your cashback is 2%, add the forex charges + VISA/MC charges by other cards 2.5-3%, equivalent to 4.5-5% cashback if you use other cards.
Only problem now is you need to have min 4.5 MCO (given as cashback) to sell, but they said they will remove the minimum soon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.