Panasonic TVs users please come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeagoly

Reaction score
Now Panasonic 55gx600 selling at $998 with free mounting brackets.
I was at imm best denki 3rd floor the promoter told me 55gx600s going for 949 with delivery and wall mount, got his number then left. Went to the ground floor roadshow and realise got week old display set (previously got my 1-week old LG display set for about 3.5k), so I whatsapped the promoter if there was any 55gx600s display set.

Turns out it's my lucky day, he told me there's a brand new set unopened, 3 year warranty with wall mounting and delivery. Paid $829, and used favepay for another 2% rebate off next purchase. Pretty good deal since I was looking for a TV in my MBR for quite a while. I think Panasonic colours nicer though I still like LG's magic remote and interface

bodohboy

Reaction score
I was at imm best denki 3rd floor the promoter told me 55gx600s going for 949 with delivery and wall mount, got his number then left. Went to the ground floor roadshow and realise got week old display set (previously got my 1-week old LG display set for about 3.5k), so I whatsapped the promoter if there was any 55gx600s display set.

Turns out it's my lucky day, he told me there's a brand new set unopened, 3 year warranty with wall mounting and delivery. Paid $829, and used favepay for another 2% rebate off next purchase. Pretty good deal since I was looking for a TV in my MBR for quite a while. I think Panasonic colours nicer though I still like LG's magic remote and interface

Damn what a steal

mankind66

Reaction score

Superb price

smeagoly

Reaction score
Got the 55gx600s delivered today. Delivery was by best denki and installation by Panasonic.

First impression is that 55" in MBR isn't as big as I thought it might have been. Initially wanted to get a 49" but once I started watching 55" in the mbr (viewing distance from bed 2.3m), I think it's just nice.

Having seen different brands' TVs in the stores, I tend to prefer Panasonic's and Sony's PQ over other brands. Sony is abit pricier and Panasonic is more affordable. Colours out the box are indeed nice. The default normal mode is a bit washed out, but the dynamic mode is likely the settings used in store display. Colours are vivid and warm, and the screen is really bright.

JvS8AgAl.jpg

a89QE8Al.jpg

VjdCSVsl.jpg

eItxhVTl.jpg

As expected of an entry level model, the blacks are slightly greyish black, back light bleeding was minimal.

2zvApDkl.jpg

03frIXHl.jpg

FVlzBXQl.jpg

I managed to connect my passive antenna from amazon and received all the local channels. Toggle red is also available on this model which connects instantly whenever you press the menu button when surfing any local channel.

Speakers are fairly decent, and volume 20 borders on loud for a room about 20sqm.

Functionality wise, Netflix is on the remote and is the first app you see when you click the home button. YouTube and amazon prime video are also the other default apps. The appstore looks poor with a lot of obscure apps targeted for the Indian market (believe this model is sold in India), but then again I only need Netflix, prime video and YouTube so I doubt I will use the other apps at all. WiFi connectivity is good and videos stream quickly.

The Web browser also loads fairly fast, the Web text is very crisp and punchy, but scrolling with the remote is rather cumbersome, which brings me to my next point..

VfuqtCkl.jpg

My main gripe with the TV is definitely the navigation. Coming from LG magic remote, typing and pressing on the remote is a huge pain, especially for YouTube. I'm super used LG's pointer mouse and the built in mic to search on YouTube, but with Panasonic it's much more tedious (although this can be solved with an extra wireless 3rd party keyboard)

All in all its a very nice and functional TV under the $1000 category. Considering I paid slightly over $800 with wall mount and delivery, it is very value for money, and I would get it over other budget options such as MiTV or TCL. But for anyone very used to LG's interface, their similar offering 55UK6320 is also priced at 999, and I will most likely get that instead at the same price.

romeo88

Reaction score
Nice effort and sharing, even though I'm not a fan of transmissive device.

Got the 55gx600s delivered today. Delivery was by best denki and installation by Panasonic.

First impression is that 55" in MBR isn't as big as I thought it might have been. Initially wanted to get a 49" but once I started watching 55" in the mbr (viewing distance from bed 2.3m), I think it's just nice.

Having seen different brands' TVs in the stores, I tend to prefer Panasonic's and Sony's PQ over other brands. Sony is abit pricier and Panasonic is more affordable. Colours out the box are indeed nice. The default normal mode is a bit washed out, but the dynamic mode is likely the settings used in store display. Colours are vivid and warm, and the screen is really bright.

me9805

Reaction score
Panasonic tv Long lasting. My 50 inch plasma 10 years old. Still working well. My Wife dun allow me to buy new tv.:(

Dom007

Reaction score
Panasonic tv Long lasting. My 50 inch plasma 10 years old. Still working well. My Wife dun allow me to buy new tv.:(
Lol... My 40 inch LCD Sony of 15 years Still Working Well too. My Wife Also Don't Allow to buy new TV... Lol

mun

Reaction score
me too... my pana plasma tv still working after 10years. cant wait for it to breakdown so can change new one :/

3dtHUTxl.jpg

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me too... my pana plasma tv still working after 10years. cant wait for it to breakdown so can change new one :/

3dtHUTxl.jpg

Just change it lah. My dad saw a big decrease in electricity bill moving from Plasma to LED, and from a 42" to 60"...

smeagoly

Reaction score
Wow made in Singapore, could be a collectors item in the future, and testament to qc standards here.. Hahaha

mun

Reaction score
Pokémon;123597283 said:
Just change it lah. My dad saw a big decrease in electricity bill moving from Plasma to LED, and from a 42" to 60"...
true that there is some saving if using LED TV as compared to plasma TV. but my usage is usually low (ard 2-3hrs a day), so the saving is negligible to me for a change. just waiting for it to spoil will be a much bigger and better factor for me �

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm also thinking whether to retire my plasma....oled now can offer those black levels...in between getting a 65 oled or a 75 led lol

smeagoly

Reaction score
Hmm also thinking whether to retire my plasma....oled now can offer those black levels...in between getting a 65 oled or a 75 led lol
I was also deciding between 65 lg oled or 75 lg UHD last January when I was doing my reno, end up went for size. No regrets, I watch mostly Netflix, YouTube and playing my ps4. Size was more important than blacks and contrast for me

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
settled with a 65gz1000 in the end super deal. i tried lcd really cannot the black levels in dark scenes need squint eyes to see whats happening hahaha....either that or brightness up and the scene looks like a day shot. anyways its for my bedroom so 65 very big le coming from 50 panny plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.