[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can explain why my ios devices’ - ipadpro & iphone, wifi always disconnect/connect/disconnect randomly? I use a huawei phone side by side no disruption, so dun think is wifi issue.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My dad has a damaged screen iPad, I have no idea what the model is.
Any idea how much would it cost to go for replacement of the screen? Apple store, or outside 3rd party.

mGjO00y.jpg

coolhirako

Reaction score
Have a question here.
Sometimes i will get like a little electric shock when touching my macbook pro , is that common issue ?

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have a question here.
Sometimes i will get like a little electric shock when touching my macbook pro , is that common issue ?

If the grounding is not there, or you are not grounded using power cord. Also at times is static, not electrical charges from the battery or main.

When you are on battery only, it's possible. If you are using the charger with power cord, but your socket pins have no grounding, it's possible. That is why you are encouraged to plug in and using chargers with metal grounding pin.

symbiote28

Reaction score
anyone here have pictures of the external monitor setup? i was comtemplating buying an imac or just using my 13" MBP and finally decided to buy an external monitor instead. monitor i bought was the LG 27UL850-W.

now my question is, do you try to replicate the apple ecosystem by buying the apple keyboard and the trackpad?

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a shock of my life when I was unable to start up my MBP this morning. Tried and press the power button for 10s and doesn't work till like 10mins later. Anyone know what happened?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a shock of my life when I was unable to start up my MBP this morning. Tried and press the power button for 10s and doesn't work till like 10mins later. Anyone know what happened?

Could be no battery left. Did you try plugging in?

sendhalp

Reaction score
hi all, the question that I want to ask have probably been asked several times, just looking for some assurance..

I'm keen on getting a MBP 2017 (non Touch Bar version, just don't like the gimmicky Touch Bar). and seems like its already sold out in all the stores, hence the only way of getting it is via apple refurbished.

how is the quality of the refurbished products? do they really run out that fast as some reported?

thanks a bunch:)

falcon2000

Reaction score
hi all, the question that I want to ask have probably been asked several times, just looking for some assurance..

I'm keen on getting a MBP 2017 (non Touch Bar version, just don't like the gimmicky Touch Bar). and seems like its already sold out in all the stores, hence the only way of getting it is via apple refurbished.

how is the quality of the refurbished products? do they really run out that fast as some reported?

thanks a bunch:)

Gain City still have MBP 2017.

I just saw it in their facebook. This their sale items https://imgs.info/i/kb5Bb

Last edited:

symbiote28

Reaction score

it happened to me twice before. there's battery capacity still in it but it took a powerbank to 'jumpstart' my macbook.

ryan_khoo

Master Member
Reaction score
With Catalina now no more iTunes. Can I know what happened to the stored valued money in my iTunes account ?

Thanks

siegeholler

Reaction score
anyone can recommend an inexpensive usb or thunderbolt to ethernet mac adaptor? other than apple $45 one. thx!

salvat0re

Reaction score
Hi, did you solve this problem? It could be a dim screen issue.
Have you tried shining a torch light onto your monitor?

Reaction score
Actually if I wants to trade in my MacBook Air 11.6 inches one will Apple takes it back?

It’s 100% functional nothing is spoil except the battery cannot last 10hrs..top is 4hrs now

salvat0re

Reaction score
Actually if I wants to trade in my MacBook Air 11.6 inches one will Apple takes it back?

It’s 100% functional nothing is spoil except the battery cannot last 10hrs..top is 4hrs now

I think they do have a trade-in program.
Does your company have any such program w Apple?

sKeLeToN

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got an old Macbook Air (late-2013 model) which recently had a dead battery.

Would you guys recommend sending it back to Apple to repair ($188), or is it cheaper/ easy to DIY?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.